1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Sep 13, 2018.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Kind of like Pearson where he seems to be great at building the club infrastructure up. Almost like he’d make a good director of football or similar. I’m staying patient for a while longer as I like his plan and think we’ll get nowhere by constant chopping and changing. I think the owners are on board with him so can’t see him getting the boot unless things turn really sour

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Pearson got results on the pitch though and you could understand what he was doing in the moment while you cant with Puel

3. JohnTheFox

I was/am a big fan of Pearson but there were times we went months without results under him. Think the vision under Puel is clearer than any managers in the time I can remember (other than Pearson). How anyone could disagree with what he’s trying to do is beyond me. The timeframe of the implementation yes as modern football fans are so impatient but the vision is clear

Libby and Jack Lesterfan like this.
  4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Not in the Premier League where he looked out of his depth 3/4 of the season - he chopped and changed the team many times, attacked opposition players, had a meltdown with the press and got "fired" for a couple of hours before he finally worked things out and then only against teams who had nothing to play for.

5. JohnTheFox

Both Pearson and Puel had/have an off the field vision to make this club stronger even though performances/results might not always be quick to come or consistent on the pitch. Pearson left us on a completely different level to that that he found us and the key was that he was given time and support. Puel took over us when we were a shambles on and off the pitch with the best season we even had turning to crisis and the club on its knees. Those wanting him out, careful what you wish for

BigFox likes this.
  6. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

The difference was I found Pearson so so entertaining, spoke well and even when we lost we always gave 100% on the pitch.

Plus that flurry of press conferences when he’d lost the plot was comedy gold!!

7. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Polar opposites. Pearson was articulate always great to listen to and you knew he would back his players to the hilt. Puel is a painful watch and hard to understand at the best of times. However they both had/have a vision on how to move the club forward. I was chuffed Chilwell got his England cap but on Saturday seemed to be playing way to forward which meant Maguire, Morgan and Parrera were always getting caught short. Bournmouth are a good side who we always struggle against and not much had been said about how good they were and yet we still dominated possession and chances. We are heading in the right direction, but there will be the odd bump in the road.

JohnTheFox likes this.
  8. JohnTheFox

Agree entirely. The transition won’t happen overnight, we need to evolve and are doing so but fans who expect perfection right now will be disappointed and I’m sure some fans on Foxestalk want us to fail just to get rid of Puel as they want an entertaining manager. Back to the Holloway days anyone?

9. Proud Fox

I genuinely believe part of the reason Puel didnt win the Southampton fans along with us over is his press conferences

He talks so quite, cant understand what he is saying and when you can he is full of cliches

Ranieri won everyone over from day 1 purely because of his character. If I had to listen to Puel for an hour I would lose the will to live

10. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Within a minute of listening to him I wonder if the effort of breathing is even too much.

I’m not saying he isn’t doing a decent job, but would I take more entertainment for a slightly worse finish? Honestly yes I would.

I could never understand why Pulis or Alladyce teams wanted them out despite doing a great job... now I do

11. JohnTheFox

Do you mean entertainment on the pitch or the manager? I couldn’t give a **** if the manager is boring in interviews if the team if performing (yeah I know we have a way to go on that at least consistently). The biggest personality we had as manager was Holloway and he was a disaster. Ranieri for one season combined the two which summed up our season, the perfect storm, but that went wrong eventually. I don’t disagree about finishing slightly lower to be entertained on the pitch, this is why I want to see where the current project leads as I was bored of route one bollocks. It was exciting counter attack for that one season but deteriorated badly after. I feel now if we go behind (which is too often) there’s more of a chance we get something back in a game

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  12. Proud Fox

At least with Pulis and Alladyce the players could understand him. I not sure the players do understand Puel. Even if they could. When he talk I switch off and im sure some of the players do

13. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

We do need to evolve and i do think Puel has a vision and a plan, successfully implementing it is a different matter.

I've just given up on listening to Puel's press conferences or interviews :emoticon-0113-sleep

JohnTheFox likes this.
  14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Do you remember Ian Holloway? The guy was probably the most entertaining manager around and got us relegated to League 1 - would you accept that?

JohnTheFox likes this.
  15. Proud Fox

Claudio was more entertaining. Dilly ding dilly dong

16. JohnTheFox

Claudio also lost the dressing room, played **** anti football, was getting beaten every week without scoring prior to leaving and was taking us down (in his second season). But all that’s fine if the manager can have a laugh in a press conference?

17. Proud Fox

Still won the league and won the group in the Champions League

Ranieri is our greatest ever manager. Yes it went abit wrong in the end but no ones achievements come close to his

18. JohnTheFox

It was yes but it’s done now and comparing every future manager against that achievement will forever cause disappointment. He did great that season but it’s not like he had a vision for the future. When he tried to change things the club ended up in crisis. I’m just putting the point across that the most important thing about a manager is not how entertaining he is in a press conference thats all, not disputing Ranieri’s achievements in that one season

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  19. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

I'd rather a tactically aware manager with a vision for the club who delivers entertaining football on the pitch than is funny in a press conference.

Yes, Ranieri managed both for one magical season but the pain of Holloway's reign remains in my mind. Yes, he's quite funny, when he's someone else's manager, not when he's taking your team to league 1.

10 minutes of funny at a press conference is not better than 90 minutes of entertainment and 3 points on a Saturday afternoon.

20. JohnTheFox

Spot on