1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v Cardiff City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Dai, but you can't have watched the match as your opinion on it is unrecognisable to everyone who saw it. I swear if the 20,000 people who watched it said it was a midday kick-off you'd say it was an evening game. We played some good football on Sunday and Cardiff never ever looked like they would breach our defence. We dominated from the 1st minute to the last - Cardiff didn't even have a short spell when they were on top. With a little better decision making by the attackers we would have been out of sight.

We are not in a false position - you could say that about all the top 8. Everyone has been dropping points not just the Swans - why do you judge the Swans differently to the other teams in the division ? Are Leeds in a false position even though they have the same amount of points as us ? We're not talking about 4 games into the season here, we are 30% of the way through. Maybe you need to understand that the Championship is a competitive division where money isn't the deciding factor in who wins a game.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  2. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

I was going to reply to him earlier but what's the point?

3. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it is getting to that stage .... <cheers>

4. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I thought we bossed the game, pressed when needed got our foot in when needed and won a lot of second ball in the tackle. We gave them two little sniffs and that was it. With some better decisions we could have put an easy three or four on them at that would not have flattered we played that well.

What Copper now needs to do, is to get them doing this week in week out. We can’t go into Saturdays game thinking that we’ve done the bit in beating Cardiff.

I do think we are capable of going up this season, but we must put teams to bed and take our chances when we get them.

This is a very competitive division, where teams can beat each other, hence why when you look at our poor form, we’re still in fourth. If we can go on a decent little run of wins then we could be top of the pile again.

Onwards and upwards!!

5. Taffvalerowdy

<applause>

6. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Old Taff is doing the full Monty on this thread, anyone would think we beat Kairdiff!.............<laugh>

daimungeezer and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  7. Taffvalerowdy

Make hay when the sun shines ..... <laugh>

8. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

Can anyone who's seen a lot of games this season comment.... I thought we played great, the best 90 minutes for some time I would have thought? I've only seen a handful of games on feeds.

We looked potent on the break especially, apart from some critical scoring decisions. What I really liked was we kept up the energy and purpose for the full 90. Admittedly the opposition were quite poor but anyway... <whistle> A great confidence boost after recent form and hopefully that'll spur us on.

9. Taffvalerowdy

10. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

guess what we all know you are right, as most of us you fell into the same old and replied to the clown, if everyone had said we played **** then he would have said the opposite, whilst we continue to reply to his nonsense then he will keep posting it. short of our finishing I thought we played well and was pleasantly surprised. I actually think that he got the game plan nailed and starting with Dyer and Routledge wide and Ayew up top makes us look so much better and putting Celina back in the 10 where he is at his best,

The clown said the same thing on the BBC web page concerning the game where again he was laughed at. to be honest he probably didn't even watch the game.

11. Taffvalerowdy

I’m thinking that we should all ignore his trolling and not react / respond to his inane comments.

In fact, that is what I’m going to do as of now <cheers>

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Its a pity that its getting to the stage that ignoring him is the only way . Try to engage in sensible debate with him/her and it sends up like a bitchfest ( I'm probaby the worst ) , the site needs more posters not less but looking at his posting history on her and the old 606 then nothing's changed nor likely to ,

13. nicewelshlumberjack

nicewelshlumberjack Well-Known Member

Feck me - credit where credit's due - Dai has been a pain in the arse ever since he started posting and he still gets people riled after 8 fricking years!

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  14. Taffvalerowdy

15. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

16. DragonPhilljack

Still milking it Taff!! Fair play, you like getting your moneys worth aye!!..........................<laugh><laugh>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  17. DragonPhilljack

I very rarely engage the turnip, his insanity levels are very worrying!!!..................<laugh>

daimungeezer and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  18. Taffvalerowdy

19. Taffvalerowdy

20. 8past7

8past7 Well-Known Member

F*ck Cardiff