1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v Leicester City

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by HarboroughFox, Feb 10, 2017.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I changed from sky sports 1 to sky 1 at half time! Modern family always cheers me up...

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  2. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

10 hours of play since you last scored in PL............ thats relegation form

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

No **** Sherlock

AKCJ likes this.
  4. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> Clever boy.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  5. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Nigel Pearson...

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Well done Swansea .. two moments of real quality - Mawson finish and the Sigurdsson pass for the second..

Ranieri MUST change the centre back pairing .. giving opposition a guaranteed goal start in every game ... Amartey for one of them ... Drinky was also abject today ... Vardy lots better when playing off Slimani ... Gray looked very good at times but the end product was poor ... need to tough it out ... a time for heroes.

Bob the slob likes this.
  7. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Pearson till the end of the season would sort it out...

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  8. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I couldn't bear to watch the second half today, mainly because my Sky Go was playing up and buffering all the while, but also because of the predictable dross that was being served up on the pitch (by Leicester not Swansea). It's odd how, when you keep picking the same personnel you always get the same result! Uncanny.

This last year reminds me of the England rugby World Cup winning year. They won the grand slam in 2003, beat the southern hemisphere teams in their own back yards and then went on to win the world cup. They were an ageing team but they all peaked at the same time that year. Next season they tried to play with the same old players and it was a season too far. They finished third and then went on downhill from there.

Our back four were at the top of their game last season. This season they are a spent force. They are so slow that they have to play deep to stop opposing strikers running in behind them, plus we have to have the holding midfielder stay back. This then leaves a huge gap between defence and strikers, and this leads to the midfield having too much ground to cover, which is why we look so empty in midfield and can't support the strikers. Simpson and Fuchs don't get far enough forward to allow the wide midfielders to come inside to fill the gaps.

The time for tinkering is over. We need something radical now, starting with the replacement of the whole back four. On Wednesday, I know it was only against Derby, but we had little understandings working between fullbacks and midfield - Chilwell and Gray on one side, Amartey and Albrighton on the other. I've no idea what Wague and Benalouane would be like as a central pairing, but it might allow us to benefit in other parts of the pitch.

Unfortunately I fear Claudio will continue to ignore what he sees and stick with the same old faces. If he does, then I fear for the results over the next 7 days. Loyalty to players is one thing but he has to take the club as a whole forward.

9. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

10. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Just 3 words spring to mind W.T.F.!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Might as well and nope he scores another screamer as we aren't going to score goals from anywhere else.

12. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

You have the look of a team going down, I didn't think losing Kante' would hit you so hard, but you've lost your defensive protection and the spring-board for your attacks. I think it's between you and palace as to who joins 'Boro and Sunderland in the championship. Shame, as I quite like Ranieri

13. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Couldn't believe how far off last season you were today!
    Not complaining though we needed the points.
    A word of condolence to Gray who, half way through the second half, looked up to the front rows of the east stand shook his head in utter disbelief at what was going on. He looked so dejected he got a genuine sympathetic response from theSwans fans near the touch line.

14. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

If a change is what the owners go for then Mancini for the rest of tHe season would be my preferred choice. I'd like Ranieri given as much time as possible to turn it round though, the players need to have a good look at themselves. Watford, Hull, Bournemouth and Sunderland all at home still left, got to win all of them.

15. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Tough one gents , good luck the rest of the way .

16. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

This is a classic example how Loyalty can be bad for a side.....There is no question that Rainer did something special last season and deserves all the credit he got but he has virtually the same team for this season and was expected to be in the top half.....I'm Baffled why this season is a disaster and so unexpected but why is Leicester still loyal to him when it's obvious the players are not playing for him.......Loyalty should be with the fans not Ranieri as there is over £100m at stake and someone is desperately needed to replace Ranieri before you are relegated......Don't worry about Ranieri he is well rewarded and can move back to Italy set up for life and that is no good to the thousands of fans left behind who will have lower league football to look forward too......Save your season as there is not many games left....