1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Arsenal

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Daniel Amartey is the only player missing and he wont return until next season at the earliest. He has already been ruled out of the african cup of nations which now takes place in the summer. So here is what I would go with

Schmeichel

Ricardo
    Evans
    Maguire
    Chilwell

Ndidi
    Tielemans

Albrighton
    Maddison
    Barnes

Vardy

Subs- Ward, Soyuncu, Fuchs, Mendy, Gray, Ghezzal, Iheanacho

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Agree with that team. We should be putting these away, they are as average as an Arsenal team can be and are crap on the road. Not good enough if we don’t win this

3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Arsenals our bogey team though, couldn't even get a point off them in 15/16 season!

The only time we've beat them recently was when Arsene was going out on his Arsene.

4. JohnTheFox

Bournemouth were as well though until recently. I’m purely looking at the here and now when I say I expect a win. Teams around us like Wolves and Everton are taking points off Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea for a reason as those 3 are flattering to decieve so we need to not treat Arsenal and Chelsea with ‘top 6’ respect as they don’t deserve it right now and if we do we will lose. We need to take it to them, nothing to lose this season anyway but 7th to gain if we can get a couple of wins

Treble likes this.
  5. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Certainly should be more space in their half than against Newcastle who had 10 players in their own box.

Vardys always a good shout for a goal against them, just need to keep them quiet.

6. JohnTheFox

Wolves have beaten them 3-1, if we can’t there is something wrong

7. Proud Fox

Arsenal always turn it on against us. Last season was the first time we have beaten them in god knows how many years

8. JohnTheFox

As I said to Wizard, doesn’t matter about the past, if Everton can beat Man U 4-0 and newly promoted Wolves can beat Man U, Arsenal etc we need to or we will be left behind. Regardless of the past, Arsenal of now are ****e simple as. If we can’t beat them, Man U etc in their current state, we can forget 7th, winning cups, Europe etc

9. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I think you’re being quite harsh on Arsenal... they’re up there above us for a reason...

10. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

The reason is their home record.

11. JohnTheFox

This is what I can find for the ‘away’ league table. They only kept their first away clean sheet a couple of weeks ago (last of the 92 clubs in the top 4 leagues to do so) and it seems most of the away wins were earlier in the season, they are awful away from home. Their defence is awful, midfield meh, yes they have a couple of top strikers that will punish us if we give them the opportunity but they are not Man City or Liverpool. If we lose we have beaten ourselves basically. People seem to be fearing them on past reputation rather than looking at what they are now. With our rivals for where we want to be winning these games with ease, if we want any chance to be anything more than a club happy to hand on to 10th, we should win these games simple. And I don’t usually make bold statements like that

Attached Files:

12. Proud Fox

444C9F8B-B285-4F85-8FC7-8186D9D576BD.jpeg

Lets hope for a few more from Arsenal at the weekend and that decent from us tbf

13. JohnTheFox

Surprised how low down we are in that tbh. I guess it depends what they count. When we lost 1-0 at home to Man Utd, it started with the ball being given away to Pogba who put it over the top. Kasper against Watford away. Chilwell missing the ball for Wolves winner away. Unless I have just listed 3 of the 4 then I’d say we’ve shot ourselves in the foot much more than that...I wonder if it excludes giving away penalties that are subsequently scored as well

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Fwiw Arsenal have not been good away from home this season. Leicester under Rodgers are more than capable of getting a result.

OK as a United fan I have a vested interest in this, but ffs you CAN do this. Batter them! <grr>

15. JohnTheFox

I think our main problem will be that teams like Arsenal and even yourselves can be **** as anything and still find ways to fluke not losing 3 in a row. I think (as you can see above) we should be beating them and not to do so will be poor from us, however I would feel more confident that we would if they had got a result against Wolves!

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I see what you mean. Pressure's on though to reach Top 4 and I think that might make a difference. You might not win but you are good for at least a draw imo.

17. JohnTheFox

I guess the other thing that might work in our favour and when we play Chelsea at home last game (also ****e, they are literally a one man team with Hazard) will be both having EL commitments. You’d know from a couple of years back but where would you focus your energy now if you are those two? Winning the EL and having a trophy and CL qualification has to be a better prize than finishing 3rd/4th (despite what Spurs fans think :bandit:)

18. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Despite being poor away from home this season and having lost the last 2, you can bet it'll be the reincarnation of the invincibles that turn up to play us!

19. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

results today means we have to beat arsenal tomorrow to still be in with a shout for 7th. Feeling curiously confident about this one....

20. JohnTheFox

7th is done now so nothing to play for in these last games now, damage was done in the Newcastle game. Maybe worth playing a couple of kids?
    We really need to be serious about a cup next season if we want to experience Europe again, can’t see us getting it via the league for the foreseeable future