1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Huddersfield

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Apr 1, 2019.

1. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Fully deserved. About time we thumped someone.

2. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Could've and probably should've been more.

Never a pen for them though.

Nice to be up to 7th, even if on goal difference and Wolves and Watford not playing.

3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Just shows we we have been missing all season

A decent manager. Brendan has been superb for us. Playing players in the right positions. Putting confidence into players and getting them to play a style that suits them. His man management has been superb. Letting Maguire have time off with his family, allowing Vardy more time off to rest

Its the little things like that, that make all the difference

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Very professional performance and the 'young guns' improving game by game ... wasn't a pen for me. <cheers>

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Remember how good we looked when Puel first came in. For the record I do think we’ve got the right guy in Rodgers but I’m still cautious as it’s early days I want to be sure it’s not a honeymoon period before getting too excited. Will also be interesting to see how we go on against Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea, we will definitely need some points from those if we want to finish 7th

6. Proud Fox

Rodgers is proven himself. He keeps singling out player for praise and has near enough gone through the whole squad now. Little things like that gets the players onside

We have done well against the big sides this season.

Im really excited with this squad where we can go. We have a great manager who knows not only how to develop them but how to get results out of them and realises the importance of the older players

7. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

The off the field stuff that you mention is positive yes, all I’m saying is on the pitch let’s get past the initial period where Puel did well as well and still see if we can sustain it if we want to make the next level. The buzz is definitely back and he couldn’t have done more so far (other than the last minute goal at Watford which we will see how costly that is later). We are definitely brushing aside the lower sides now and breaking through the bus which is what we really struggled with but he hasn’t had a test against bigger sides yet. That was where Puel excelled but it wasn’t enough when losing at home to Cardiff, Southampton and Palace

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I remember Shakespeare having an even better start - in fact all of our managers while we have been in the Premier League have had good starts then tail off.

Really hope that Rodgers can buck that trend.

9. Proud Fox

I think alot depends on our summer. We have lost a key player ever year and Cambiasso aside. We have been extremely slow at replacing them

It took us 6 months to replace Kante with Ndidi. And by then we had lost our momentum and teams knew they could get at us.

Drinkwater was badly replaced with Silva but wasnt really replaced until Tielemans came in 18 months later

Mahrez still hasnt been replaced with a like for like option with decent quality. Collectively Ricardo, Maddison and Tielemans have covered the creativity we lost

So if we dont lose anyone this summer we have an advantage to previous years. No doubt teams will look at Maguire, Chilwell, Ndidi but our biggest battle will be getting Tielemans signed. If we keep hold of what we have and add abit more quality in the positions we lack then I think next season Rodgers can achieve something really good with us

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

The only other key player linked away is Kasper - is an interesting case as there are rumours that he want's to try his luck abroad and it seems like it is Rodgers willing to let him go as he wants to bring in a keeper that can build from the back.

I would like us to bring in some experienced players as well - I think Boyata is the only player over 25 that we are linked with atm.

11. Proud Fox

Rodgers rubbished that last week when he praised Kasper and said his passing is perfect to build our play. This season his passing has been shocking but normally he is very good with the ball at his feet

12. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

TBH most of the rumours started with Peter's interview where he all but said Kasper will leave if Puel is still in charge - hasn't given one refuting that yet.

We are linked with in Daniel Bentley and Dean Henderson who are good with the ball at their feet - could we potentially have a £12m 3rd keeper?

13. Proud Fox

Kasper signed a new 5 year deal at the start of the season. Then comments from Peter was purely because of Puel. Alot of the team wanted out

Its back to being a happy camp again

14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

It will be interesting how Kasper reacts if Rodgers does bring in another keeper - we always brought in keepers to be second choice rather then fight for the first team.

Also if I put my conspiracy hat on, Kasper was always one of the key names mentioned when each of our past managers since Pearson lost the dressing room so lessening the "player power" would do Rodgers well in the long run...

15. Proud Fox

Not true. Zieler was brought in the compete with him. He was just ****

And we hardly spent £12M on Ward for him to collect a pay packet

Kasper has always out performed the other keepers

Rodgers had an easy opportunity to get rid of the “player power” with Morgan’s contract running out. First thing he did was give him a new one

Rodgers is using the experienced players and managing them better then Puel did. As such they are behind him

16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Kasper has always out performed the other keepers but like you said, he has been poor with his distribution this season so if Rodgers brings in someone, is it too late for the old dog to learn new tricks?

Danny Ward was brought in as a replacement for Hamer. I no idea why we paid so much for Liverpool's 4 choice keeper - maybe a panic buy since Hamer rejected a new contract and Jakupovic was injured at the time? Am hoping it is because of some backroom wheeling dealings and now we are first in line for the likes of Harry Wilson or whoever. Wouldn't be our most expensive bench warmer.

Zieler I agree with - left such a little impression I forgot about him.

Rodgers was clever with Morgan - rumour is that the new contract includes coaching courses and with a promise of future backroom role, he has a powerful voice in the dressing room on his side.

He needs it as Raneiri used the experienced players the best and they still forced him out...

17. Proud Fox

People have to be very careful what they ask for when it comes to keepers passing the ball out

Pep spent £17M on Claudio Bravo because he could pass the ball out. But he couldnt save **** all

How many teams can a year later just go and spend £35M on another keeper a year later because the other keeper didnt work out

Sven was obsessed in getting a keeper who could pass the ball and we signed that muppet Ricardo who like Bravo. Was utter useless and just created a nervous atmosphere everytime the ball went within a mile of him

Kasper has had a dodgy season with his kicking but the previous toxic atmosphere hasnt helped him. With Iversen playing a full season at Oldham he will probably be 3rd choice next season. I will be shocked if Kasper leaves

How much would it cost to replace him with similar quality if Rodgers doesnt fancy Ward?

18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Ricardo was only here for half a season and while he couldn't catch a ball, he was better then Weale who was our keeper at the time - to Sven's credit he didn't extend Ricardo's contract and was the one that brought in Kasper the season after.

Personally I really don't like the trend of keepers passing the ball out but Rodgers likes to have keepers start building from the back. I prefer that they keep the ball away from their own goal and blast it as far as possible which is Kasper's forte and he is able to find our players in the opposite half but ultimately Rodgers's is the one in charge and if Kasper is unable to play that way then the manager will correct that.

Our rumoured targets are up and coming players that are currently in the Championship - they shouldn't be £35M but then again we did pay £12M for Liverpool's 4th choice...