1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Everton

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Demarai Gray and Matty James are injured but other then that everyone else is fit and avalible. So here is what I would go with

Schmeichel

Amartey
    Morgan
    Maguire
    Chilwell

Ricardo
    Ndidi
    Mendy
    Maddison

Iheanacho
    Vardy

Subs- Ward, Evans, Fuchs, Iborra, Albrighton, Ghezzal, Okazaki

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Personally I’d swap Morgan and Chilwell for Evans and Chilwell but I know we won’t. Other than that, same for em

3. leicester_ed

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I agree - stick with the same side for I think the first time this season.

5. leicester_ed

Literally, how good is Harvey Barnes. The English Messi but better?

If Maddison keeps playing in the left, imagine him down the middle behind Vardy and Gray/Albrighton/someone new and better down the right. Match winners everywhere!!

6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

First XI currently pick themselves ... starting to get some good combinations / partnerships going ....

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  7. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

City are unchanged from last week's 2-0 win at @NUFC.

Schmeichel; Amartey, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell; Ndidi, Mendy; Maddison, Iheanacho, Pereira; Vardy.

#lcfc #efc

https://t.co/1wFLZBWgRc

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

1-2 loss - Morgan sent off after a dive by Richarlison and Sigurndson with the goal of the season so far according to BBC.

9. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Ffs Morgan, he has to be done now surely, how could Puel ever justify putting him back in after a second red in how many games? Yes their t**t jumps jump like a f***ing salmon but when your on a booking don’t get sucked in and don’t be so naive!

10. leicester_ed

From the BBC website:

‘Dare I say it, but the centre-back - such a good servant to City - looks like a fading force. Slow and clumsy.’

Spot on?

11. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Wes is now too slow ... hopefully Puel now realises that ...

12. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Worryingly the only team we have beaten in the top half of the table is Wolves, and that was hardly convincing.

And another early goal conceded. We can't keep playing catch-up against teams.

13. Proud Fox

Wes still has a big role to play in the squad. Just not as much in the team. Hence why we paid £40M on 3 new centre halfs. Evans is ready now, Benkovic obviously isnt hence why he is on loan at Celtic and Soyuncu cant speak English so isnt being considered

Either why did we buy him or surely he knows enough English to play a football match by now ffs. We want him to play centre half not do an interview

14. Proud Fox

Im sure Soyuncu was a long term target so surely they knew about this. I said in the summer and stand by now that we should have brought Aleksandar Dragovic

15. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Everyone agrees Wes has now lost that yard of pace. Hopefully doesn't tarnish his fabulous legacy. Thought Iheanacho lacked intent today, Its almost like he is too heavy and cant raise his intensity level. Chilwell outstanding and now one of our main attacking outlets and his defending continues to improve. So close to netting a fabulous goal today.

16. Proud Fox

I love everything Big Wes had done and achieved for us. Phenominal player and captain and club legend. No captain has achieved close to what he has for us. Im not one to scapegoat players. I always see it win as a team lose as a team. But Wes is becoming a liability on the pitch and I dont want him remembered as that

When I was young Paul Dickov was my favourite player. Absolute pest and scored alot of goals. Great player for us

But what I remember of him aswell is him standing around, too slow and not up to it when he returned during League 1.

I dont want Wes remembered as someone who kept costing us in the end. He still has a role to play on the pitch but he should be behind Maguire, Evans and Soyuncu now

17. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Wes is a club legend and his legacy and memory will be untarnished ... as soon as Puel takes him out of the firing line ... he should now be used as a defensive option off the bench because quick (and devious) forwards are only going to expose his slowing down at this level ...

OK Soyuncu may need more acclimatiseation ... but we have Evans and, even more frustratingly Celtic fans are positively raving about Benkovic's performances <doh>

18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Benkovic plays as left CB as well - we are really overloaded there.

Only real replacement we have as a proper right CB is Soyuncu but he hasn't really been impressing in the reserves.

19. Proud Fox

Its not a major difference playing left to right centre back. It takes a few games to understand the postitioning and for it to come natural but after that its the same. Right footed centre halfs normally like playing on the left side

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

If only that was the case then we wouldn't be having any problems.

Did find this though which is interesting - Jonny Evans used to play on the right to Man Utd and believes it is his stronger side. Lets see if he can form a partnership with Maguire https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...playing-right-Manchester-Uniteds-defence.html