1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea City : The Fall and Rise.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by LIBERTARIAN, May 20, 2013.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I thought you were a profesional footballer Dill...

2. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Sadly not and I had to give up the beer testing job too. Swim knows what I do, he thinks I'm Martyn Lewis though.

3. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

The debt being owed to him is a problem though, he can leach off of that for as long as he and his family chooses without making any headway on shortening the debt and Cardiff are unlikely to make major in roads in Asia despite Tan being Malaysian, you need an established Asain star, or a superstar and success to get the sort of money you are thinking about from the Asian market.

We have Ki and Samsung/Nexon doing aggressive advertising out there yet we will never get close to what the established big teams have as paying fans in Asia. Sorry to say it but Cardiff will be no different as Asia wants to support the likes of United, Real, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern and Arsenal.

Speaking of Arsenal, their fans thought Kroenke was heaven sent but he has leached them for everything he could get and they had a headstart on Cardiff by being an established Top 2 Prem club, now they have fight to the last day to qualify for Champions League on a regular season by season basis. Tan could be disaster if Cardiff are relegated within two years, will he pump another £50M in to the club again now knowing an agreement was signed potentially penalising such action if they returned to the PL?

Cardiff's best bet is ultra frugal spending, accept relegation is a possibility, get that debt down and use relegation payments to get back up, accept another possibility of relegation and try to bounce back again. Another club followed this model of not fearing being dumped multiple times back into Championship, their finances are sound and they finished 8th this year in the PL by virtue of patience and good long term planning. Spending £25M and hoping to survive all but rules out a Plan B if it fails.

4. SA9JACK

SA9JACK Active Member

Of course, they're going to tap into the Asian market because cardiff are the biggest team in the premier league, and all the eastern Man utd supporters are now going to start supporting cardiff because they play in red <laugh>

5. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

They'll think they're Man U because they play in red and concede five <laugh>

6. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

That's it, they play in red so must succeed ;) wonder what colour Utd and Liverpool play in ? <laugh>

7. SA9JACK

SA9JACK Active Member

Does vincent tan know anything about football? Tony Fernandez seems to have more of a clue about the game, with a similar background yet he didn't bother wasting his time trying to get QPR to play in red to appeal to the asian market...
    ...or could that be because he knows that QPR fans won't bend over and be dry butt ****ed like the cardiff fans did?

<laugh>

8. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Since when is ****in bluebird red dragon fc a "big company" thats what i want to know!! so typical of them, its always about the size with them isnt it...<laugh>

Im sick of the Vermin already and they aint even officially in the Prem league yet !! **** me! 2yrs of silence then they are all financial experts,premier league experts,have massive potential,bigger than real madrid,bigger than Everton , massive in asia ...listen up ****s we killed the Bluebirds,they are dead,you sold your soul and rebranded,you are now known as red dragon fc or something ...basically, id be embarrassed to venture over to my former rivals message board with that level of shame !!

A total joke to football your club is , taking it up the arse and begging ting tong to make you "red or dead" you should be ashamed of yourselves..

9. ProjectVRD

Cardiff's promotion means there will be two Welsh clubs in the Premier League next season. But the Bluebirds have little in common with their rivals from Swansea, claims the Times. "Where Swansea are seen as the good guys, Cardiff are something darker. They are a cautionary tale of the dangers of chasing the dream. They mortgaged their future, and then they sold their soul."

Ouch! Read more!
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/premier-league/52541/cardiff-city-premier-league-sold-soul

10. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Did I say it was because we are Cardiff city? It's because we are in the premier league, VT has a major stock holding in a sports channel (Astro) in Malaysia and guess wha?t They love the premier league. VT will now have to negotiate a deal with the premier league about televising all Cardiff home games on Astro. something he did successfully for the last 2 seasons with the football league.
    Does VT know much about football? No he doesn't but he has alowed MM to build his team and unlike QPR has stated he will not break the bank to acheive relative success. Will he keep to his word? Who knows, no one can see into the future. Am I concerned about the level of debt? A little but as VT has kept his promises to date I see no reason to worry, after all we are now premier league and that brings with it how much TV money?

11. taffthefish

Glad to see you're still a racist bigot! Yes "Ting Tong" is negative racial stereotyping.

12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Close the door quietly as you leave ,thank you

13. taffthefish

You condone racism and bigotry? Good to see it alive and well in the Swansea area. Oh and I was being sarcastic there just in case you didn't get it.

14. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

Let's keep the discussion civil please lads.

As our cousins are up next year, I would hope we would welcome them over for a bit of banter, maybe i was wrong?

15. Stid

Stid Active Member

16. ProjectVRD

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Your man Tan is no position to negotiate anything, this is the Premier League and those rights go to whoever bids the highest, not what Tan wants to do. He is a minnow compared to the likes of Star Sports who are owned by News Corp, Tan is just a speck of dust in comparison and he will have to pay big money to have Cardiff's games as he would be third party, not first party. Tan cannot just negotiate with the Premier League when he feels fit, who do you think he is? The President of the US? No, he is just a small time guy compared to the big boys in the TV world.

He didn't come here for banter, Chico.

17. taffthefish

Of course he can negotiate, the difference between premier league and football league is a few more noughts at the end.
    And yes I did come here for the banter, the derailing of this thread has been down to the usual suspects that derail threads here and on other boards. I'm off now as clealry you have a miopic view of your club. I at the very least can accept my club is not perfect.

18. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

The thread (yet again) is about a TV programme on tonight and it certainly wasn't derailed by any Swans poster that's for sure. It is not about premier league money or any debts.

Anyone else looking forward to tonight's programme ?

19. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

No wonder I can't find it on fcuking Iplayer, it hasn't been aired yet <doh>:headbang:

20. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

"Tan is just a speck of dust".

I had no idea he was that big!!!