1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Taxi for Steve Bruce?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Plum, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

FFS one nil to you. As I said, from memory, and adding the Inter Cities Fairs Cup was a mickey mouse cup for cities that had held the European event, not qualified for anything, and my point was that is about all Newcastle have ever won, but their fans think they have some devine right to be win everything, every year.
    And they were in it by default but because other clubs that finished above them in the league qualified for far more serious competitions.
    I never mentioned Hull City but seeing as you have, we qualified for the Europa Cup by reaching the FA Cup Final, don't recall any other teams except Arsenal ( and they only won as many as us) who won more games then us to be in that final, do you ?

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Exactly can’t have an old dinosaur like Stan ternent going on a hunch can we and getting players like Andy Robertson or brucey himself signing Sam clucas after seeing him play! we need a computer and stats to look At and analyse.

3. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

The Inter Cities Fair Cup had gone by this time. There were only about 3 seasons it was played on that basis of cities with a trade fair. Technically the first British team to reach a final was London, a combined side. They drew with Barcelona at home and in the return were missing Greaves and a few others because of fixture clashes and got walloped 6-0.
    As I said theybdidn't qualify due to a default but a unique set of circumstances. If Man Utd hadn't become the first English club to win the European Cup the season before they wouldn't have qualified. If Leeds hadn't become the first English club to win the Fairs Cup the season before they wouldn't have qualified. Then there was the only 1 team from a city rule which took it further down. It happened a few times but Newcastle were the lowest ones to qualify.
    City also qualified because of a set of circumstances. If we had lost the final to a club not in Europe we would not have qualified. In fact we wouldn't have qualified if it happened now because UEFA altered the rules and said beaten finalists could not qualify in future.

4. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

He fulfilled his dream twice with us.

5. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

According to the press he's got a new coaching team so it looks like he's in for the season at least. Good luck SB.

6. Jackthecap

Jackthecap Well-Known Member

Taxi? Send a horse and cart. He can tow the cart home.

7. Ullofaman

Ullofaman Well-Known Member

Discard my remark

8. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

9. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

NOT BAD FOR A WASHED-UP BOSS

Newcastle beat Southampton with nine men on Saturday, not that you would know this from some of the reports and reaction.

They lost key players Callum Wilson, Javier Manquillo and Allan Saint-Maximin, and had Jeff Hendrick dismissed, before Fabian Schar went off on a stretcher with all substitutes used. He is out for the season. Down to nine, with 25 minutes remaining, it was one of the gutsiest performances by any team in this campaign.

please log in to view this image

Steve Bruce's Newcastle beat Southampton with nine men, but you wouldn't have known judging by the reaction
    Indeed one wonders who could possibly have inspired it, bearing in mind the manager is that stale, dull, tactical illiterate Steve Bruce.

Must have been Graeme Jones again. Quite the influence he is having.

10. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I read quite a bit of this, but the whole Leeds love in got a bit sickening. Not the fact it’s Leeds, last season it was Sheff Utd who did very well, punched much higher than Leeds, got the credit & look at them this season.
    For me Burnley have done a much better job than both of them. We did great in the first half of our first season, a lot of people said we shouldn’t be there, eventually we showed why.
    Steve Bruce just does his job, yes he spends money, probably should be doing better with the players he has, but, he does enough in modern football. He’s not going to take Newcastle into Europe, I doubt anyone can, without them getting their own oil genie to fund a manager, not SB. They would need a World Class manager who could attract World Class players, they’d have to be given more than a few years to get rid & bring in players. It really annoys me when, in just about every article, it goes on about fans wanting Ashley to spend money, I don’t know the exact amount, but every close season they seem to spend millions.
    Newcastle fans need to remember what happened to Sun’lan when SB got them to a top 10 finish & they fired him, they still haven’t recovered.

11. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Lose tomorrow! Terry McCann could be the driver.

12. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

OK, I'll ask, seeing as no one else has.

What?

Mr Hatem likes this.
  13. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I wonder when Steve Bruce retires, he will look back on a career whereby the club who's fans appreciate him the most, on the whole, was Hull City? I know even here he had his critics, but for the most part, he was appreciated.

14. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

"In Bruce We Trusted". in-bruce-we-trust-banner-hull-city-fc-v-burnley-fc-hull-city-fc-v-J4D3WD.jpg

15. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

As a manager, you'd be right John. As a player It'll be Manchester United.

Certainly not England, though it wasn't England fans who didn't want him, so...

16. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 10.49.10.png

Newcastle are away to Man U. today.

17. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

Baldrick's Cunning Plan Well-Known Member

A practice run before his next relegation interview in 3 months time. I wish he was still here though...

18. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

They were idiots then, in hindsight they were complete and utter ****s.

19. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

Baldrick's Cunning Plan Well-Known Member

20. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56276878

Newcastle midfielder Matt Ritchie has apologised for a training ground bust-up with head coach Steve Bruce.

The 31-year-old was involved in an angry exchange with Bruce earlier this week.

Ritchie was frustrated with Bruce's post-match comments following Saturday's 1-1 draw with Wolves.

Bruce suggested substitute Ritchie had not passed on information from the touchline seconds before the visitors scored their equaliser.

The club have not commented on the incident, but BBC Sport understands Ritchie has apologised for what he said and that the matter is now considered closed.