1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea City V's Richmond Kickers

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swan_and_only, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

They had a couple of sniffs in the first half Dai, and Rangel flat balled Bartley but their man 'fell over' so, annoying yes, but no threat. Until Fernandez gave them a goal they never looked like scoring at all. That was my impression of things, pretty solid at the back until Fernandez came on? yep, that still fits for me no matter how many times I think it, say it or write it <ok>

2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

They are not even L2 standard though mate, so our u21's should look solid against them let alone PL players.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

True, L2 at a push. But one of our oldest and more experienced players whose poor play cost a goal and let the team down. I thought the rest were OK, nothing spectacular, just OK which is why I scored the team 6.5/10.

Only player who stood up and stood out for me was Masa, our soon to be a hero. He looks a Jack bastard with his moustache too, I think we're gonna love him. He's looked like a class act out for a stroll in both games. Abraham looks promising and at the back I thought Kingsley wore the shirt well. Only did what he was supposed to do but looked like he was very comfortable and playing well within himself.

Olsson dashed through his time on the pitch and looked as good in attack as Kingsley is in defence. I'd like to see PC experiment a bit with them by playing both at the same time. They're complimentary skills could fit so well together on the left flank. I'd give that a go at some point.

Those were the only guys who stood out a little for me but other than Fernandez and Narsingh, I thought the rest were ok. Friendlies are all about lacing your boots and getting to know your team. Their not results based which is why I think all's well out in the East out West.

Most annoying player award goes to Monterro imo. The guy has so much natural talent but he just doesn't use it effectively. He gets into fantastic positions but his end product whether its a pass, shot or cross is mostly poor. If he would just look up to see what's going on around him then maybe instead of passing or crossing the ball into an area on the pitch, he'd be able to see a white shirt and pass or cross the ball to a player. If he could do that, if he could consistently find a team mate with the ball then he'd be devastating in attack, not the irritating player he currently is.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

They were a poor side stumpy and they scored and still had more chances.....We should be beating teams like this by 6+ goals at the very least....

Stumpy likes this.
  5. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Fair point Dai but we're playing pre-season friendlies not **** or bust premier league matches where the aim is to win at all costs. The purpose of pre-season friendlies is different to those we stress over and pay good money to see.

Right now we're in training mode so the emphasis of these games is about bonding with new team mates, gaining fitness, building up strength and endurance and starting to learn the technical and tactical lessons we're about to build our entire season on. Winning is not the aim, learning is so we're at 65% right now getting more intense individually and as a team as pre-season progresses.

As for the goals, not seen Barnets' so cant comment but in the first tour game we conceded from a penalty given for a poor tackle from Fer and then directly from Fernandez's poor defending. The goal in the second game, Fernandez was at fault again, his poor defending giving away a second easily dependable goal.

I've not seen anything positive come from Fernandez boots for years now. His poor defending and his regular missing of gaping goals up top have cost us dearly. On this tour alone, his poor defending has given two goals to L2 quality opposition. That would never happen if he was a half decent CB even in pre season. Take Fernandez out of the equation and we've only conceded one goal from a PK ha ha.

For the main part we've been pretty solid at the back due primarily to the other three CB's just doing their jobs and defending what comes their way, nothing more spectacular than that.

Imo, Fernandez is a horror show defender and he scares the hell out of me. He should be no where near the starting line up against Southampton and unless we buy another CB, Bartley must start that game next to Mawson.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  6. trundles left foot

As I have said mate PC rates him and that shows from how many games he played after he arrived and we did concede less when he was there and playing along side Mawson, but I suppose you have argued against yourself a little in that pre season is a place to get up to speed and make mistakes before the start of the season, when I hope he will know his staring 11 as it stands for it will be Mawson and either Fernandez or Bartley. I actually think he is a half tidy player and would be happy with him Mawson and another good centre half brought in as a starter who we know can do it in the PL (not from abroad). then we would have 2 from Mawson Fernandez and a new signing with Bartley as well if still here.

ValleyGraduate12 and Stumpy like this.
  7. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Maybe so TLF, we'll have to wait and see I suppose <ok>

8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

When are we getting a RB? That's what worries me, as Fernandez looks very exposed without a quality RB.................<ok>

9. trundles left foot

10. DragonPhilljack

11. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

His girl friend is VERY hot.
    Let's just sign her. <laugh>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  12. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Thats very short term Vetch :emoticon-0100-smile

13. LIBERTARIAN

I think an open ended contract would be in order. Go check her out, glam. You'll thank me. <laugh>

14. DragonPhilljack

I wouldn't Glam, could be very dangerous at your age!!...............<laugh>

LIBERTARIAN likes this.
  15. glamexile

That's a very kind offer Vetch, your generosity knows no bounds :)

16. glamexile

Could be worth risking it for a biscuit Phil

17. LIBERTARIAN

Anytime. We Glamorgan boys must stick together. :biggrin:

18. LIBERTARIAN

Glam's 'the man', and he can take it. <laugh>

19. ValleyGraduate12