1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea Transfer Thread - Rumours and Real

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by ProjectVRD, May 20, 2013.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Swansea City goalkeeper Michel Vorm, has warned his current employers that a move to Barcelona would be too good to turn down if the Spanish giants came calling.

Barcelona are believed to be in the hunt for a possible successor to their current No. 1 Victor Valdes who has stated he will not extend his contract at the Nou Camp after it expires next summer.

The Spaniard has expressed his desire for a new challenge, opening the door for the likes of Vorm, of whom Barcelona are reportedly interested in signing.

2. swans-cartoonhead

swans-cartoonhead Well-Known Member

Behave Dai ;) - a move to Barca would be too good to turn down for any of our players! All here-say at the minute.

3. mikraswan

mikraswan Well-Known Member

...and manager!

4. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Found this on Sky, not sure if their is anything in this.

Reports in Spain suggest that the agents of Valencia forward Pablo Piatti are in Spain to negotiate his sale, with Superdeporte mentioning Swansea and Southampton as possible destinations.

5. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Based on Wiki they can keep him. He's got 20/101 for Almeria and 3/44 for Valencia where they say he has been struggling. Add the fact that he stands just 5ft 4", we would have yet another player likely to be bullied off the ball along with the others in the squad. If you are small, you have to be exceptional. He isn't.

Look at one of our reported targets, Nacer Chadli, who played for Spurs yesterday. He was fast, tricky and at 6ft 2" was a physical handful to contain. I'm getting a bit fed up of these "Milky Bar Kids" we keep getting associated with. Surely Michael has realised by now that the Premier League requires some beef as well as ability - even better if it comes in the same package.

But ML isn't the only one making these decisions. He has a coaching squad who must surely be giving him some advice. Curt knows the score but is he having any input? As a point of interest, Tosh's squad never lacked for players who could handle, or even dish out, the physical stuff - think of Ante, Robbie, Jeremy Charles, John Mahoney (small but a tiger), Wyndham, Kennedy, Speedy and others. Yes, I know we were relegated in the second season but our paper thin squad was decimated by a number of long term injuries. When we were able to field our first team choices in the first season, we were never out of the top 6. Surely there's a lesson there. And, yes, I know all this was back in the day but some things remain constant, one of them being that EVERY team needs a mix of brains and brawn.

6. neveroffsidereff

Ivor, oh to get a player like Robbie or Mahoney (very underestimated player in my mind). Wyndham was one of my fav players when I was a kid. I know nothing on this lad, my boy has done his research just wish he would do this sort of work for his school work. He's not too impressed with him either, as you mentioned on an earlier thread that Guttie (Sorry for the spelling) is a better player and he agrees with you.

7. barcastyle

barcastyle Member

8. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Given the amount of goals he scored in La Liga last season, I'd rather give young Donnelly a crack <ok>

9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

But it's another player who's played at a very good level and for that money a better option than Peter Odemwingie ?

10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I'd put Stevie Wonder up front before Odemwhingie <ok>

Wouldn't mind as Vazquez as a third choice striker, but I would like to see Donnelly given a chance. Did everything possibly in the pre season games.

11. barcastyle

barcastyle Member

Alvaro Vazquez has been great for Spain U20 - World Cup top scorer - 7 goals / 14 apps. Not bad. I think he can learn a lot from Michu and Bony (and Laudrup). If we are going to spend about £2m for Odemwingie, then I would rater spend £2.5m for a young talented striker, who is supposed to be more hungry to prove himself than Odemwingie at the age of 32. I've been reading that Odemwingie hasn't even trained with the WBA squad this season and remember he hasn't played any games for 8 months. But no doubt, when Odemwingie is fit, then he knows were the net is. The question is how fit and how motivated Odemwingie is? Alvaro Vazquez is a far more exciting prospect IMO, and he does have resale value at least.

12. Jokeren1943

Jokeren1943 Member

Agree, more fun to have a young player who can develop.

His scoring record on the Spanish U are fine
    U20 = 7 matchs - 5 goals.
    U21 = 14 matchs - 7 goals.
    U23 = 3 matchs - 2 goals

13. PaGaNsWaN

PaGaNsWaN Active Member

Looks like the lad is a Swansea player. He's flying in this afternoon for a medical and to sign the paperwork.

14. Birchgrove52

Birchgrove52 Member

Not a bad effort, quality youngster, with maybe an option if the loan deal works out-YJB

Welcome to the crew <ok>

:smiley-finger007:

15. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Any truth in the rumour Arsenal want the greatest defender the world has ever seen?

No didn't think so :laugh:

16. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Oh dear,now where did I put the fly spray?

17. neveroffsidereff

And your point is?

18. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Looks like onion piny on been saving up his wums a long time and been bursting to use em on our prem board now his lot have finally made it up here ! Bless.

19. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

They couldn't afford him <ok>

20. JackAttack

JackAttack Member

That's our National captain you're talking about :)