1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for this Saturday

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by danishqp, Nov 19, 2012.

1. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

Hopefully there will be a new man in place to make the selection. Here would be my choice:

Cesar

'''''''''''''''' Onuoha Hill Nelsen''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Dyer '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Traore

'''''''''''''''''''' Mbia Diakite''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

'''''''''''''''''''''''''' Granero''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

''''''''''''''Mackie

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Taarabt

Spanish style with no recognised striker although maybe Adel will relish this new, higher up the pitch role. Dyer and Traore would have to play the game of their lives as well.

2. elnino37

elnino37 Active Member

GK: Cesar

LB: Fabio (if he can play)/Traore if not.
    RB: Bosingwa
    CB: Nelsen
    CB: Mbia

CDM: Diakite
    CDM: Faurlin
    CM: Granero

CF: Hoilett
    CF: Taarabt
    CF: Mackie

Like when Fulham went to Old Trafford at the start of the year, have the front 3 with all free roles across the front and roaming about, with the remaining players just defending and killing the game. He's quite simply got nothing to lose.

3. SRR

SRR Well-Known Member

Cesar Green

Bosingwa Dyer Onhua Mbia Nelson Ferdinand Hill Fabio Traore

--

--

Got to be worth trying a change of formation to 2-9-0-0. Possibly Ehmer in for Bosingwa though.

4. LoopyR

LoopyR Well-Known Member

ffs Bosingwa!?!, i wonder if the scoreboard at Old Trafford goes into double figures will cause a short which trips the floolights leading to the game to be abandoned...

5. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

2 names I'd leave out are bosingwa and cisse, with fabio and mackie in their places.
    Cesar
    Fabio-Ferdinand-Nelson-hill-traore
    Grenaro-diakite-faulin
    Taraabt-mackie

6. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

Is Mbia still suspended?

7. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Doubt Fabio can play

8. SurreyRanger

SurreyRanger Active Member

Cannot believe ANYONE who was at the last two home games would even cosider Bosingwa. I would prefer F-----G Jude or Spark.

9. Jammers

Jammers Active Member

Cesar

Hill
    Nelson
    Ferdinand

Diakite
    Derry
    Tarrabt
    Granero
    Faurlin

Hoilett
    Mackie

10. LoopyR

LoopyR Well-Known Member

.......................Cesar......................
    ........Onuoha....Nelson....Mbia..........
    ..Dyer..............Diakete..........Traore..
    ................Faulin....Grenaro...............
    ...........Mackie....................Adel........

11. South Africa Road Block F

.............Cesar...............
    Dyer....Hill....Nelson....Traore
    .......Mbia....Diakete....Faurlin..
    ...........Taarabt....Grenaro.......
    ...............Mackie (As Cisse has been ****!)

12. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

Was actually very close to going with that one as well. Says something that after the last 3 transfer windows of mayhem we still would have a large part of the team that got us up in the first place.

13. Congleton_QPR

Congleton_QPR Active Member

Don't think it really matters, and it pains me to say this but we are going to get tonked, the only question is by how many?

This is the fixture I'm looking forward to least this season as round my way everyone is a Utd fan.

Following our pre season acquisitions and the optimism that went with them i made a few bold claims about at least being able to give the big boys a good game this year.

How stupid do I look now??!!

Tin hat is well and truly on standy for the barrage of ridicule I expect to receive this weekend!

14. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

--------Cesar
    Dyer-Nelson-Mbia-Traore
    ----faurlin-diakite
    hoillet-Granero -taraabt
    -------mackie

15. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

I think Cisse is getting unnecessary criticism. He is a striker who thrives on chances, he needs to be given them. There were times on Saturday when he was chasing back over half way line. He's our most natural finisher.

16. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Credit where it's due, Hughes has been quoted in today's paper as saying that he picked the wrong players and that some of them don't have the right attitude. He's got that right, although most of us would have picked the same players imo.
    This could mean we may see Mackie and Derry on Saturday!
    Id pick:
    -----------------------Cesar---------------------
    Dyer------------Nelsen------M'Bia----------Traore
    -----------------Faurlin----Diakite----------------
    Hoilett---------------Granero-------------Taarabt
    --------------------Mackie----------------------

17. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

This for me. Although I do have a little inkling inside of me to start Derry in place of Faurlin or Diakite. I just feel that a little bit more steel and discipline is needed. He can then be replaced if and when his legs go.

18. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

Great minds Col ;)

Someone said traore collapsed to the floor after the final whistle on saturday, so i think he cares. Plus the possibility of him/tarbs resurrecting their partnership Vs Utd is real enough for me to include him in the side. We probably don't want wholesale changes, as it will cause undue disruption.
    Mbia is definitely a "trier" and has seemed to inject vitality into our backline whenever he's played. Dyer must feel he owes something to the club as well, so he'll put in a lot more effort than Bosingwa would. With the positivity of dyer/nelsen/mbia next to him i think we'll see a rejuvinated Traore.

Faurlin needs a run of games in the side i think, and needs to be given assurance by MH that he's still a valued member of the squad. I think his confidence has probably been knocked by being dropped, and he needs time to get up to pace after his layoff. The guy dearly cares about the club, and we need players like that starting given the position we're in. I didn't think he was as bad during the first half as some suggested, and it wasn't all that long ago that he was looking the bees knees Vs Spurs. Imagine the damage it will have done to him having to bust a gut to regain health for this season.....only to be dropped. It doesn't help that he was part of a two man central midfield on saturday, that was probably throwing him in the deep end a bit. We'll see the best of him when both diakite&granero adopt central roles too.

Granero should be given the benefit of the doubt given his past performances, and we should probably put saturday down to him being played out of position. Hoillet and tarbs are still our most dangerous players.

Mackie has earned a starting place, and he's going to contribute more to keeping the heads up of his teammates than Cisse would (which is crucial given they're lacking confidence). Mackie is vocal and a bit of a motivator, i think it's important to have the guy at the front of your formation trying hard, as he's very visible to everyone else, and will hopefully inspire them to do likewise.

Getting rid of ferdinand and cisse will hopefully mean the front (mackie) and the back (nelson&mbia) are composed of players who're going to put a shift in. Having this "spine" of effort to hang our flair wing players on will hopefully bump up their effort levels too.

19. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

There's a lot of truth in this

20. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I think you need to put a mirror to this team. Switch Nelson and Mbia around, and switch Faurlin and Diakite around. Also, I think Hoilett has a better left sided cross than Taarabt so you could switch them as well.

Otherwise I think this is the right choice of players. I wouldn't mind Derry instead of Faurlin though. I think he'd be raring to go and would put some confident energy into the team. Derry seems like a very confident and non-hesitant person. Unfortunately, Faurlin is still a hesitant player. But he's a lot younger than Derry and so I'm sure he'll grow in confidence as he develops his career.