1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for Wolves

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Dec 5, 2018.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I'll just leave this here Stan. <whistle>

I'm sure you'll have a myriad of excuses though....

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/pr...tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Basically only the Manchester clubs have outspent us.

In any event, if Pep and Klopp have spent fortunes and still needed time to get their teams playing right, why can't you accept Sarri would need the same time, if not more time (with in your view, limited funds)?

Your logic makes no sense at all.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

And re the 4 players you have mentioned, Zouma is on loan so can't play (and clearly not good enough), RLC played last night and we lost, Christensen played last night and we lost (and has been awful for about a year). Barkley has played loads of games this season.

YOU. ARE. TALKING. ****.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  3. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Putting Stan to one side, I read your thoughts on a re jig and agree completely.
    For about 4 games now we seem to have stopped improving and possibly even gone a bit backwards. My suggestion was to try a couple of personnel changes. I still think Christensen, beside Rudiger for a couple of games would get match fit and hopefully rediscover lost form as his confidence improves. Ditto RLC ( who seems to be doing so) possibly Emerson and Hudson Odoi. Worst case is that at least we would have 4 more players up to speed and raring to go.We would have the ability to use a different set of players to better suit different opponents without having to make 7 or 8 changes. Sarri has started a mini version of that, to his credit.
    Your idea of a formation re jig seems a no brainer. If Kante is supposed to adapt to playing forward, why not Jorghino? He seems better equiped than Kante for that position, and RLC adds some skill and go-forward power. Hazard and Willian are not cutting it at the moment partly because they are playing on scraps.
    Definitely time for a Sarri rethink until he might get the reinforcements he needs to adapt the team in his preferred style.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think my suggestion of a 4231 does the simple thing of giving more licence to the full backs and puts Kante back in his best position. So Kante does more defensive work which is his strength and Alonso particular gets more freedom to support the attacks which has been his strength for us. Also gives Azpi a bit more confidence to get forward as he is naturally quite cautious about over committing and even more so in the current system; where if our press is beat he can be isolated or back tracking fast.

Kante is simply not good enough as a right sided attacking midfielder. So we are effectively losing a man in the attacking phase anyway in the current set up. Obviously he has great ability to press but that is not a good enough reason particularly when against most teams, we'll have the ball most of the time anyway. It's almost to the point now, where you wonder whether Kante can even remain in the team if the system stays as it is, which seems utterly absurd. Kante's best attacking attribute is breaking fast from a deep counter (Much like Ramires used to do). His strength is not receiving the ball in the final third in tight spaces and having to try no make things happen.

Ultimately a lot of problems are solved if we stopped making mistakes and we had a striker who would put away the limited chances given to him. But if you have a player as good as Kante, you have to play to his strengths, surely? Jorginho looks a decent player but not good enough to build a whole team / system around to the expense of all others. Still Kante next to him and I think we'll see the best of both of them.

BobbyD likes this.
  5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Or lets not have a sensible reasoned debate and just repeat the same old nonsense like 'Cescy, no party' or '#sari out'. <laugh>

Bodinki likes this.
  6. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Totally agree about the 4 2 3 1 formation with Kante and Jorg being the 2.This is the formation that could stop City destroying us saturday.
    I like Sarri so far,but will he change it or is he stuck in his ways??,we shall see.One thing i do know is if we get battered saturday the fans
    press and everyone else will be asking questions.