1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v. Watford

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Arguably, after the Sunderland defeat, at that point I would agree.

However, this Saturday's match is now more important IMHO <cheers>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I see there is no mention of Eder now as he hasn't scored this season. last year it was Eder obviously this year is Gomis. I don't give a **** about either of them as they don't play for us. I am only worried about whether LLorente, Baston do the business.

3. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Sorry , we crawled out of the relegation zone after 22 games with William's goal in the 1-0 win against Watford .
    This will be our 9 th game of the season on Saturday ....there is no comparison between the importance between the two games , future games always bring the " Knee Jerk " reactions to importance I'm afraid

4. seabreeze

Anyways , good luck to the manager and players on Saturday , they have a lot to prove .....to some ...

5. Taffvalerowdy

I guess that someone on the Villa Board last season may have been making the same or similar comments as you.....

Failure to win on Saturday will equal our worst sequence of failing to win a PL match - and we weren't in the Bottom 3 the previous time it happened <cheers>

6. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Once again you are spot on Taff

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Just curious but in those run of loses who was the opposition

swanseaandproud likes this.
  8. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Joe WANTED to come back and had ALREADY began moving back down to Swansea. Instead we bought Fer.

It was you that didn't want Joe here.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  9. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

You're da,n right they have a lot to prove. The players need to prove they are good enough to be in this league and Bob needs to prove that he's a half decent manager because I don't think he is.

10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Roof, you've always wanted us to buy cheap players instead of experienced quality - your logic has bit us on the arse this season.

swanseaandproud likes this.

11. Taffvalerowdy

Matt - not losses, but sequence of games where we didn't secure a victory:

Hull

Norwich

Everton

Chelsea

Villa

Man City

Man Utd

Spurs

We then beat Fulham 2-0 at home to stop the "rot" <cheers>

12. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

What logic? You're right, Valley, Roof has consistently over many years been banging on about the club buying low and selling high. The world has changed and that's increasingly difficult to pull off these days. We've followed that 'logic' as you say and many of the ****ers have been useless. Now that's something I do blame the club for.

Anyway, it's past history and ultimately we should all agree that it's where we go from here that counts.

13. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

This IS the Swansea way........we never do anything simple.

14. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

It is a must win game in my book, we can't be dropping anymore home points.

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Cheers .

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  16. seabreeze

Thousands wouldn't believe you valley ...but I will...lol. Allen and Bony wouldn't touch Swansea with a ten foot poll after they left ...FACT
    Our problems don't have a lot to do with players , its most to do with the "Manager -go-round " and the people who created the environment .
    It all worked perfectly up till Stankens took control , we were the talk of the League our first season when we went with players we had in League one and the Champuionship with Graham and his 5 million price tag . Same as Laudrup , Michu and Chico for two million . And it wasn't just buying cheap and selling high .
    it was buying cheap to keep ...Routledge , Dyer , Williams , Rangel , Britton , .Even Laudrups 2 season we made a bunch of money on Bony .
    its only after Stankens ousted Laudrup that we started paying big with no return that things started going south in general .Our only real good thing that happened big time was Ayew coming to us ...lord knows why .

17. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Every home game has to be a game where we must pick up points because if you look at the history of the premiership then the teams that lose most of the home games are inevitably relegated, As the situation is today we are exactly in that position and there are many reasons for that and in my own personal reason why we are here is the chairman's inability to run a premiership club. His interference and one man band do everything my way attitude has massively sent us backwards and it is going to be difficult time ahead now to get things back on track especially as he is still the chairman. These last few seasons we have sold on our best players and really we cant stop that as it's what clubs like ours do but when you see how much teams like Southampton were decimated then you can see how they dealt with the problem and the way we have dealt with the problem......They bought early and bought quality and we were trying to get old players to come back and looking for players from lower league foreign clubs because they were cheaper and had a reasonable CV playing for their clubs....Unlike other clubs they recruited proven premiership players and we went with the untried and unproven way and it has back fired where we end up with players not premiership standard on long contracts.....You must buy proven quality players in the premiership or you will go backwards and struggle to keep the momentum going......Joe Allen summed it up for me when he said he wanted to come back but we had less ambition than stoke and more of a chance of staying in the premiership with stoke......Only time will tell you that but if a player who knows our club inside out thinks that then you can bet other players were thinking the same....It is not a good situation to be in and i blame Jenkins 100% for the situation we are in......
    Today we have made some needed changes and we needed too imo and we are in a rebuilding mode that has started late but nevertheless started and our main objective now is not to end the season in the bottom 3 and i think we can achieve that with the changes we have made and Bob has stated that he will have a say in players he wants and that gives me encouragement. I reckon that once we get a new chairman we will be on the up again recruiting quality players....

18. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Roof, buying Michu for £2m was a one off. It will NEVER happen again.

Graham with a £5m price tag was 7+ years ago. In today's market he'd cost at least £15m when you see what Jordan Rhodes etc are going for.

As for Joe, he sold his house in Cheshire (what I've heard) so why do this if he wanted to sign for Stoke?

He wanted to come back but we wouldn't buy him.

After ML left, we got the best out of Bony and Ki, signed Monty, Barrow, Fabianski, Gylfi, Ayew etc.

Got a great return on Bony, Ayew, Jonjo and Ash as we would Gylfi if we cashed in on him so that arguement holds no sway either.

Kifflom! and swanseaandproud like this.
  19. seabreeze

Dyer , Williams , Routledge , Sinclair , Bony , Taylor , Rangel , Davies , Amat , Michu , Chico , Britton weren't one offs valley . They were part of something we lost and money won't buy back UNLESS we get a chairman and long serving manager in the same boat rowing the same direction . Some of you guys can scream " Spend " till the moon falls but unless that spending is part of a plan ...it will be a waste . The only club to have a net gain in the 5 seasons averaging 10th place says it all ...till Stankens **** the bed and the manager -go-round began ... one that Stankens governed without a clue what he was doing . just my opinion

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

The only way we're ver going to see the Club reinvent itself into it's past means we will have to ditch the owners en bloc including all the old deadwood of the old Board , drop right back down and start again , no similar sized Club such as ourselves has ever succeeded without spending big money just to tread water .We don't have it never had and probably never will . not whilst we're presently and in the near future continue to begun . IMO we've peaked , not only because of previous mismanagement but the cost of the prize is now too great to sustain. What ever you or anyone else thinks about Jenkins at least he and the old Board had the vision to at least leave us with more than decent training facilities . I f we do drop down and there is a fire sale where are the next generation of Swansea players coming from because I can't see this present lot spending more than the minimum but I stand to be corrected and hope I am but the signs were not good in the summer and nothing so far has convinced me otherwise since .

21. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Change is happening so KTF that it is not too late and we survive the season not in the bottom 3......