1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 15, 2022.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Down the Swanee

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. I just didn't get your earlier comment about him being asked to do something he can't. And fwiw I don't agree with your answer, he's primarily asked to be a solid CB and to pass to team mates (or hoof if not possible). He hasn't been doing the basics, simple as.TWT if it's a temporary loss of form or if he's not good enough (although hopefully we have to wait a while to see, as S McL should be starting ahead of him).

WSTiger likes this.
  2. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Ffs<laugh>

3. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Would we still take Oscar and Tetteh over Eaves and Magennis?

Would we still take Pelkas, Tufan, M'hand, Traore (eventually) over being lost if Honeyman isn't playing?

I think they can justify letting Eaves and Honeyman go as they've invested in what they believe to be better.

There has been absolutely no consideration towards a need for a destroyer; a ball-winner, physical presence and nousy ****house who can break up play and leave a foot in to make them think twice.

4. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I keep saying it but I really hope we shove Coyle there. He's got everything he needs to be successful in that role.

He's good in the tackle, good engine, not slow and technically good enough too (as long as there's a technician alongside him)

And I don't like to see local lads constantly criticised

5. Shark Sports

For what it's worth I think they did want one. We had a go for the Turk who went back to West Brom, the lad from Venezia and Youssouf Ndayishimiye too.

I think we just couldn't get one in so panicked and went for Simons

6. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I agree but it’s undeniable Grant had a better relationship with the players last season than Shota does now.

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  7. Mckechnie Orange

It's also undeniable that we haven't been beaten 8-0 yet under Shota.

Jackthecap likes this.
  8. Mckechnie Orange

Yeah, but instead of recruiting 3 no 10s to replace George ( Ozan naturally is deeper) and no senior nasty bastard - just a kid who's never played mens football as 'enforcer' to fill Ritchies shoes reeks of short sightedness from whoever is doing the recruitment.

Woods is vocal, he has a tackle and can pass but can't run and isn't that imposing. Maybe a balance can be found if we get a proper blend rather just assume Seri, Tufan, Pelkas are going to play regardless.

But then how much of that is down to the gaffer? Who even is the gaffer?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  9. NewcastleTiger

We can dream!

10. Shark Sports

I've been disappointed with Woods, his lack of legs is startling. It's actually pretty funny but most of the domestic signings haven't really done anything and I am starting to look at it and wish we just signed everyone from abroad. The value for money from Turkey is pretty good from what we've seen so far

11. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Back to Huddersfield I would think.

12. Mckechnie Orange

They offer absolutely zero protection to those behind. Don't show to create options deep even, let alone track back.

It's not part of the continental game. They've badly misread the championship if they think fitness, physicality, teamwork and nous isn't 90% of success in this league.

They have to fight for eachother. All the time.

askewshair likes this.
  13. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Hardly worth getting out of bed for so I'm surprised KLP bothered signing for them, especially when the average wage is the Prem is £60k a month. Did I say week?

TwoWrights likes this.
  14. Shark Sports

But they've brought in flair players, who usually don't offer much defensively. KLP was pretty poor defensively, but I didn't really see many complain. Whether or not they've brought in too many is a different argument.

For what it's worth I'd say Tetteh and Allahyar do offer a decent level of protection. Sinik is meant to be solid defensively too & Oscar puts a shift in. The problem is we've gone from a squad that was all graft and work rate with little skill to one that has a much higher level of skill but arguably not the same level of work rate. However, there's enough of the previous squad here to get a better balance, we just need a manager capable of doing so

It would've been interesting if we'd have made the defensive additions from Turkey as we seem to have stayed domestically for that.

15. Mckechnie Orange

Oh, I see that. Doc and Slater have legs if we need legs. Seri and woods can pass the life out of us, Tufan is dynamite but blows quickly.

Injuries have played a part as the ones who have stretched themselves physically end up out for 4-6 months.

Somethings not right.

16. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Looks a right clever **** .. arrogant prick… it’s just opinions and thats mine…

17. Wessie Exile

Wessie Exile Well-Known Member

Looks like the sort of arrogant prick that would celebrate in front of the South Stand flaskers at the MKM

18. NewcastleTiger

Either way he was offered close to that here so my point still stands… His agent offered him around yes, but he didn’t enjoy working under Shota had it been different yourself and HT probably wouldn’t have been telling us all about the severity of which his agent was touting his services elsewhere.

19. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

KLP wanted out ever since the contract saga a few seasons ago, whoever was in charge of us this summer wouldn't have made a difference. He'd made it clear he wanted out and wasn't going to sign a deal. It's been and gone so no point going over it.

Value for money wise in the long run we have probably replaced him for better. But again that could probably be argued until the cows come home.

20. Jackthecap

Jackthecap Well-Known Member

Wood runs like a centipede. That's not a good thing.