1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for Bournemouth, possibly our only points until seasons' end.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, May 5, 2023.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Based on no players we are going to sell, who would you play??

Kepa
    Chalobah Fofana Silva Chilwell
    Kante Enzo
    Havertz
    Madueka Felix Mudryk

2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

you might find it quite hard to sell your unwanted players as most clubs in europe are skint and never mind transfer fees they would struggle to pay the level of wages your players are on

3. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I’d have Badiashille alongside Fofana/Silva. Gallagher instead of Havertz.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  4. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Id agree with this although those out of the academy will fetch decent fees, mostly down to fitting the homegrown quota. Whilst we won’t get rid of all of Hudson Odoi, Loftus Cheek, Gallagher, Chalobah & Mount they will all fetch decent money just because they’re English.

5. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

it depends on what wage the likes of RCL are on as i cannot see any of the "big" teams being interested in any but Mount and possibly Hudson-Odoi

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Can see there being quite a few goals in this.

Better hope Chelsea have some of them.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

And for once we did !! Still pretty sluggish play from us but a couple of youngsters in Madueka and Gallagher, Mudryk and Badashiel , and Chalobah finally decided that going forward was a better option than backwards !!
    Credit to Frank finally for selecting players with drive and energy. Even Stirling as sub looked as if he'd had an engine transplant.
    Now if he could get someone to attack through the middle and not everything down the sidelines, we might start to resemble a PL team and not a pub team.
    Credit to all, I'm sure they are giving everything, we just need someone to steer the way.

8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Indeed, if Mount is not playing or is having one of his anonymous spells, we do look painfully short of options in the middle of the park.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Read yesterday that Pochettino ( if appointed ) is looking for a striker and a midfielder. Enzo is looking knackered last couple of games, he needs someone to balance the way the mid field works. Gallagher brings energy, but I think he will be sold along with RLC and Zacharia released. Wish we could unearth another De Bruyne or Lampard, imagine either of them with Enzo and Kante !!

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Thats what I was hoping Mount would end up being a couple of years ago when he burst onto the scene.
    He was being held up there with the likes of Foden at one point, but he just doesnt seem to have developed his game.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

I think he could still be a stand out for us if he can get over his contract problems. I understand why he's miffed, all through his good form he was on his 80 gs while Reece James and even CHO got significantly better deals. Now his form is gone he doesn't deserve the 250 he's after, more like 150 - 200. Unless he gets that from another Club, and with Pochettino arriving ( possibly) he would need to think hard about what he does. Hope he stays and recovers, but if not, good luck to him.
    Meanwhile we do need another midfielder !!!

12. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Bod, can we have the other girls back please, no offence intended but it's summer time and a bit hot to be wearing all that gear.

Bodinki likes this.
  13. Chelsea Pensioner

Well we got 1 point from Forest, which is pretty much all we deserved. Frank at least has raised Sterling from the dead to a state of semi awake, and after a dreadful 1st half , he earned some of his bloated salary.
    But boy we make things difficult. No one wants to run except Madueke, we stroll around with 50 passes and go nowhere. Enzo looks more and more wasted trying in vain to get someone to anticipate a pass or run into space. Can't believe talented players seem to be clueless about movement and off the ball running. Chalobah had a very good game again, pipped Badashiel, and again looks better than Fofana ( when he last played) to me. Lewis Hall is a real talent, looks right at home despite his young age.
    Is this our last point for the season?? Hope not but we need to be much better to get another one in our last few games.