1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Team for West Ham

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Dec 3, 2018.

1. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Stating the obvious, but find a penalty taker asap!

2. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

Ralls shouldn't be anywhere near the first team on current form and he is not and never has been a good penalty taker. I have never been confident when he steps up to take a pen.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

I’ve been saying this for a while; at least 2 others here agree.

4. ninian opinion

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have to agree with this. He has his supporters amongst the fans and fair enough after last season, but he's nowhere near Prem quality.

He had/was having a poor game last night and his frustration tends to bring out silly fouls - hence another yellow card.

I just knew he'd fail to convert that penalty. He lacked confidence in the same way as that Newcastle player (can't remember his name) who failed to beat Etherdige in our first home game. He was never up for it and it showed.

Easy to say now but give the kick to someone who really wanted it - Camarasa was the man and a goal then to go in 1-0 up would have been a huge boost for us rather than them as it turned out.

6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Also should have stuck with 3 CB's - Manga is far better in the middle with someone outside him. If you stick with Bennett on the left as wingback then Hoilett could have switched to the right in the absence of anyone else - he did a decent job against Wolves.

It has to be Gunnar, Arter and Camarasa in the middle - Camarasa is wasted out wide. That leaves 2 up top. Paterson and Murphy for width would have been my choice at the moment, but I must say Kadeem must be a bit miffed at the moment being stuck back on the bench.

7. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I’m surprised Gunnar got star man and Camarasa got a measly 5. I thought Camarsa did quite well given the formation and quality opponents.
    Gunnar was left at a standstill for their 2nd goal and I lost count of his wayward passes, although Ralls did a lot worse.
    There were plenty of times in the first half where I thought we’d go in one up, we got the penalty and I just knew we wouldn’t score from it, not because Ralls took it, just the way the game was going for us.

8. ninian opinion

Not sure it was wise of Victor to ask Ralls if he wanted to take the penalty; it must have cast some doubt in Ralls mind as it was a pitiful penalty.

As to who’ll take the next one is a theoretical question as there’s no guarantee we’ll get another one<whistle>