1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Takeover

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gioblues, Dec 23, 2022.

1. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

We have a new chairman. Takeover is complete

Attached Files:

The Gills PegLeg, brb and alwaysright like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

alwaysright and gioblues like this.
  3. gioblues

Nice welcome from them.
    Hopefully they will bring funds and success to club
    As long as it's football not soccer :emoticon-0105-wink:

brb likes this.
  4. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

Time wil tell

5. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Even soccer's better than hoofball..............

6. gioblues

Well the Galinsons have definitely got there money out. 4 new players plus return of Morris. Aswell as Hessy and Jacket on board. Great first game by the new players. Must of spent around 300k so far in transfer fees alone. Very happy but is it sustainable beyond this window.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

I was strangely thinking about this yesterday - it's of course sensible to remember that Mr Garlinson is first and foremost a businessman, so it's not like you or me investing in the club, he will over the course of time, expect a return for his money, and naturally expect to make a profit, just as any business does.

At the moment, I can't see at our current level where the profit will come from. He has a football ground that is prime for housing development, but not being a developer myself, advise would be welcome here, would it really make enough money in return for a new build stadium? Now I can see how probably the housing development return, could be kept as a seperate entity from a new build stadium, but you would still need security for the new stadia.

I assume, and that's all I can do, that original stadium plans are still available, but did we ever get permission to go ahead with that, and if so, how long does any planning permission last?

Maybe he might just finally build the BMS, but how much will that cost!?

So many questions, would an American developer think of linking up with another football team, this is all just random, but someone like Ebbsfleet, on a groundshare basis, and how would fans feel about something like that. Not happy, I would have a guess, but in todays game, it might make more financial sense than we realise. Especially as I believe Ebbsfleet are also in search of a new ground.

I suppose the main question I'm asking myself, how are we going to continually sustain transfer fees and wages, on a ground that currently (with restrictions) can hold no more than 9,000, with discounted tickets and season tickets, you would need to be filling the ground every game, to make it worth Brad's energy, expertise and financial gain.

I haven't forgotten the corporate and marketing side, ie merchandice, food etc, it's just my brain is hurting now lol.

The questions are just endless, along with all the random ones I've asked above, the primary question being how do we sustain a profit, to keep our American owner happy - afterall he may be a millionaire but even his pockets can only go so deep.

Think Man City and Newcastle, you need to be billionaires these days!

Discuss...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  8. gioblues

Galinson being a property developer, I thought maybe he would want to build a new stadium with extras around it. Don't think Priestfield is worth the hassle for him to come over.
    Hopefully he is looking what Bournemouth and Brentford achieved and thinks Gillingham can do same. But there is a downside, if it doesn't work don't think he will stay long in the hot seat and we could be another Bury and now Scunthorpe.
    Praying he is in it for the first 2 options

alwaysright likes this.