1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

tackle

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by pauljohnhutch, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...And Out Come the Wolve

That's a bit negative about your recent purchase.

2. ...And Out Come the Wolve

Massive flop the PL proven Djib is turning out to be.

3. pauljohnhutch

pauljohnhutch Well-Known Member

maybe lackof a tackle should be looked at i know whose balls id like to cut off! cheat:bandit:

4. I'm With Colo

I'm With Colo Active Member

I think you're overestimating a person's ability to curb their behaviour. Fact is, in heat of the moment situations like that, people will react however they naturally will. That was a split second reaction by Yohan because he's a naturally competitive and combative player, and if you think a suspension will stop him from lashing out in a similar situation, I think you're giving him (and all other athletes with a tendency to react like that) too much credit.
    My previous message was probably misleading, I'm just doubtful players truly learn from these disciplinary measures after this kind of offence - so I meant the likelihood of him doing that kind of thing again probably won't change regardless of whether he was banned or not.

EDIT: Doesn't mean I don't think they should discipline them - I just don't think anyone here should encourage him serving time in the stands thinking he'll come back a changed player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.