1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Sep 21, 2017.

1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I did become worried in the second half when I watched Holebas hobbling around. With 20 minutes to go he looked as if he only had one leg, and then he went down clutching the other one. He kept going despite being in obvious pain some of the time.

2. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Superhorns I don't think I'll be gloating yet. By the end of October we will have played 10 games. If we are still 7 points clear of the relegation zone I'll be very pleased. But never liked Bournemouth since taking my dad there years ago and being treated like cattle. 5 quid each and couldn't see anything. Glad to say we won 0-2. So I like you am glad they are suffering :emoticon-0142-happy

3. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Well - it looks like I missed a bit of a nail-biter. Still, three points and onwards & upwards.

Can we make it four in a row at WBA next week?

Markthehorn likes this.
  4. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

BB was your game as nerve racking?

I hope WBA makes it 4 because that Chelsea fixture is looming and I just can't see us getting a win there. But I guess you never know with this funny old game <magic>

5. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

• Watford won their first away league game versus Swansea since February 1983, ending a five-game winless run.
    • Richarlison has scored with two of his three shots on target in the Premier League.
    • Andre Gray netted his first league goal in 510 minutes of action.
    • Troy Deeney, who assisted Richarlison's winner, made his first goal contribution in 12 Premier League appearances.
    • Luther Blissett and John Barnes were the scorers when Watford last won on Swansea soil.

Toby, DragonPhilljack and kchorn like this.
  6. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

The first essential requirement of a true football supporter is to bear grudges! A great one !

kchorn likes this.
  7. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

We conceded 1.79 goals per game last season. This season 1.67 so far. Bearing in mind that 0-6 blip and defence injuries that looks pretty good.

Sorry OFH not as interesting as your stats but I'm bored <laugh>

8. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Yes - but in a different way. Hawick Royal Albert seem to almost be the Scottish equivalent to Palace this season - played & lost 9, scored 2 and concede 45.

My local team totally outplayed them, but their finishing was woeful - could easily have been six up at half time, should have been three up, but went in at 1-1. The second half was basically more of the same, but we scored twice more to win 3-1.

At least I can cross HRA off my list. :)

kchorn likes this.
  9. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Well I'm sick of the 'plucky' Bournemouth tag and I have walked back down Wembley Way too often recently listening to Palace fans slagging off the Horns, sorry it might be negative but I'm currently enjoying their plight. Currently celebrating with a nice Merlot before I cook the steaks.

Have a good weekend all. :emoticon-0100-smile

10. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Nothing better than a last minute winner, going out later high as a kite of that.

Markthehorn likes this.

11. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Very composed finish by Richarlison.- deserves some credit for it.

Ok originally they made an error but it was mainly because he and Deeney were putting pressure on them and he broke through a tackle before chipping the ball over the keeper.

andytoprankin likes this.
  12. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Not according to Martin Keown on MOTD who called the finish a ‘scoop’! Complete lack of acknowledgement for Watford’s win and achievements this season too on MOTD.

13. A1 Horn

And I know I go on about this sort of thing, but 7 teams won on Saturday and on the closing titles of MOTD they showed goals from 6 of those teams. Guess which winning team didn’t get one of their goals shown?

14. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

Why be surprised? to their inflated self-importance, We have a crummy stadium, too many players they've never heard of, foreign owners also unknown (still), no pedigree;(even GTis probably toxic now) foreign head coach, so no sympathy, like for Howe, Dyche, Clement, Hodgson, Hughton, no novelty value) Huddersfield) no support, c/f Newcastle. The good pundits are on the radio-only Danny Murphy makes any sense when in TV.

A1 Horn likes this.
  15. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Well we will probably be seventh, maybe 6th in the table after everyone has played 6 games. That'll do me. They can't alter where we are on the page in that regard.

To be fair WBA and Stoke I think have felt the same way over the years. And probably others. Teams who will probably not be fighting for a European place and equally not be in the relegation scrap (Yeah Leicester but I think we'll wait another 30 years for the next one of those).

But does that not make it so much better when: we upset one of the big guys? or when Lawro talks us down and we win? or when after just 2 games - Paul Merson has to change his mind on Watford "They'll get relegated" -> "they were outstanding" :emoticon-0116-evilg

And as, not like years ago, we can see all the action on the web I'll accept that is how it is. So A1 I see where you are coming from but as there is nothing we can do let´s just sit back and enjoy the ride <cheers>

ps: And keeping Richarlison out of the spotlight I see as good :)

A1 Horn likes this.
  16. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

I thought that a scoop shot was more associated with a different ball game where white and coloured clothing are worn - although I doubt that Richarlison even knows what cricket is.

17. Markthehorn

Didn't he just chip it over the on-rushing goalie - what else was he supposed to do?

Blasting it would have meant an easy save and there was no chance of rolling it past the keeper/

18. A1 Horn

And I forgot that we had Iggy’s scoop from a couple af years ago which was something quite different too!

Markthehorn likes this.
  19. Markthehorn

And that was called great skill!

20. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Carrillo caught the attention of one news report I read. We should expect a big money offer for the guy very soon. For goodness sake he has only just arrived. :emoticon-0120-doh: