1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Huddersfield

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Sep 12, 2017.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Didn't watch the game but from all I read it seems we were outplayed and lucky to draw as Huddersfield had a good goal disallowed.

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I've only heard about as much as BigFox above but it sounds like the performances are so poor that grabbing a winner would have been papering the cracks. Now I'm always in favour of points over performance (unlike some clubs who prefer possession with no result) but sometimes you need something positive to believe we can win games. I really hope Shakey works out but it sounds like he's being far to cautious which after Arsenal I didn't think would be a problem. I feel like once players like Iborra are fit and we get Silva in we'll have the players. Shakey just needs to be more inventive and ambitious or sadly, given how football is, he won't last

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Vardy missed a sitter and Gray also apparently dived trying to get a penalty rather then be one on one with the keeper.

4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I think people have to forget that Huddersfield got promoted last year because they are actually very very good

5. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Lots of poor performances today. ndidi especially and king was a bit absent. But... we were harried and pressed all over the pitch. On reflection a decent point. we have played better and lost this season.
    Hardly a shot on target and bugger all link up play. The arsenal loss gutted me but to be honest i think we are more than capable of a high high mid table finish. And vardy looks soooo sharp

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Just watching the game on sky, **** me Vardy looked angry when he scored the penalty.
    Huddersfield had a good goal ruled out for a player having an arm off-side, not really a goal scoring part of the body <doh>

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are supposed to be better but got shown our level.

Need to improve drastically otherwise it or another relegation battle.

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

9. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I haven't actually seen it yet but I know Vardy had one ruled out in the latter part of last season when his arm was the only part leaning off (I forget which match now) and nobody seemed to use this arguement that it's not a scoring part of the body for him so I can't feel bad for them. It happened to every club and until they use video replays the refs will carry on making game changing decisions through their incompetence

Diego likes this.
  10. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

His foot was offside....we got lucky though!!

11. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Just wondering about the amount of abuse Slimani would have got if it was him who missed from 1 yard instead of Vardy!!!!!

12. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

The Udders centre forward was a real beast ... gave Maguire and Morgan a torrid time ... gonna be fun watching him rough up some of the more 'cultured' centre backs <laugh>

13. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I can't believe there were any weaker central midfield partnerships on show yesterday than Ndidi and King. If those two are playing together then we needed Okazaki to play deeper and make up the numbers rather than Iheanacho.

Altogether a very unimaginative line-up. If we have ambitions to finish top ten we shouldn't be being subdued by a team like Huddersfield and come away happy with a draw. We need to be dominating them. Already I'm started to be a little concerned about the manager's ability to shake things up and make the hard decisions. Since the Arsenal game we have gone backwards.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  14. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Christ I miss Drinkwater to actually dominate a midfield and pass

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I missed that the entirely of last season as well.

16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Or Mahrez...

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

This is what I was worried about when we appointed Shakespeare - is inexperienced and picks his friends.

Next game will be the big test - a league cup match that we aren't expected to win so is the time to experiment and not show favouritism.

Will end up choosing this team and formation I bet.

18. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Agree, Ed. Or at least someone like him, as he would have missed the season so far with that long term injury.

19. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Arguably the best chance went to Vardy and on another day we would have scraped a win with a bad performance.

Huddersfield harried and battled for everything, we just got a taste of what it was like playing against us when we're on form. Lets face it, Huddersfield are still on a promotion high and have played this well against everyone bar WHU this season.