1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Takeover (Covid-19/20)

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by RobEllious, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

According to George Caulkin, Staveley has been fielding questions all week about piracy. I don't doubt him, or his sources. I do doubt what the **** the Premier League or doing. The most probably outcome for me is this failing and me giving up, finally.

2. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

I think they have probably been told the outcome already.

3. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

if they want to fail it they just need to establish some misleading information and they can do that by setting traps based on the evidence they've received from the WTO report and BEIN etc.. I think if they wanted to pass this takeover it would have been done by now. The time taken is them doing everything that can to try and fail it.

magpie290761 likes this.
  4. Sheikh_of_Araby

If they misinterpret the law they will face significant legal action. Make no mistake - If Staveley, PIF and Reubens were to take legal action they could bankrupt the PL.

Schlem Boogerman likes this.
  5. Dr Van Helsing

unless they have found something that allows them to legally fail it

6. Sheikh_of_Araby

Only two things can legally fail it;

Dishonesty
    Conduct that amounts to an offence in the UK

Highly highly unlikely given who is involved. If the PL were to insinuate either of those they would face action for defamation.

7. Roland Deschain

So much is 'possible' - they could have been told, and this may be related to the overseas TV rights which will be up for review from December or so. But it might not - it might be trying to appease Sir Alex Ferguson, for all we know.

The PL is simply the capitalist interest (sponsorship/tv rights) of a collection of clubs. It's not really as important as Richard Masters seems to make out.

There is an O&D test, of course, and NO club wanted to put stringent rules in place because all of them want to be bought by Saudi. The issue is Saudi have picked NUFC - as a result, 19 clubs are now against it. I firmly suspect that if PIF were talking to Chelsea, Spurs, Man U - the established "big 6" - this would be passed, because it doesn't really affect anything.

8. Dr Van Helsing

dishonesty could be the one then ... like I say if something new was found and they set a few traps or found misleading information it's over

9. Sheikh_of_Araby

I wouldn't want to be the person to tell the Saudi's if it hypothetically failed.

Being the richest club in the world dc oesnt as it easily with the dominant clubs.

10. Sheikh_of_Araby

Given the reputations of those involved, dishonesty is very unlikely.

11. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

I love the **** that keys gets on twitter like....its comedy gold. He leaves himself wide open every time.....bit like his daughters mate!!

Screenshot_20200604-121744_Twitter.jpg

12. Dr Van Helsing

I'm perhaps a bit OTT today , but I think it's getting to a time where people need to consider and prepare for the worst.

13. Dr Van Helsing

There's irony in this because it's the idiots poking that snake with a stick for years that have lead to this... they opened us up to him. ... if they'd STFU a few years ago he's have got bored.

Sheikh_of_Araby and Flash like this.
  14. Roland Deschain

I'll be in that place if there's no movement by Friday night. 9 weeks takes the piss. So'ton took 4 months, but their buyer actually had a criminal conviction. Man City's takeover took, what, 4 weeks or less?

Sheikh_of_Araby and Munson. like this.
  15. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

I am on the fence at this point.

On one hand I feel that it has in fact failed and that MA/PIF are trying to get around the issue etc hence the lack of communication. Or to try and meet additional criteria the PL have asked for.

Having said that if this is the case then I am pretty sure it would have been leaked by some one by now. Especially given that Bein are invested in it I am sure that if they got a wiff of anything then they would be shouting from the roof tops.

I think honestly we are at the point where for each day that goes by a lot of NUFC fans are losing interest, will hate Ashley even more even though it is probably not his fault this time, and may walk away from the club.

If it drags on and then failed this is IMO really bad news for NUFC for a whole **** load of reasons!

16. Sheikh_of_Araby

I'm starting to get irritated myself.

17. Dr Van Helsing

any takeover would have done , but the magnitude of this one will make any old chancer coming in feel like a **** shag.[/QUOTE]

18. Roland Deschain

I'm infuriated. I honestly believe there's a deeper conspiracy at the Premier League. Look at UEFA, FIFA, etc. - any 'self regulating' body is rife with corruption. There will be all manner of dodgy conversations going on, led by the likes of Man City and Man U, fearful of the impact on CL places. THAT is what's holding it up. The piracy stuff is a smokescreen. The PL are weighing up the implications of passing it (which they legally should) vs rejecting it (at the request of their biggest member clubs).

19. Sheikh_of_Araby

The PL are a joke. They were likely furious when Leicester won the title.

20. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

I think there is a bit of everything in this isn't there. Every man and his dog probably does not want it to go through other than us NUFC fans.

Even though I initially thought that the PL would love to have PIF under there grotty fingers to ooze money to them. Thinking it is now clear that the baggage outweighs the coinage!