1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Watford

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Feb 27, 2019.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Exactly yet to many they’ll blame Puel still even though he’s gone. I just don’t get the logic of changing a manager mid season when it’s clearly not even an upgrade. But at least the Puel outers will like his interviews

2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

More of the same, i didn't expect massive change in a week.

I didn't blame Puel when he lost his first game, im not sure why people are to point fingers at Rodgers already.

3. JohnTheFox

It’s not Rodgers just as it wasn’t Puel. It’s the players who are the problem and to a wider extent our deluded fan base. Although last Saturday was hopeless I still wanted to give Puel the season. I’m fed up at our fans for creating such a negative, toxic atmosphere at the games and basically forcing Top’s hand in to making the change. But ultimately I do think Rodgers is not better than Puel

BigFox likes this.
  4. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

"I thought some of the intensity of our pressing was good. We did a lot of things well. It gives me great hope going forward.

"I loved every minute. It has been a great week working with the players. I said whatever the result, for me I only wanted to see spirit and intensity and I saw that. It gives us a great opportunity to go forward and build on some of the good points from today."

Brendan Rodgers after the match.

I must have been watching a different match - intensity of pressing good ? spirit and intensity good ?
    bollocks - obviously he has to say such stuff - but it was obvious they were **** and couldn't be ****ed even to try

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I agree - I fully expected Puel to leave at the end of the season so the new manager would have a transfer window and preseason.

Now we have no time for the manager to sort his team out while in the tail end of a bad campaign - can see our fickle fans jumping on Rodgers back egged on by rightfully pissed off Celtic fans.

JohnTheFox likes this.
  6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

This is what people were warning us about - he doesn't air his dirty laundry in public so he is so positive it comes off as deluded.

Makes for more entertaining press conferences which all of our louder fans wanted right?

JohnTheFox likes this.
  7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

That is what I thought the plan would be but at the start of next season - a new manager would come in with less pressure as all the blame would be on Puel.

8. JohnTheFox

I just don’t get what the club is trying to do here. I just think every manager is destined to fail until we bin off a number of our squad and majority of our fans

BigFox and HarboroughFox like this.
  9. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Watford are above us in the table for a reason. At the moment they play better as a team than we do. They also play for 97 minutes and don't leave a bloody great gap in the middle of their defence right at the death. Stupid free kicks conceded early on by Ndidi and Maguire - why? Positives were the performances of Tielemans and Ricardo (again), although Ndidi looked more comfortable on the ball. Evans was OK. JV took his goal superbly but missed a number of runs to get behind their defence - how fit is he? I like Harvey Barnes but today it looked like he hadn't a scooby what to do. Oh well, off on hols on Tuesday so sunshine and beach here we come.

10. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Rodgers has a few games to get a feel of the squad. Work out who he does and doesnt want. Tielemans passing is much better then anyone elses at the club. First player since Drinky who can see and play a forward pass. He has played Gray and Vardy in for goals which Mendy or Ndidi wouldnt have done

Im not too bothered about today as its not the them type or games we have struggled in. Its next week Fulham at home we need to win. They played quite well today but defensively they are shocking

On a side night Jamie Vardy’s next goal will be his 100th for us

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Why aren't you bothered? You were one of the people that complained about us not beating Spurs even though we put in an excellent performance but this dross against Watford is acceptable?

HarboroughFox likes this.
  12. JohnTheFox

Because Puel has gone :bandit: What is bothering me is the people know made out like Puel was this toxic influence in the club that was the problem of all the bad so if that was the case then yes, I’d have expected a quick turnaround and much better today. Surely this shows the players must taken responsibility. We created so much more even in this poor run that cost Puel than we did today

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Barnes reminded me of Gray in his first season - lively but no end product. Wonder how long it will take for our "fans" to turn on him as well.

14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Exactly, there was no new positives in this game or anything that indicates that Puel was holding them back or anything like that like Mouriniho was doing at Man Utd - in fact I think this was one of our worst performances this season.

I don't normally agree with Souness but he has hit the nail on the head here https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...s/graeme-souness-leicester-city-vardy-2604565 - the players have to take responsibility and if they can't or won't then hopefully he will have the balls to bin them.

15. Proud Fox

Its going to take time for Rodgers to change things. There is alot wrong and has been for months that will change but wont in a few days or a few weeks.

Rodgers will have learnt alot today

16. Proud Fox

I think alot of our problems fall down to the midfield. We cant control it enough. Ndidi is useless on the ball, Mendy the same, Tielemans and Maddison dont offer enough off the ball. Silva never delivered what was expected and Iborra was good but never great

We need some like Drinkwater. And no im not saying bring him back

We need a midfielder who can defend but can pick out a pass and set us on attacks like Tielemans does

We have alot of midfielders but lack an all rounder.

17. JohnTheFox

Yeah that’s a good example. The performance shouldn’t have got worse. I think it vindicates Puel somewhat

18. Proud Fox

1 defeat vindicates Puel? You must have forgotten about Cardiff, Newport, Southampton and Palace

Much worse then today

19. Proud Fox

Plus Rodgers has already found Ghezzal’s best position <laugh>

20. JohnTheFox

Performance was much worse, we created nothing. It shows that it wasn’t purely down to Puel or they’d have come out firing today. It shows how much responsibility the players have to shoulder. Btw I said vindicates somewhat, not completely. As in shows it wasn’t just him.