1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea Transfer Thread - Rumours and Real

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by ProjectVRD, May 20, 2013.

1. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Just saw a little snipped on Sky Sports, that we are planning a bid for Barry Bannan of Villa. Thoughts?

2. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Yes. He's sh**e!

David Villa wasn't in Rossis tonight as he was on duty for Barca, but Paulo Rossi was serving behind the counter and mentioned that a 6 foot four Italian Stallion is on the way to Swansea. He will be in the pies from August onwards......

3. neveroffsidereff

You're not telling me Paulo Rossi is related to the Rossi family!!! Now that boy knew where the net was, still remember him playing was it 1982 World Cup boy was class.

I bet that bugger Vila ate my Rissole as well the git, don't want him anywhere here if he scoffs the supporters scran. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

4. neveroffsidereff

You're not telling me Paulo Rossi is related to the Rossi family!!! Now that boy knew where the net was, still remember him playing was it 1982 World Cup boy was class.

I bet that bugger Vila ate my Rissole as well the git, don't want him anywhere here if he scoffs the supporters scran. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

5. Ffsdon'tpassittohim

Ffsdon'tpassittohim Well-Known Member

Ok Never calm down ! You don't have to repeat yourself

6. Ffsdon'tpassittohim

Ffsdon'tpassittohim Well-Known Member

repeat yourself

7. mikraswan

mikraswan Well-Known Member

I think Bannan would fit the bill perfectly - both the boards and Laudrups:

* he's technical

* he's creative

* he (surely) hasn't fulfilled his potential

* he's british

* leftfooted

* he's unexpensive

* he's needed in a thin midfield

Still believe Swansea should sign Bendtner, will be saying so until we attack Carthago!

8. neveroffsidereff

It's a stutter!! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

9. neveroffsidereff

Sky were saying this morning that a 2m bid will be made. Now my only take on this will be to sign him just to keep our quota of British players.

10. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Took a look at him and he looks a player. He's only 20, great in the air, explosive left foot shot and his right isn't bad either. Despite being built like a brick outhouse, his technical skill is right up there and I think he would be a terrific buy for us. Well spotted, Tycoch.

I think he is Danish in which case Laudrup might well be a big pull for him. Trouble is, the likes of Everton and others are keeping tabs on him and we are not likely to win any auction for the player. Just love to have him, though.

11. mikraswan

mikraswan Well-Known Member

If Swansea can't pay £7 mill for Aspas they won't get FC Københavns biggest talent in 5-7 years for any less. And he's stated he's not (!) leaving; FC København are playing CL etc.

As much as I like Swansea, I'd still prefer to see Cornelius in a FC København jersey.

Bendtner is a much better bid: more experience, better technique (when fit) and a natural goalscorer...

12. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Mikra, Bendtner isn't much liked over here. He has an attitude problem (ego), was often unfit when he played here and generally didn't excite too many people. I doubt he'd prove a good fit with us and the last thing we need is dressing room disharmony. Good player when he's on his game but.......

As I said, I doubt we'd win any bidding war for Cornelius but he's an exciting talent without doubt.

13. PGFWhite

BUT IS HE GOOD? NO.

He will not improve our squad.

14. stevejack

stevejack Active Member

Bendtner is rubbish imo. Arsenal having been going cap in hand trying to palm him off. His ego would spoil the atmosphere as well.
    Banan would be a a good signing but it would be with one eye on the future as he aint gonna displace Leon, Michu or Ki from the starting 11 right now. £2m sounds decent.

15. PGFWhite

Barry Bannan. Huw, don't do it. PLEASE. <laugh>

16. nicewelshlumberjack

nicewelshlumberjack Well-Known Member

What if ML walks, Bobby brown shoes returns ( I think that's what he's holding out for - he said he would only leave Wigan for a bigger club in a higher division! ) would we get Kone - may not be such a bad deal! He speaks Spanish! - Bobby that is!

17. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

SSN reporting Arsenal have made Michu their No.1 target this summer. Can only see this even remotely happening if ML did go. Would like to think both scenarios unlikely. ( How unlucky would we be to lose our manager and No.1 front man in consecutive seasons). I know as the transfer window draws closer there will probably be lots of story's about bigger clubs being interested in some of our players. Hope something comes out of the club soon regarding transfers and ML's future etc soon ust to put to bed all the rumours.

18. Terror ball

Terror ball Well-Known Member

One rumour I hope is true is the one linking us to Michael Mancienne.

The former Chelsea young player of the year is primarily a centre-back but has also played a lot of top class football at right-back, he's even filled in at left back and defensive midfield.

At 25 he is relatively seasoned.
    As a youngster he played a lot of Championship football at QPR (was 2nd in their young player of the year poll) and played 2 seasons of Prem football with Wolves, they survived the drop both seasons.
    He had a contract with Chelsea until this month but moved to Hamburg for £1.75million 2 seasons ago, wanting to prove himself. He's played 37 times in 2 seasons.

Pros;
    - at 25 still has his best years ahead of him
    - qualifies as Home Grown
    - Versatile
    - still got something to prove
    - European experience
    - shouldn't be a big transfer fee
    - good pedigree both for Chelsea and the England youth teams

19. PGFWhite

David Villa wasn't in Rossi's tonight - so there's a spare rissole and chips going.......................

20. neveroffsidereff

I'm still waiting for last weeks, rissole and chips.:emoticon-0102-bigsm