1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Newcastle

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

James Maddison is a doubt and with Daniel Amartey returning it leaves just Matty James as the only injured player.

Schmeichel

Ricardo
    Evans
    Soyuncu
    Chilwell

Ndidi
    Tielemans

Gray
    Perez
    Barnes

Vardy

Subs- Ward, Justin, Morgan, Choudhury, Praet, Albrighton, Iheanacho

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Suspect Praet for Maddison might be the only change <cheers>

3. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Personally would bring Perez behind Vardy and Gray our wide

FosseFilberto likes this.
  4. Proud Fox

Rodgers has said Maddison will be given every chance to play but he is still a doubt

Filip Benkovic is now fit and upto speed but has players ahead of him for selection

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Having to wait until Sunday for the game is crapppppp. Saturday is for football!

Got to be the same as last time out maybe Gray or Albrighton for Perez the only change

Edit as Fosse says above is Maddison is not fit then Praet is the obvious choice

6. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Team news. No Madison, Praet in.

7. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Biggest ever prem win, cant argue with that. Great professional performance. Newcastle can have no arguments with either the sending off or the result. Long season for them. The only down side perhaps was Perez looking grumpy at coming off without yet breaking his duck. Happy days.

8. Proud Fox

Great performance

Just shows how far Rodgers has took us. Without Maddison we created chances and pulled a defensive team apart who had everyone behind the ball.

Great result and performance

9. Proud Fox

10. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Great result. Can't believe Newcastle offered so little, even with 11.

11. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Great result but what a disappointing first half. Why didn't we pressurise a team that is short on confidence and spirit right from the start? The game could and should have been won by half time, not had us hanging on to a single goal lead that could have been easily wiped out. We have stopped being fearless and become tentative, particularly in the first half. Without Maddison there was far too much passing backwards and sideways and, had it not been Leicester playing, I would have turned off after 30 minutes.

Sky gave the man of the match to Pereira and the BBC gave it to Vardy, but I thought Ndidi was absolutely immense and broke up everything that Newcastle managed to offer. Show me a better defensive midfielder in the Prem - including Kante.

Nice to see Albrighton come on and give a brilliant cameo performance. He gave the fullback more problems in 20 minutes than he'd had in the previous 70 just by running at him and taking him on. Harvey Barnes could have been playing till next Sunday and he still wouldn't have been able to produce a cross like Albrighton's to give Vardy his second goal.

Next weekend's game is going to be very interesting and the result could be season defining. Can we expect to see Choudhury start alongside Ndidi?

12. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

First paragraph is a bit harsh mate. The two best teams in the Prem go sideways and back for large portions of the game. The transition to attack is where they speed up, which is what we did on Sunday - Perez in the first minute, Barnes with the blast just over the bar. Second half we kept spreading it and made them chase and showed real talent. Agree with Ndidi - his best game by far in a Leicester shirt. He looks to be a more all rounded player rather than just tackling and intercepting. I think you are probably right that Choudhury will start which will be a shame - if they have a weak point it is in their defending. Would like to see us have a real go at them. Fabulous all round performance yesterday, and thought Praet looks a real player as well.

13. BucksFox

It's the natural pessimist in me, Barwell! Whenever we start going backwards and knocking it across our own penalty box or just outside, I'm waiting for someone to foul up and hand the opposition a soft goal. And how many times have we been the team that are the fall guys when the opposition haven't won for 10 games? I'm more comfortable in keeping the ball as high up the pitch and away from our goal as possible and trying to not let an opposing team that is lacking confidence get a foothold in the game. There were times in the first half we gave Newcastle chances and they should have scored which would have changed the game.
    I won't tell Brendan where he's going wrong at the moment; I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. :emoticon-0142-happy

14. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

If it keeps going like this - the press vultures will be circling with

Rodgers to a "big club" etc.... blah blah..
    and obviously Maddison, Ndidi, etc. et al to Man United, Liverpool, Man City etc. in January
    We have to stop winning or we might be relegated !! <doh>

15. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Rodgers said in the build up to the game that the fans must be patient as there will be times when we go sideways or backwards just to retain possession and look for that incisive pass or opportunity to accelerate through a side. This is the Prem and every side will have opportunities at some point, its whether you have the qualities to capitalize, clearly Newcastle didn't, Kasper never made a save in the game. Its awesome that we have these selection problems which is the same as Klopp and Pep, it shows we have depth and options. For me we just need to get Perez in amongst the goals and we are going to be very difficult to contain.

16. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Perez, for me, is the 1 diamond that isn't shining yet. I thought he had a decent 1st half against Newcastle, then drifted out of the game.

Gray is fine coming off the bench, Albrighton never lets you down and Barnes just does enough.

Defence picks itself and it's perm any 5 from 9 to form midfield/wingers.

Obviously Kasper and Vardy are 1st choice.

The real test will be if/when Vardy is out for any length of time.

17. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Newcastle made us look better for sure, they'd given up after 60 minutes.

I would have preferred them to come and park the bus tbh, see if we could find a way through. If that was them parking the bus, Bruce will be out of the job before christmas.

Would like to believe that we can take points off of Liverpool next weekend, lets hope they can keep their intensity up in training after a walk over like that was.

Still lacking in the "Mane/Salah" style positions, (though Barnes and Perez are putting the effort in) but the rest of the team are looking very top 6 worthy <ok>

18. BucksFox

Barnes needs to be more adventurous and take his full back on more often (like Albrighton demonstrated). Him and Chilwell should be combining better and creating decent chances down that left flank, but neither gets to the line often enough.

19. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I don’t see anything but positives from that game. Yes Newcastle were awful but we’ve long since struggled to dispatch these sides at home so it’s a great win. I’m sure Man City are giving themselves all the credit for the 8-0 win over Watford.
    Thought Perez was better too, set up Ricardo and was well involved in the Praet/own goal.
    Would be great if we could end Liverpool’s 100% record