1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Sep 13, 2018.

1. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Hes had us transition from a side that could defend, but didn't know what to do with posession, into a side that look far more comfortable on the ball and more creative at the cost of being shakey at the back.

I'd agree with a back 3, as Ricardo seems uninterested in all out defending, but fair do's to him, he looks dangerous when he goes forward.

We need to find a right sided CB, as Evans, Soyuncu and Maguire are all predominantly left sided, which really showed against Wolves when Evans was getting so easily skinned down his right.

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We have a RCB in our team - Amartey who plays there for Ghana...

FYI Soyuncu plays on the right - he did have a bad game in the u23s so might not get called up https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...s/caglar-coyuncu-leicester-city-under-2010343

3. LeicesterWizard

Ah ok, i saw him playing LCB in the u23's, by the sounds of that match report, bring in Knight! <laugh>

Puel sseems to be persisting with Amartey, but don't think he'd have the guts to play him in the centre, though the next game would be the best game for him to get his chance there.

4. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, there were plenty of times when a lineup came out and everything on here was saying "Why!?", "Why aren't we playing XXX?", "I don't understand this lineup at all!"

5. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Under NP though no one ever turned us over. We only ever lost by at most 2 goals

Under Puel was have had some thrasings

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We went 13 games without a win including a 6 match losing streak under Pearson.

I would 100% be in our current situation then that.

JohnTheFox likes this.
  7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I remember saying why is Pearson sticking with Vardy as while that lad is fast, has no end product - we should get rid as he won't amount to anything...

JohnTheFox likes this.
  8. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Last Saturday was only by 2 goals so the only thrashing’s we have had were away at Man City who were on another planet ability wise and Palace that was unacceptable. In the latter stages of Ranieri’s reign we had about 3 or 4 in the last month

9. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Totally different situation. We was new to the Prem then and hadnt spunked millions on the team. And even when we was losing we was in every game

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We were outclassed a lot of times that season - off the top of my head our second game vs Man Utd they wanted to avenge that 5-3 loss and played us off the park and Chelsea smacking us down in the middle of the great escape run.

Either way you are exactly right - this is a totally different situation. Then we accepted that having multiple different lineups with everyone running around aimlessly after the ball was a plan because our expectations were so low. Now we are complaining about a manager being using the same tactics and being boring in interviews. Is progress, kinda...

FosseFilberto likes this.

11. JohnTheFox

Let’s face it, Puel could guide us to say a cup double this season and some would still want him out because he’s boring in interviews and would rather a clown in charge and win nothing.
    I’ve seen saturdays game described as a win win by one person as we either get 3 points or Puel might get sacked. Can’t believe there are ‘fans’ who want us to lose because they just want the manager out. It’s pathetic (and no that’s not about this forum as yes we are having a debate with people seeing both sides but nobody has said anything that stupid)

12. LeicesterWizard

I like what Puels creating, we havn't looked as good on the ball in a while, we needed to replace Mahrez's creativity and we have with everyone contributing, its added more dimensions to our attacking game. i wish he'd try 3 at the back, but if he isnt comfortable coaching it, then its probably for the best.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  13. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... you forgetting the hammering at Chelsea in the cup? ...

We are playing much better football now ... mainly because we have better quality in depth ... this is a transition and we will take some heavy losses ... but the future looks really good ... under NP it was a case of 'do we have enough to survive?' ... the way the squad is now being built it is more 'how high can we finish?'...

14. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Do you remember that forest away we lost under Pearson about 5-1 I think it was? Always a bit of banter when it’s so bad

15. JohnTheFox

NP is still up there as one of the best to manage us. What was more impressive was his building up of the club behind the scenes, something that subsequent managers destroyed (despite amazing success on the pitch) and that is what Puel is building again. Although the style of play is different I don’t find the Puel era so far that different from NP (young inconsistent squad wise) albeit it we are operating at a higher level. For some reason people loved NP but won’t give Puel a chance. Strange

16. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

It's always a case of 'do we have enough to survive' for any newly promoted team. If you do, second season you expect to bring in more quality, build and develop. We did survive but for NP 'Thaigate' happened so he never had the opportunity to attempt the next phase.

After The Season everything became a bit disjointed and messy. It feels almost as though we've had to go back, not exactly to square one but certainly to start the build and develop plan afresh.

The ideal plan is after promotion you move up a step at a time. 14-16th, 10-12th, 7th-10th. Europe placing. We, being us did 20th to 1st. Whilst i wouldn't change THAT season for anything, it did upset our long term equilibrium.

We are in a transition phase and coupled with players returning from the WC in different levels of fitness, new players adapting etc it won't be a quick process this season. I'm still a bit uncertain about Puel but he does seem to have a long term plan and vision. I think that's what the owners want and they see and are willing to expect a few bumps in the road, if it stabilises us and shows potential for the next couple of seasons.

Lcfcfox1 and JohnTheFox like this.