1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Targets

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Dec 13, 2016.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I've got no probs spending 8 million on each of a few players , but not to a midfielder and certainly not for Carroll . Levy we be having a laugh if we bite IMO .

Turkish likes this.
  2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

TC has signed! Sure to please some, not a bad player, maybe a cheap Joe Allen, Jinx still in control of the transfers.............<laugh>

3. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Where did you see that Phil?

5. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I think he means that Top Cat has signed his autograph book. <laugh>

6. Taffvalerowdy

He's lucky it's not Officer Dibble....

DragonPhilljack and LIBERTARIAN like this.
  7. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

All the rumours are saying £8m for Carroll yet we wouldn't pay the extra £2m for Joe. I don't get this transfer at this price?

8. Taffvalerowdy

Agreed - but don't mention Joe Allen when 55 is around.... <laugh>

9. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Well they tried skimping yet again, which now results in panic buying.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  10. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

He's agreed terms, though jinx is doing his tight arse bit again, should hear officially over the weekend, but then the turnip Jinx is in control, so anything could happen in the final hurdle, TC is seen by the club as the best we can get to Joe Allen debacle, not the midfield general we are desperate for, but he is a competent passer of the ball, and playing far better than when he was on loan with us 2 years ago..................<ok>

11. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

If only we could have kept Chinaglia <cheers>

12. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I hope we do get to tight on this and he doesn't sign, yet another championship standard player to be signed for over inflated price, brings absolutely nothing to our squad we don't already have and certainly no improvement on what we have. I am even more convinced we are preparing for the Championship.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  13. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

I don't think any club is "preparing for the Championship". Perhaps if we had 2 points at this stage then you could argue the case for throwing in the towel, but the reality is we are only 1 point off 17th place. Therefore, I prefer to think we are desperately trying to stay in the Premier League. I can see Middlesbrough coming backwards and maybe even Watford over a longer period, so there's still everything to play for.

With regard to Tom Carroll I would agree that we would be better off getting the centre-backs in than splashing out on (another) lightweight midfield player.

14. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Tom Carroll at the 'right price' could be an asset, he's a good technical footballer. Think he's better than 'Championship' standard. Maybe not exactly what we need right now, but if we stay up, he could well develop into a 'Swans' type player. I go along with a few on here, that we have desperately needed a midfield 'general' for what seems like an eternity. Someone with leadership qualities, bite, tenacity & no less football brain. A premier league Bodde if you like, would be nice...

But if he does come & to me, at a few million cost at the most, maybe Makele can 'toughen' him up a bit...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  15. trundles left foot

I just cant agree, we are in the bottom 3, I don't see him better than either, Siggy, Fer, Cork, Ki, Britton or Fulton, so why do we need him. He is so lightweight and flimsy his signing serves no purpose, it is just flushing money down the toilet as we have done over the last few transfer windows. I don't get this the right price when we don't actually need him and he doesn't improve our squad or starting 11. The guy is 24 and 25 in May, yet he is still struggling to get 1st team football and we talk about him developing. This signing at no matter what price is a complete waste of money and makes no sense, when we are desperate at the back and need to be signing 1 or 2 quality centre backs. Why waste money on a player and a position that we have plenty of cover.

seabreeze and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  16. When Swans are flying

For the record, I commented he 'could' be an asset!!

My post was just as a reaction to the supposed vibes that he has agreed terms & therefore not far off being our player. I didn't say I wanted him, just trying to make a reason for having him...

As I alluded, I want a sort of midfield dynamo, beast, enforcer, whatever & so by those facts, you can probably see TC does not fit the bill!!

We do need strengthening in many areas, of course, but my thoughts were solely about Tom Carroll, I can't make the club sign 'x' player as much as you or any other fan can't...

17. trundles left foot

So what is the right price then.

18. When Swans are flying

Maybe £2.5 - 3 million tops mate..

19. trundles left foot

I know this may go round in circles, but would you see that as 2.5 -3m wasted when we really do need to strengthen elsewhere. I probably could have got it at the start of the season, even though I think he is a very average player. Now I see it as money flushed down the toilet. But, if the manager thinks he is an improvement then who are we to argue I suppose. I really hope we don't pay the reported figure of 8m.

20. When Swans are flying

I suppose it's only a waste if the right amount of money for the right type of players' in the right areas is not spent too. Wouldn't want to spend that on TC & it's 'saved' somewhere else!! Depends on how much the owners want to spend. I could possibly see someone like him developing with us, Clement's coaching & Makeke's vast experience could be invaluable, especially if his stay (Claude) is prolonged...

But if it's £8m, I think we've totally lost reality...