1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team news for Sunday

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dazzar86, Oct 24, 2013.

1. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

He can't handle the physical side of the game, that's the issue. The Cardiff game was a great example, he scored but Bruce was screaming at him every minutes when the balls bounced off him, he can't hold it up. In a game like Spurs we need to be able to hold it up and wait for support. Prossy can't do that. If Prossy is going to get a chance it shouldn't be away to a side like Spurs, he needs a game where we have more of the possession so he isn't needed to hold the ball up as much. He can score but his reputation has got better than longer he is out. He missed a sitter in the cup, and lets be honest that was Huddersfield's reserve side. I also don't think we will go with two up top against Spurs and how can you drop Sagbo after he scored in his first real chance in the Premier League since his sending off.

2. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Prozzy looked very good in the German videos before we bought him, but the one thing that was obvious was the extra space he was given compared to the Championship. I said at the time that he could well struggle when he gets roughed up a bit.
    In the Prem he'll get more space and time, but against better and quicker defenders. No one will know until it happens, but he could surprise a few yet.

3. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Look, it's simply not true about 'having more space', PL defenders are better quality & this idea that Proschwtz might do well in the PL is an urban myth.

I think he deserves a chance to prove everyone wrong, however I wouldn't put much money on it.

4. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

6. Quill

Quill Bastard

7. Quill

Quill Bastard

8. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Did I hear some clown on Blunderside say the front two are Prossy+McLean? Gordon Bennett we're going there bare-arsed.

Might as well put 10 behind the ball from the off and hope for a point.

9. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

10. moonmonkey31

moonmonkey31 New Member

Hi, Everton fan here in peace.

First of all congrats on a good start to the season. You have a solid side which has surprised a lot of us and you probably should have got something last week.

Your defence seems pretty secure, only 1 conceded at home?
    Who do you think will figure long term? Is Rosenior covering for Chester and will Faye keep his place long term? I remember Faye scoring a goal or two in the past...

11. McGregor HU5

McGregor HU5 Well-Known Member

Faye is covering for Chester, but it'll be hard for him to get his place back.

12. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Faye is covering for Chester, who is a class act. Rosenior, who's a solid defender, came in after Elmohamady kept leaving his man at right back, so he got pushed up to the wing. At the same time Robert Koren got injured, so it could be either or both of those reasons behind it, but personally I'd play Rosenior as first choice right back anyway.

Great instant impact by Pienaar, what a run and well taken goal that was. I think we got very lucky actually to come away 2-1, despite not getting over run, Kone had 2 very good chances which both should have hit the net, at this level strikers should bag chances like that every time.

13. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

14. moonmonkey31

moonmonkey31 New Member

I'm a regular on GOT (although I have a different username to the one I randomly chose for here), chico is pretty good at reviews...

Anyway, thoroughly impressed with you lot so far, McGregor and Brady especially and I have a bit of a soft spot for Aluko.

Where do you think you can realistically finish? Top of bottom half or better?

15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't see a top half finish, but we're certainly not bottom three material either.

16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I'd agree with this providing we don't suffer a big collapse at some point like last time. It could easily happen in this league.

17. kccircle

kccircle Well-Known Member

Fear for Boyd if he cannot get a start with that number of injuries

Maybe Brucey should look towards what we are facing and play a left footer for a couple of games on the right side

For me, the defence picks itself.
    Sagbo will start, that leaves the remaining 5. Thudd is nailed on. Perm 4 from Elmo, Meyler, Quinn, Elmo, Boyd, Brady, Aluko (if fit). Also nothing to say he will play two up top.

It's a game Brucey has probably written off when looking at where we will gain points at the start of the season - maybe he will treat it as that and spring a surprise.

Boyd has something. Not sure where he is best suited position-wise though

18. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

It's raining Elmos.

7-20+063.jpg

19. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

I think a couple of our Irish lads are Catholic.

20. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

I thought it was funny.

The opening paragraph says "In a series shamelessly stolen from Deadspin great Drew Magary, Cartilage Free Captain will preview each opponent before we face them and explain to you exactly why they're complete crap and doomed for the drop."

It's meant to be over the top. I thought the Elmo bit was very funny (even more so if you have an outsider's point of view).