1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Targets

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Dec 13, 2016.

1. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I agree but if we are signing someone I would kind of like them to be an improvement on what we have, just seems a complete waste of money. The guy cant defend.

2. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I'm not disagreeing with you,tlf, but the fans' scream for new players, and who the hell in their right mind is going to come here that's any good. It is what it is, and we are where we are. Sad,eh ?

3. trundles left foot

Then Lib to be honest I would rather not sign anyone and save the money for building a side in the championship rather than waste it on players who are not going to help us In anyway to try and avoid relegation. Just a complete waste of money.

4. LIBERTARIAN

I fully concur.

We've thrown so much money away, on poor signings, sacked managerial payouts, etc.

It's breathtaking that so much profligacy has taken place.

5. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Per the BBC

Swansea City are close to completing the signing of PSV Eindhoven winger Luciano Narsingh.

The 26-year-old former Heerenveen midfielder has won 16 caps for the Netherlands, scoring four goals.

He would be Paul Clement's first signing as Swansea head coach since his appointment, having been a target for former manager Bob Bradley.

Narsingh has scored two goals in 20 appearances for PSV this season, with the club third in the Eredivise table.

His current contract with PSV expires at the end of the season, so the Dutch side are thought to be willing to sell the former Ajax player for a reduced fee of around £4m.

6. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I know nothing about him tlf, is he really that bad? We seem to be ready to offer Norwich £5m for him

7. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

You naughty boy <laugh>

LIBERTARIAN likes this.
  8. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

40 international caps for Sweden suggests he can't be that bad...

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  9. trundles left foot

For me it is us being lazy, we looked at him before and easy to do it again. Whilst I feel he is better than Tabanou was, don't think he is better than Kinsley and even maybe Taylor. he does start regularly for Norwich, but he is a modern fullback in that from what I have seen not bad going forward but not the best defensively. Personally I think it is 5m thrown away as he doesn't improve the starting 11, saying that he wont make it any worse, but what is the point of spending 5m on someone who is no better than what we have.

10. trundles left foot

Neil Taylor has 37 caps for wales, doesn't make him good.

ValleyGraduate12, Stereo and Turkish like this.

11. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

Who is the current U23 left back? Excluding Kingsley

12. trundles left foot

I don't know mate, But I was told about Olsson last week, I posted it on here, I was also told at the same time that Clement doesn't rate Kingsley.

13. trundles left foot

14. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Tyler Reid had a good game for the under 21,s lat night but I think he's a right back. Narsingh having medical and due to sign in next 48 hours according to reports.

swan_and_only and Stumpy like this.
  15. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Could be an inspirational signing, he'll have instant respect from the players, something recent coaches, other than Curt, have not had. If he's half as good a coach as he was a player he'll be great for us.

16. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Fer has done fantastic , his passing % is equal to Joe Allen , his aerial prowess is superior to most , he has more goals than Siggy and Fer is playing in various positions . Siggy's goals and assists come from taking corners , set pieces and penalties . If Fer ever gets hold of Siggy's position if Siggy goes , I think he will do a superb job . When you guys run Fer down you have no ammo just talk , when I talk Fer up , I do ....stats . Fer is 4.5 million of pure value and like I've said before , I worry far more about Llorente leaving than Siggy ..... for more than one reason

17. LIBERTARIAN

Mr. Incorrigible, that's me.

Good looking too, or so I'm told, but in a gruesome sort of way. <laugh>

18. LIBERTARIAN

I see both sides of the Fer argument.

Sigurdsson is a far better player overall, and I would take him in preference to Fer.

However, roof is clearly a big fan of Fer's, and I can see where he is coming from, and respect his viewpoint, which he has maintained under severe criticism.
    He exhibits tremendous loyalty towards Fer, and that's a trait I greatly admire - in anyone. <ok>

swan_and_only likes this.
  19. trundles left foot

20. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Fer has been important to us in the roles he's been asked to play but he's never struck me as being 'fantastic' in any of them. I get Roofs point though, Fer has done well for us and over-all has been a key player so far. He certainly has been very good in some games, ok in most but, here's the rub, he's also been pretty invisible in a few too.

The success of most teams to a large extent depends on the ability and application of their AM. Their's no doubting Fers ability but he has lacked in his application in losing focus and giving the ball away too often to be considered as an out and out AM imo.

An AM is like a #10 in rugby or a QB in the CFL where a team attacks through them. A good AMs pulls the strings in attack and directs the game and its tempo. Fer may be adequate as an AM but his lack of consistency marks him as 'ok' in that position and little more, imo. Fer fades to often for my liking and just isn't consistent enough to take Siggy's spot but, if Siggy did leave us then the job is his I imagine, simply because he can be good there, he can pick a pass but also he can lose focus and give the ball away too.

If I had to chose between Fer and Siggy at AM then I'd chose the reliable, inspirational, workhorse that is Siggy every game although I appreciate Fer too, he is responsible for many of our points so its nice to have both Siggy and Fer around.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017