1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea Transfer Thread - Rumours and Real

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by ProjectVRD, May 20, 2013.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

You'll have to have this weeks instead!

2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Who's delivering them this week, somebody more reliable than bloody Villa. Send Gary Monk Mr Trustworthy. Unless you've found a new signing for us.

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Here you go - home delivery tonight:

[video=youtube;DFjOYEDJGs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFjOYEDJGs4[/video]

4. neveroffsidereff

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Bloody starving me.

5. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Hal Robson-Kanu wants out at Reading with Villa and West Ham showing interest. He is strong, quite quick and I doubt his transfer fee and wage demands would be excessive. I know this is a step down in class from the likes of Aspas and Lukaku etc but he could prove a useful, home-grown squad player for us.

One from left field. If Ash is on his way, what about a cheeky punt for Ivan Ramis at Wigan? I seem to remember something about Ramis and Chico forging a decent partnership at Mallorca. He's a tidy player and, standing a tad over 6ft 2", would give us some height at the back - and it wouldn't take him long to gel again with Chico.

6. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I like the Ramis idea. Not sure about Kanu.

7. ivoralljack

Robson-Kanu wants out at Reading with Villa and West Ham reportedly interested. I know this is a come down in class after the likes of Aspas and Lukakaku etc but I think he could be a useful squad player for us. And he's Welsh!!

The lad is big, strong and quite quick. I doubt that either his transfer fee or wage demands would be excessive and he's someone that Michael Laudrup could well work with and improve.

Something from left field. Now that Wigan have been relegated I wonder what the situation with centre back Ramis is? Didn't this guy forge a successful partnership with Chico in La Liga? If Ash moves on we could do worse than give him a passing thought.

8. ivoralljack

Sorry about the double post, folks, this site is playing up. Did the first post, pressed reply and everything disappeared. Screen went back to desk top. I logged in again, no sign of my post, so I tried to remember what I had written and did it again. I pressed reply and discovered that my first post was sitting there along with my second with Knack's reply in between. Strange.

9. neveroffsidereff

Don't worry Ivor, it does happen quite a bit now. Leave the post their and we can delete the double posts on anybodies behalf.

10. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Mr Laudrup has asked Huw for £15million to sign top Russia striker..........

Ukan Fukov is expected to sign when the transfer widow opens in July!

Seems they have sorted their differences out.

11. ivoralljack

I almost went on Wiki to check this guy out. Bastard!! :biggrin:

12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Brendan Rodgers willing to cut losses on Welsh midfielder.
    Check in to Transfer Window: Done Deal Alerts

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is prepared to sell midfielder Joe Allen for the right price in this summer’s transfer window, it has emerged.

The 23-year-old has not impressed for the Reds since joining for £15million from Swansea last summer, where he had shone under Rodgers, looking somewhat out of his depth at a bigger club with higher expectation.

Liverpool are understood to be looking for improvements in that part of the pitch, with former star Xabi Alonso being linked with a return to Anfield from Real Madrid, as they seek a more dynamic partner for the likes of Steven Gerrard and Lucas Leiva in the middle of the park.

Despite being dubbed ‘the Welsh Xavi’ by Rodgers on joining him at Liverpool from Swansea, the Wales international has only scored two goals and provided no assists in an unconvincing attempt to become the team’s main playmaker.

It is thought that he would welcome a return to Swansea, following what is likely to be the same decision by Manchester City’s Scott Sinclair, who has also flopped at his new club since leaving the Liberty Stadium last summer.

However, it is not clear if the Swans would be willing to pay Liverpool’s £8million asking price, nor Allen’s inflated wages. Current manager Michael Laudrup has done well to bring in signings on the cheap from abroad, and is likely to continue this policy rather than return to a former player who would demand more money following a spell at a bigger club.

In a somewhat controversial move, it is thought that newly-promoted Cardiff City could look to offer Allen an escape route from Anfield. The Welsh side, who have a rivalry with fellow Wales team Swansea, are expected to make some big signings upon their promotion to the Premier League, backed by their wealthy Malaysian owners. They may be better-placed to meet Liverpool’s asking price as well as Allen’s wages.

Cardiff have also been linked with the likes of former Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou, as well as another Welshman in Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey, though Allen would be seen as a good alternative as the Gunners are unlikely to sell their young midfielder.

If Joe was like a fish out of water at Liverpool then he'll drown at Cardiff

14. Terror ball

Terror ball Well-Known Member

15. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Wales online also reporting that we may be trying to re sign JDG on another season long loan.

16. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Well-Known Member

Think that Allen story is a load of rubbish. Would you have him back for that price? IF he comes back, post operation, and plays to his early season standard them we'll have a useful player.

Aspas is on the verge of being confirmed, also; his medical was a few days ago.

Wanted to say well done for getting Canas though, should be a great signing!

17. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

Swansea want one of Getafe's Angel Latifa or Pedro Leon (who is on loan from Real Madrid). Also considering a move for Sporting Lisbon's Diego Capel.

18. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Definitely. It would have meant we have loaned him out for a season and got £7million back in return <cheers>

19. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

That's been doing the rounds for a few days now Musty. Maybe there is something in this story after all.

20. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

Second the Ramis idea. It's about time we gave Big Mouth Dave some of his own medicine .... I think we should invite Jordi Gomez back also.

As for Kanu .... not so sure, I would rather persevere with Moore or try Lamah up front (heck if we can expect Nathan to run around up top surely Lamah can do it).