1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sydney v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by chelsea - over 100 years of history, Jun 2, 2015.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Currently 1-0 to us via a Remy goal.

I notice Sydney has a player called Faty playing for them. Has Shaw been transferred out of United already?

<laugh>

2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

3. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Jose had some harsh words for Loftus Cheek after the game. Didn't see it but he wasn't impressed with the work rate and was subbed after half hour.

4. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

Interesting to see how it works out now.

I remember he tore joey cole a new one over a similar issue, he then kicked on to be world class.

Hopefully rlc notices jose only does this to the good uns and follows the example

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Anyone know the attendance?

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Lotus Cheek was injured during the warm up, and it was a surprise he came on at all.
    Good entertaining game, for a friendly.
    Chelsea looked to be running along at half pace and did try to entertain with some really good slick attacks. Sydney were obviously up for it and actually played pretty well themselves. As the match wore on, Sydney were creating most of the chances and their midfielder Terry Antonis was for me, close to the best on show. Of the youngsters, no one really shone. Ake had a tough time playing out of position at left back and Dave was embarrassed a couple of times early on. However he soon realised he was in a game and stepped it up, as did Ake. Ivan made a fabulous last ditch save and JT played really well, especially going forward he showed surprising ( to me) passing ability. Hazard ran around like a demented demon and put on a great and well appreciated show , Costa strangely, got MOM and did do a couple of really classy moves, but Matic for me was like a beacon , what a player, he drove everything.
    Sydney would be capable of a top 10 Championship position in my humble position, and have a couple of very capable young kids, but as expected, just lack the class to match it with PL Clubs.
    So well done to Chelsea. They came a long way and delighted thousands of local fans. The interest in the match was immense and will be a huge step in promoting the world game in OZ. My son was at the game, back in Sydney after 7 years in London. At half time he sent a great SMS," surrounded by 80,000 odd screaming Chelsea fans, in a sea of Blue, who don't know the songs" Chelsea have really put themselves on the map down under and I think were surprised at the strength of the fan base they have here. Great night for all.

StanDMan likes this.
  7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Cheers CP <ok>