1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

Haven't a lot of you been calling for him to be dropped recently?

2. Libby

Libby 9-0

That's a bit ****ing far <laugh><doh>

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

That’s deep Ed :shocked:
    It’s not that bad, had we put the chances away today we’d have been right pleased with our start. They put their only chances away, we didn’t put ours away until too late. Another day would have been another story. Puel picked exactly the side most of us would have wanted before the match. So many over reactions over one game, foxes talk is full of f***inf melts

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  4. JohnTheFox

Yep, we thought Evans would replace him, got one game and been dropped since. We have a Young Turk Soyoncu who we expect in the team soon. It seems we are tailor made for 3 at the back with Ricardo and Chilwell as wing backs but he’s persisting with 4. 3 would also allow either Gray and Maddison behind vardy or Maddison behind Vardy and Iheanacho. Seems a no braining to everyone else...

Libby likes this.
  5. Libby

Libby 9-0

Wouldn't surprise me if Evans nailed down his spot now.

John as ever the voice of reason for here... Cheers for that nugget about FT, will take up some time at work tomorrow ;)

6. JohnTheFox

Maguire for all his qualities lacks pace so Morgan isn’t a good partner for him. Neither probably will Evans been, we need the young lad in.
    I just think Puel has never won over many fans and get so many on his case after one game. That game today didn’t warrant being 4-0 down on the balance but **** happens. Most important is the reaction next week.
    Ha it’s worth a read, it’s in crisis right now. It’s why I only read it and don’t post, full of ****ing delicate flowers over on there

7. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah I do the same with SaintsWeb... it's a ****ing embarrasment half the time but good for a meltdown read :)

Must admit it seems like to me that the situation with Claude there is very similar to us, in the sense that a large chunk of fans were underwhelmed by the appointment so won't ever give him a proper chance. When that happens it doesn't take a lot to sway those people, particularly in the modern era of 'now now now'.

Shame really as I think there's a very good coach in there and a decent manager too.

8. JohnTheFox

I reckon the owners will give him time to implement his vision. They have a reputation as trigger happy but they aren’t, if there’s a vision and system in place they’ll stick with it. End of the day, Bournemouth are a good side and it’s not an easy place to go, plus they are our bogey side. I’m confident we’ll bounce back

LeicesterWizard and Libby like this.
  9. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Soyuncu should have Evans and Maguire either side in a 3. Everyone else sees it other then the clown or signed them

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I have a differing view to people here - Maguire had probably his worst game in a blue shirt today and should have been sent off.

Wes was actually decent and he was unlucky to be sent off.

11. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Might as well take up knitting or paper folding if this is an enjoyable as Saturday afternoons now get

12. JohnTheFox

End of the day, before yesterday we had narrowly lost to Man Utd and Liverpool and won the games we expected. Even after yesterday we are only slight below par points wise and not in crisis rooted to the foot of the table like many of our fans seem to think we are. The owners will not sack any manager unless that is the situation as they have proved and maybe not even then if they believe in what they are seeing (Pearson). If we sacked Puel now, we’d be a laughing stock as we would think of any side in our position that sacked their manager. The title winning season has ruined much of our supporter base I swear

Libby likes this.
  13. leicester_ed

It hasn’t ‘ruined’ me but I just find I’ve currently lost all buzz on a match day, particularly away from home

14. JohnTheFox

Not aimed at you Ed, you’re the most positive one on this forum normally, if you have lost the buzz then fair enough, it’s that bloody crisis over on Foxestalk I’m on about. What is it though for you out of interest? (If you can put your finger on it). Is it the style of play or the managers personality? The results are no worse generally that since we’ve been in this league (title season and brief improvement in for under Shakespeare aside). I’m feeling more positive that I have for the entire of the last two seasons as I can see the overhaul in the squad happening which needed doing since the title win but neither Ranieri or Shakespeare had the balls to do it

15. leicester_ed

Tbh, I’m not really sure. I think the fact I think we’re resigned (or more I think we are) to a season on mid table mediocrasy without any chance of a relegation fight or a Europa League push so each individual result doesn’t really matter. And the fact the manager is so so so boring doesn’t help but wouldn’t really matter if the excitement was on the pitch which is dull at times, granted sometimes it’s good. Team for me has a bright future but ultimately right now is pretty average with an excellent striker and centre back and some individual decent players. Away from home I feel we don’t even try and don’t even have a chance of winning. I’m not sure though... I used to get a real buzz on a Saturday and I currently just don’t feel it at all. But if it was just one of those reasons I’d say it’s because we don’t have, in my eyes, a single thing to play for so each individual result is pointless.

Still, I believe

16. Proud Fox

Put it this way. I think 75% of our fans are against Puel. About 50% of that 75% have backed off a little during pre season and the first few games

Im one of them but make no mistake about it. Huddersfield at home next week is massive for Puel. If we dont win that everyone could turn like they did after the Palace and West Ham games last year

17. JohnTheFox

Who would we get instead though? No doubt an out of a job failure from the managerial merry go round. I’d rather have Puel than Pardew!

18. JohnTheFox

I understand, I think I felt like that during Ranieri’s second season when we were beyond hopeless. I think though there’s still plenty to play for. Best of the rest, 7th, cup runs and European qualification is the target. If you’re best of the rest, there’s a good chance to then take advantage of a top 6 struggler if they stumble and finish even higher but 7th is a good achievement. I’d sooner do that playing a young vibrant team than backs against the wall and struggling. It’s obvious we are working towards that and the first bit is already well under way with the young squad. Whether Puel is the man to complete that vision I don’t know but I’d hate to see him binned for someone from the merry go round who’ll take us back to the dark ages. I also think the team are playing for him (they’ve been happy to all sign new contracts with his leadership anyway) which is more than recent managers have had

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  19. southernfox

southernfox Member

Never been a fan of Puel myself!... however I can see somethings he has done to try and improve us like lowering the overhaul age of the squad.

I wish he was a fantastic manager for LCFC sake but it’s only a matter of time I am afraid in IMO that his abilities are shown to be lacking.

20. Proud Fox

I agree. I like his visions and his general idea but he doesnt have a clue how to achieve them