1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Everton

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Its all about getting a run of games in that position. Marc Albrighton is a right winger but pushed onto the left as playing Mahrez on the right brought the best out of him.

One you have had a decent run of games that postition becomes natural

Problem is Evans will play the next 2 and then Morgan will be back in. Evans so far has looked ok but rusty. Only 1 way to sort that

These problems are purely Puels making in constantly selecting Morgan over Dragovic and now Evans

If Amartey has been his prefered option at right back why didnt he play him there last season over Simpson?

When players get a run of games they will understand positions and build partnerships on the pitch. Other then Mendy and Ndidi no one has had the same player playing next to them or in front of them from 1 week to then next

2. Proud Fox

Right back has been rotated between Ricardo and Amartey

Centre halfs have been Maguire and when he isnt getting sent off Morgan. And then Evans plays the odd game

Chilwell has played every game

Right wing has seen Albrighton, Ricardo, Ghezzal and Gray play there

Baring the first game Mendy and Ndidi have played every game and built a good understanding and partnership

Left wing has been rotated with Maddison, Albrighton, Gray

Iheanacho, Gray, Maddison and Ghezzal have played as the 10

Vardy, Iheanacho and Gray have played as the striker

So there is the problem. Too many players playing 1 position to the next. No one has a clue whats happening 1 week to the next as Puel seems to make things up as he goes along. Bit of a coincidence that the only decent partnership is the only position where we have has consistency with selection.

Ive said before and I stand by it. I like Puel’s vision but he wont ever achieve it as he makes too many strange and poor decisions in his selections and subs. He is his own worst enemy. I think he is a poor manager but probably a great director of football

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

On the other hand it is an advantage in the long run if we have multiple players playing in each position - if there is injury/suspension/fatigue then we have a ready made replacement who can slot in and the opposition can't predict our team.

4. Proud Fox

When won the league when everyone knew our team

Constant changes doesnt help us. Forget the opposition and what they think we will do. We not relegation fodder were we worry more about the opposition hurting us rather then us hurting them

We have players who can score and create goals. But the constant changes doesnt help any of the players or the team.

Yes its good having versatile players but you cant have many of them as you end up with a load of “jack of all trades, master of none” type players. For years no one has knew what postition Amartey’s best postition is. This imo has stopped him actually having a chance of nailing down a position in the team as he just fills in the gaps when we have injuries.

Having a team of Amartey’s wont get you anywhere

leicesterlove likes this.
  5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Are we willing to give someone a decent run in the side though and are you willing to give Puel the benefit of the doubt for sticking to his guns?

There was a lot of moaning when Chilwell was selected ahead of Fuchs especially when he made mistakes earlier in the season and there were calls for Puels head.

Before Gray got injured, he was having a run and he too was being moaned at and more calls for his head.

He is one of the odds on favourite for the sack and you bet that he knows that.

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I was thinking about your point and I didn't think Puel has been making constant changes and I have checked and for our last half 4 Premier League games we have had a settled team and formation.

Keeper was Kasper.

Back 4 were Chilwell/Maguire/Morgan/Amartey - Evans was in for Morgan when he got sent off.

Midfield was Maddison/Ndidi/Mendy/Gray - Perrera replaced Gray when he got injured

Front two were Vardy and Ihneatcho.

We have started the same side in the Premier league for the past 4 games barring injuries and suspension so unless you also want the same side in cup games your point has been checked.

7. Proud Fox

Got no problem with giving the young players a chance. But he knew last season he didnt want Simpson. So why not play Amartey above him then?

He wants to play young players which im 100% behind. Why keep playing Morgan when he is costing us?

Ive never complained about Chilwell being ahead of Fuchs. I think he should be as Fuchs isnt the future here and Chilwell is. But there was times last season where Chilwell needed pulling out the fire for a week or 2

I like Puel’s vision but the constant changes cost us, his subs are baffling at times and why he keeps playing Morgan who is costing us goals and points. This is why he has the fans backs up

8. Proud Fox

He is always making changes. Morgan keep getting sent off and especially Vardy caused selection problems.

The saying is never change a winning team

Beat Wolves 2-0. Drops Evans
    Beat Southampton. Drops Iheanacho to play a winger up front
    Beat Huddersfield. Brings back Morgan who cost us massively at Bournemouth

As I shower earlier no one is getting the change to nail a certain position down. He makes changes at times for changes sake

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He did make a lot of changes in his first 4 game but hasn't in the last 4 as I stated above.

They do say never change a winning team but I argue that his changes improved it - Evans didn't have a good game vs Wolves so no complaints about Morgan returning and after we beat Hudderfield 3-1, we beat Newcastle 2-0 keeping a clean sheet with Morgan playing.

Did you watch the Southampton game? Iheanacho was awful and deserved to be dropped as a #9 - I admit playing Gray was a strange decision but I see the logic we had no one else who could potentially be able to run the defence ragged with Vardy out.

I am not a Puel fanboy or anything but I see what he is trying to do - that we didn't get a ready made CB replacement for Morgan and a proper RB are major faults, there is nothing we can do about that right now and hopefully Soyuncu learning English and the Clyne deal will both happen quickly.

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Amartey was injured the last 3 odd months of the season so Puel was forced to play Simpson.

He plays Morgan because Evans did not take his chances when he got them and Soyuncu needs to learn English.

You might not have complained about Chilwell but a lot of others have - check out our early match threads. Also you said want stability but you want changes here?

You are right about Puel not having the fans support which is why he is one of the favourites to be sacked - fair play to the man for not going off the deep end like Mouriniho and personally I have more respect for him for carrying on.

He still is is really **** at interviews though.

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator