1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea Vs Philadelphia Union

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swan_and_only, Jul 15, 2017.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Need a No 10, Striker, and RB, before the start of the season, our players were going through a training session by what I saw, gave up at half time and went to bed, this was interesting though?

Ah bless her!..................<laugh>

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  2. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Arriving in USA today, apparently.

Stumpy likes this.
  3. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Cringe worthy stuff. Where was Tom Jones ? <laugh>

4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

(In) Lincoln?

Stumpy likes this.
  5. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

According to Clement's after match interview joining up with the squad today.

Stumpy likes this.
  6. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Was tempted to watch it from a very hot Crete but at 2 in the morning I settled for my beauty sleep :emoticon-0100-smile plus the wife would have been that keen!
    Watched the brief highlights today. You cant really judge anything much from these early games where the whole side is swapped around. PC seems keen on getting fitness levels up with twice a day training sessions which is good. Our US opponents are well into their season so a good test for us fitness wise. The next few games where players get an hour plus will be more informative. Anyways its almost 4pm here and time for a swim and a beer - cheers you all <cheers>

7. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

First half team I thought were fine. I know its only a pre season friendly but I was happy with Barrtley, looked comfortable and has a bit of an edge about him thought he and Mawson, who read every move and looked so solid, played well together. Olsson was off the pace, Roque looked sluggish as did both Fer and Narsingh but I saw enough in all to put it down to the Sangria swilling around their bellies after their holidays.

Pluses, Ayew looked good, Carroll looked industrious and, as I've said, Bartley and Mawson looked good together.

Second half team only Kingsley, maybe Fulton shone through imo but as a team we looked a little lost. VDH looked ok, just about, Rangel tried but was heavy legged, Britton same imo. What was disappointing in the second half was how shy we were in front of goal. We should have scored at least 2 but were just far too timid in their area.

Second half pluses were overshadowed by negatives for me. Fernandez was his usual ponderous, slow, woeful self. Grimes, Monterro, Barrow or McBernie failed to impress and none will even get a sniff of the bench if their performances yesterday were anything to go on.

So first half we were OK, second half we were timid and ineffective and we drew a game we should have easily won by 2-3 goals. All part of the waking up process I hope but there was certainly a hole where Siggy should be.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  8. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

And that's the big issue with our squad. Those you mention along with VDH need to be sold and replaced with better quality. They're not good enough for us.

9. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Too right Valley and we need another RB and a Striker too <ok>

10. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

lets remember this is our 2nd game of pre seasons, results don't matter, improvement game on game does. I still believe that what we have seen on the pitch, many will no longer be here nd new faces will arrive. PC is just having a look at how they are shaping up and really wont care about the results as long as by first game of the season they are fit he has his starting 11 known to him and we get off to a good start. Yes would be nice to win every preseason game by 4 or 5, but it means nothing. When we get to play Sampdoria at home in our final pre season game, if they still looked heavy legged and off the pace then is time to worry. but for now, it means nothing.

Hvent sen any of the game, stumpy who was up top second half, was it Mcburnie. That boy needs to go to a championship side and get some game time for me so we can see if he will progress into a PL player.

11. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Yes, it was McBernie TLF, he tried but was very lightweight for me, lacking that ruthless streak in front of goal. Totally agree, he needs to go out on loan to get that cutting edge he's lacking.

I thought we did ok, especially in the first half but some of the second half team were lacking, they just didn't come over as strong enough. Not just McBernie but Grimes, Monterro and Barrow were all light on the ball.

12. Taffvalerowdy

He had a glorious opportunity in the second half but failed to take advantage

Stumpy likes this.
  13. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

He had a couple of chances Taff but didn't even get a shot off on goal. He needs to go out on loan to gain some experience

14. Taffvalerowdy

Agreed - I watched all the second half.

trundles left foot likes this.
  15. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I disagree with you about Fernandez being slow and ponderous. I go to all the home games and also watch the televised matches and I don't think he is slow ,or ponderous and puts in a lot of vital blocks. .My one problem with him is he is prone to the odd bad pass but so are a lot of others.

seabreeze likes this.
  16. Taffvalerowdy

I'm in your camp re Fernandez.

VDH looked off the pace to me last night - not Fernandez.

17. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I would get rid of them all, thought it would have been a big season last year Grimes going to leeds, but he failed there spectacularly. I would also get rid of VDH, just get what we can for them. their time is done with us.

18. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

19. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

What the hell has that got to do with this season 7 years ago....? It is irrelevant and only today counts and after our shocking defense last season then it is most relevant how the defense played and they were poor that premiership teams can look forward to having a field day against us again if we dont bring in a few quality defenders....

20. Taffvalerowdy

Your response indicates quite clearly that you have no understanding and appreciation of Professional Sport.