1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea City : The Fall and Rise.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by LIBERTARIAN, May 20, 2013.

1. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I would be hypocritical if I didn't acknowledge that Cardiff had its problems, I have. I have raise a valid point about the root cause of your growth but some hear do not want to acknowledge it, now that is hypocritical.

2. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Close the door on your way out.
    This thread was not created so you could exhibit your green eyed envy.
    Why not have the balls to create your own thread on your own chosen subject.

3. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

This thread and the TV programme are to celebrate the League cup being taken out of England for the first time in its history. What's the problem here ? Am I missing something ? I certainly didn't read the op as an opportunity to have a pop at us from any jealous neighbours

4. taffthefish

No it was a self obsessed post lauding your rise on the back of a CVA, top accomplishment...

5. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Those debts don't exist anymore, hence the reason a cva was entered, we can't just give money away without accountability. If you had any inkling of business you'd realise that ltd companies must account for all money. If you had any idea how a cva worked you'd realise like an iva for individuals the debts go away on agreement to pay a portion of the debts.

Coming out with that link you've provided is a joke like the article itself. These people who have pumped their own money into the club deserve something back. You appear to think that the owners now should be accountable for debts that the previous owners run up.

Can I ask what about that dragon den bloke who has saved Jessops from oblivion, should he pay all the creditors when they entered administration? The fact is if you go into business there is a chance things will go tits up, the bigger the tits up the more people and companies suffer. But they also get tax breaks as you can write off bad debt from your books, so though they lose they also gain a little from the inland revenue.

6. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

No it's on the back of bloody hard work by the now directors and supporters trust. Now I have asked you nicely to go away, you lot complain enough when somebody interrupts a thread on your forum, yet you are doing the same here now **** OFF !

7. taffthefish

But you didn't enter administration (see all threads above) by your own admission, so yes the current board bought that debt so are responsible. I see the Guardian is a joke article, best you speak to your board and suggest legal action...
    You have not paid the unsecured creditors which are not big companies and need the money more than the bigger boys.

8. LIBERTARIAN

Swansea City's rise has indeed been a "top accomplishment",and I am more than happy to agree with your kind comment.

Compare their glorious rise with the inglorious state of affairs that has ravaged the Club that represents the Capital City,bringing nothing but shame in it's wake.

Large debt; countless winding up orders;High Court appearances; inability to honour contractual agreement; etc.,etc.

No "top accomplishments" there,eh.

9. LIBERTARIAN

Swansea City's rise has indeed been a "top accomplishment",and I am more than happy to agree with your kind comment.

Compare their glorious rise with the inglorious state of affairs that has ravaged the Club that represents the Capital City,bringing nothing but shame in it's wake.

Large debt; countless winding up orders;High Court appearances; inability to honour contractual agreement; etc.,etc.

No "top accomplishments" there,eh.

10. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Taff, the thread is about the fall and rise of Swansea City. Yes we all know what went on with the pervious owners and the shister job they did on us. As people have all ready mentioned creditors agree the CVA so no monies are out standing by Swansea City Football Club.

The BBC program is about the rise from the days when we nearly went of of business to 9th place in the PL and a Cup win too boot.

What's being discussed is in the past and nothing anybody can do about it.

11. taffthefish

Again, I haven't denied or ignored my own clubs failings in the past, I am quite happy to debate that.

12. taffthefish

Never, no worries, I am going to watch it with interest and with the eyes of an impartial viewer. But I maintain my dislike of the method involved although the programme may change my viewpoint.

13. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

What part of my post you don't understand ? The simple fact is we cannot pay debts that don't exist, and even if they did now they'd be statute barred or time served. And on giving money to companies you've said yourself may not exist now, who do we pay ?

The fact is if I was a Cardiff fan I'd be more concerned about what the Malay bloke will take next, he's already taken the bluebirds what next ? I would rather stop supporting the swans than lose out history even if it wasn't exactly the best of things to reminisce.

14. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

So you must dislike Jessops, HMV, Blockbusters, Dreams Beds, Game and many others, make sure you don't go there, by the way if you stay away from the liberty as well it will ensure you are not biased.

15. taffthefish

As the posted article states, there are companies Swansea still has not paid. The ones that no longer trade obviously cannot be paid... That "Malay bloke" is Vincent Tan and he has invested a lot of money into Cardiff so not sure what you mean when you say "take next" please elaborate.
    As for the history, well that can only be re-written not expunged. Not sure where you are getting your info but the CCFC stadium is now a living mueseum heralding the history of Cardiff city FC. As for the colour change but sorry that is not as big a deal that many make out. The bluebird is still on the shirt, the dragon was always on the modern shirt is is now being emphasised more. So in summary we still have our history, own stadium along with huge investment.

16. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Many clubs have been saved by a CVA. Southampton & Portsmouth twice to name but two. Portsmouth would no longer be a club if it wasn't for the CVA.

17. taffthefish

agreed but they do not have a programme about their rise from the ashes. I am not slagging off Swansea but this thread piqued my interest.

18. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're not , if I was you I'd be more concerned about your future rather than our past . ( and look up up the word piqued before typing any more bollocks )

19. Cherry Jack

Cherry Jack Member

Is there any way I can watch this in England?

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

BBC I Player should have it on