1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea preview

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Oct 3, 2018.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I don't doubt you're right Westlake, and you're welcome to keep digging, that's up to you. But if we can't do a bit of mud slinging and have banter and a laugh and a joke over it, and it's nasty, or a heated debate and there's no shaking of hands afterward, I'm not interested, so I'm going to at least try to stick to the football, even if someone is winding me up.

2. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Football is all about opinions which is what make forums so entertaining. It’s absolutely ridiculous to start throwing insults just because someone has a different point of view. We all want Ipswich to do as well as they can and will disagree on how that can be achieved, some think/thought MM was a great manager. I disagreed with that but not going to fall out with people over it, in the same way, I think a new manager needs time to get his ideas across but again will always listen to those with an opposing view point (& as Brian Clough said “we can discuss it and then decide I was right”) the only thing I don’t like is the fans who live in Ipswich taking some sort of moral high ground against those of us that don’t. I have never lived in Ipswich but was a season ticket holder for more than 10 years before I gave it up when I moved to Royston as it’s impossible to get to midweek games. I still go to a number of home games every season

3. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

I felt higher levels were achievable with better management given our appalling start to the season, but as I say you can call me whatever you like I really don't care, but question my loyalty to my local Club whom I've followed for many years all over this Country and Europe and that's a step too far for an armchair supporter to take.

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

fieldmarshall, I'm sure I do many more miles than you to support Town, unless you get to plenty of away matches. If you have a problem with me living in Yorkshire for my career and family, that's really up to you.

5. fieldmarshall

Royston there's no moral high ground to be taken here and I value as we all do every Town supporter wherever they are, but that's not a permit to insult the loyalty of a dedicated fan.

6. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

It just became a little ridiculous to me, that whatever I posted subjectively after every single Mick game - you had a smart ass answer for. I bit my lip time, upon time, upon time.

This season - aint happening my end. I've been accused of speaking 90% ... from you, which is hypocracy of the highest order.

Funny thing is, when the boots on the other foot - you've already threatened to quit the forum and ' it's banter ' - funny that.................

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

So why mention my location?

8. fieldmarshall

Well yes I do a lot of away matches from Bristol to Preston and as for you living in Yorkshire? I really don't have a problem with that because I don't actually give a toss.

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I disagreed with a lot of what you posted, and I countered it.

I've managed to have polar opposite political and football views with JWM for around 15 years without it ever getting nasty.

Like I said, it's got silly lately and I'm not rising to it.

10. Westlake33

I could have said ' today was Saturday ' and you would have had a smart ass answer for it.

I wrote detailed reports of games, you had a smart response. An undertone. Sarcasm. Baiting. Not once. Numerous times.

So this season, unfortunately, I'm not going to be so tolerant.

I've been extremely tolerant on here for a long time, however, everyone has their breaking point.

It's got silly lately because you've pushed and pushed certain people for far too long and are now getting spoken to how you have others.

The amount I've times you've condescended me - lost count.

' My dear westy ' - do me a favour.............

11. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Away at the moment with patchy phone internet access but woke in middle of night to see result,fantastic.Onwards and upwards (eventually,)

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Westy, like I said, I will try to be more tactful. I have never had a problem with you and generally I would not say something like 'I disagree with 90% of what you're saying', rather than '90% of what you're saying is bollocks' or some such. But I will have a stab at it. If I actually upset you, just call me out on it, drop me a private message. Never the intention.

13. Westlake33

Well have a think - jesus.

If you say to someone ' 90% of what you type of b***cks........ ' their hardly likely to be your best pal are they !?

You've not upset me it's a forum I've just found you bizarre and beyond difficult to deal with at times.

So yeah there we go - said my peace I guess. Lets see what happens going forward.

Great win today, off to bed and to get prepared for some Shakhtar matchday action tomorrow. COYB!!!! Will sleep well tonight, happy fan.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  14. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Likewise I can't get my head around how anyone could prefer McCarthy's brand of football and character to Paul Hurst's.

If the banter is not fun for people simply let's try to stick to having a sterile debate on football matters, or I will anyway, others are free to post whatever they wish.

15. Westlake33

Well that's your call re Mick's brand. As I've stressed, I don't know for how many times - the brand was toilet. Of course it was, I'm not thick.........! However, the results were often good considering factors. 14/15 sure was rubbish footy but we got play offs and a chance of going up. We all know it didn't happen but I had some great experiences at game that season. Not going to say anything else on that - it's down to peoples opinions - we could go around it until the end of time otherwise.

As for ' banter ' - banters quality! Saying 90% of someones opinions is.... crap..... with a condescending ' my dear ' at the start is laughable ' banter ' in my opinion! What am I meant to come back with?! ' ahhhh dear Hampy old boy, 92% of your stuff is absolutely crap ' !!!

Banters quality, stuff like that on a forum!? Probably going to get posters backs up!?

16. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

It is what it is.

*the rest of this post has been censored for banter that could cause offence or upset*

17. Westlake33

You don't really help yourself, do you?

Not sure what else I can say! C'est la vie.

18. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Seriously, anything that attacks someone's character I don't think is funny or necessary on here. If I've done it in the past then I apologise. That's it for now really.

Westlake33 likes this.
  19. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Guys, maybe draw a line under all the mud slinging and try to move on and debate without insults!

itfcptc, Fat Boy Slim and San Diego like this.
  20. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Wtf, and I've been on the rioja, maybe its because I'm happy...Town won and Madrid lost!