1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v Ipswich Town

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Good although I'm sure their agents are working extra hard for them not to be affected

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  2. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Would I have ideally wanted to lose either of them when we got relegated, of course not. But the club saw cash in Mawson & the ‘fire sale’ saw us lose Fedo too cheap. We should’ve got more for Mawson too, but hey-ho!!
    However, they both would’ve wanted to go too, especially Mawson. But for me, there felt like an ‘edge’ to him. Like I’m the real deal (the big I am), you do realise. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t want that at our club. Give me the potential ‘real deal’ Swansea Jack (for the cause) Rodon, any day now. What a talent, ably assisted & chaperoned by our acting Capitano Mike, whose fast becoming a Swans fan favourite me thinks..

Onwards...

Would be nice if they did get relegated again though.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  3. When Swans are flying

I’m loving the Championship & loving the talent of our young team. Daniel James was a joy to watch Saturday, his raw talent should’ve been used to such devastating effect, if someone had got onto his delicious balls into the box. With his efforts alone, we should have won at a canter. Celina was wasteful & for large parts frustrating. But any entrance fee would’ve been worth it, seeing the football that led to his exquisite finish. Talk about ‘playing out from the back’!! If Man City had created that, they’d be waxing-lyrical on any football outlet for days!! MOTD, SSN, TalkSPORT, 5live, you name it. But I’m so proud our little ol Swans created it. I weren’t berserk in the stadium. That was worth all the sh1te from us in the Premier League, the last couple of seasons. It started from the ‘Leroy back pass’ too!!
    We created so much, that’s what I’m comfortable with now, as I was so gutted leaving the Liberty at the time. But we really got to start taking our chances, was the same at Wigan.
    Doesn’t look like Bony is going to be around anytime soon. So why Potter didn’t have the option of Courtney on the bench I don’t know. But we are also really needing more from Asoro & McKay, so disappointing. So begs the question again. Where the fvck are Routledge, Dyer & Narsinghe. Starting to piss me off & if the rumours of appearance & insurance payments are true about the latter & Wilfried. It fvckin stinks. The silence is disgusting...

On a brighter note. What talent our ‘so called ineffective’ academy is now producing for the Swans & Wales. Roberts & Rodon are getting better & better. Daniel James too, although we’ve just schooled him in the ‘so called’ Swansea Way, the last 4 years.

So if we could use the ‘missing players’, get Bony on the pitch (don’t think it’ll ever happen) & keep Jeff & Leroy fit, we could have some team. As I for one, don’t think we’ll have any meaningful recruitments come January. Just the ones their desperate to offload...

To the next level, Yank cvnts.

At least it look like we’re getting something from the previous board’s investment in the kids...

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Happy we played well and in doing so created a hat full of chances. Frustrated with our woeful finishing though, doubly so because a good few of those chances were relative sitters.

I wasn't happy with Potters performance at all. Even before kick off I was unhappy with him selecting Nordfelt ahead of an in-form Mulder and also unhappy not to see Routledge and or Dyer in the match day squad. Both have shown they can cut it at this level and Narsing hasn't even had the chance.

Asoro ahead of Dyer, Routledge and Narsingh. All Asoro has proved so far is that he is out of his depth in the championship and adds nothing to the mix in both attack or defense when he plays, Mckay also offers little so why persist with them. I don't buy, like or agree with the 'youth policy' line we're being fed, not one bit. Surely the ONLY team policy every single manager at every single club should be following is 'ONLY THE BEST PLAYERS GET SELECTED' policy and absolutely no other, unless of course whispers from above are 'advising' them of their team selection.

I was also very, very unhappy with Potters in game tactics, especially when he hung out our defense by changing it to a back 3.

If your going to change up the defense to 3 at the back, surely you leave on your most experienced CB and defender to compensate. I think taking off VDH and substituting him for an out of form Mckay showed up Potters lack of experience of managing at this level, imo. Taking off VDH showed a lack of respected for the opposition which came back to bite us on the arse; that and Nordfelt in goal.

Our problem wasn't in defense anyway, it was up top. We were creating so many chances but just weren't putting them away. What was needed was another body in the box to take some of the defenses attention of McBurnie and help create more space for him, and maybe get on the end of the incoming. So why bring on Mckay? why not bring on our other striker Carter-Vickers who would do this? Then you could say taking off VDH was a bold move but by subbing him for an out of form Mackay was ridiculous and wrong thing to do. I bet you all thought the same as me, where the hell is Carter-Vickers.

Maybe Potter brought McKay on to rectify his previous big mistake when he brought the ineffective Asoro on for the effective Naughton. Why take Naughton off anyway only to bring on a similar player in Fer later. Byers was playing well too so why take him off? I think Potters substitutions and in game changes to a steady formation hindered, not helped, us Saturday and in the end cost us at least a point. All in all, on the day Potter appeared to panic imo.

5. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

".....if someone had got onto his delicious balls into the box.." I thought I was on the wrong forum then <laugh>

6. When Swans are flying

Was sort of uncomfortable with it as I was writing. But they were so ‘delicious‘, I decided to roll with it!! <laugh><laugh>

Sure someone knows, whether his ‘crown jewels’, are or not... <laugh><laugh>

PGFWhite, Taffvalerowdy and Stumpy like this.
  7. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the Asoro/McKay situation. I've seen nothing from either of them to think they are any better than what we already have.

8. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Spot on, James is so exciting. If he came out of Liverpool or City academy they'd be bashing off about him on MOTD like he's a Wunderkinder. Hope he gets everything he needs here, opportunity laced with a bit of patience and I reckon we'll have our very own superstar.

Re transfers, agree too, the only transfers activity we'll see will be those leaving the club.

In fact, reading the rest of your excellent post Swanee, can't find a single word I can disagree with, great post <ok>

9. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

So perhaps the decent start we’ve had is as much down to Tosh Junior and the Under 23 coaching staff as it is to Potter. They have after all been coached in ‘The Swansea Way’?

Asoro and McKay have done very little - compare those two with Roberts, Rodon, James & Byers

10. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

They are new to the club unlike Byers,James, Roberts and Rodon and still need time to settle. Dyer and Routledge are our past

We are building a new team for the future and need to give priority to those players that are going to be part of it and not those who were our past, So next season we can make a genuine push for promotion.. We are not ready for promotion this season and if by some chance we did with this team , promising though they are , we would come straight back down. Everybody around where I was sitting couldn't understand why Mulder wasn't in the team[

11. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

OK the football has improved and is very enjoyable to watch until the finishing comes into play and the build up is let down by our lack of goals.....There is no way Ipswich should have beaten us Saturday but games like this will keep on happening until we find a 15 - 20+ goal striker and that must be our priority come January....

12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

All well and good to say we need to buy a 15-20 + striker , do you know of one who's willing to play for peanuts and hasn't got an agent ?

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  13. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

.....but that will mean the Club pending money....<whistle> ..and the player “must want to play for the Club and accept our wage policy”

Applying those filters to strikers capable of scoring 15-20+ goals a season has left me with a shortlist of.......zero, none, zilch,**** all.

14. swanseaandproud

There are players out there....We just need to identify them.

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Do you mean Jenkins or someone qualified ?

16. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Some ‘joker’, at the funeral Huw attended last week, started singing under his breath “Get out of our Church, get out of our Church, you greedy .....”

17. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

The word is getting out there ,we just need to raise the tempo, ( although not at funerals )

18. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

The future's where we're going, the past is where we're from, I get all of that Nos I really do but for the club to succeed the team has to succeed on the pitch so Potter has to select the best players available to him, make the most out of the little he's got?

Imo, the best players available to him include Routledge, Dyer and Narsingh. Not playing Narsingh to avoid paying a transfer add-on fee is criminal, if true. He is better than Mackay and Asosro, so what is the reason he's being overlooked. Ignoring what he, Routledge and Dyer have to offer the team is not in the interest of our clubs future, they are being left behind, dumped, by the club simply to sweeten the balance sheets at years end.

I get Celina, I get Dhanda, Roberts, Rodon too, bringing Byers and James on is great, playing Grimes too are all nods to our future but the inexperience of youth needs experience to watch and learn from and Routledge and Dyer in particular have so much these boys can benefit from.
    Look how Rodon has benefited from the guidance of VDH and Olsson playing next to him. He's learned so much he's received his First Wales call up because of it. Roberts has Naughton, Grimes Olsson. Routledge and Dyer have too much experience to just be sold out as callously as they are. Its almost as callous as the way Rangel was left our club and probably why Leon walked away when he did.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  19. swanseaandproud

Leon never walked away or Rangel....They were released.....

20. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Re-read my post and highlight where I said Rangel walked away, clue, I didn't <ok>

Re Leon, he retired as a player after considering is options (after being told what is options were I imagine) You can read into that what you will but considering his time here and his love for the club retirement could be considered extreme when he still has so much to offer. I think its reasonably to ask and consider why? imo.

Don't you think ignoring Narsingh, Routledge and Dyer too is a wast as well as being disrespectful to them. Imo, they all , like Leon, have much to offer that could help the club through its current plight so, to me, its very odd they are being ignored and disrespected as they are. I say disrespected because ignoring them as they are being is effectively ending their careers and they deserve much more from the club for past services rendered at least. I don't think that's right Dai, do you? do you think its right to end their careers?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018