1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea City on Tour - By PGF.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by nicewelshlumberjack, Mar 1, 2013.

1. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

i can imagine RB lumbering up the field for the final corner, liz as the other thai girl maybe ul brynner as dilli

2. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Dill would be played by Dylan Thomas. Phil would be played by John Wayne.

3. Blitz

Blitz Member

Just my perception of how people come across in here but I think I've got a few posters worked out and who could play them.

FFS, Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lector.
    DragonPhil, Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven
    Dai, Jack Nicholson in One a flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.
    Swimaway, Adam Sandler as Happy Gilmore.
    Neveroffside, Russell Crowe as Gladiator
    Musty, Tommy Lee Jones in US Marshalls.

Disclaimer, no offence meant to anyone and this post is tongue in cheek.
    Sorry guys but that's the mental image I have of these posters. I know that I am probably a million miles out but that's how you come across. Some people I will not mention as it could get too rude and I don't want to offend anyone not even in jest.

4. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Having meet Dilli & FFS. I think Dilli should be to be played by John Travolta & FFS by Randy Quaid.

5. neveroffsidereff

Whooooooooo, Mrs Offside's happy with that.

6. Blitz

Blitz Member

Travolta and Quaid ? Now you do have me curious as to why and what characters they played ?
    Ps, glad you're happy only just realised you are a mod and could ban me. So pleased I didn't say a cretin like Ian Beale ;)

7. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

And exactly who would play me then ?

PGF, Dylan Thomas ?? You cheeky bastard :D:D I wonder why that is, let me guess now............... Is it because he liked a drink or two ?

8. Blitz

Blitz Member

Dilligaf comes across to me like Captain Jack Sparrow and for a number of reasons. No offence meant I mean it as a compliment and here's why.
    Firstly he comes across as a rascal no doubt about it. Also just like Jack he seems to like a drop of rum, or lager or any other type of alcohol. Finally I think he's another that's misunderstood but his hearts in the right place as shown when he defended Swimaway being banned and visiting all those boards and telling everyone about Chico.
    Perhaps someone who's met him like Neveroffside can tell me if I'm way out or if close ?
    No offence Dilligaf, I just hope you don't hate the Pirates of the Caribbean films.

9. mustyfrog

pmsl the lot of you

10. mustyfrog

would rather be sean connery

11. Blitz

Blitz Member

Sean Connery ? Come on Musty how cool was Tommy Lee in those films and he was a US Marshall too. That's a logical link to you being a mod.

Maybe we should call our mods US Marshall Gerrard and Maximus. Sounds a lot harder than Neveroff and Musty ;)

12. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Dreyfus, you've only picked Captain Jack because he likes rum.

Why does everyone think I'm a Pisshead ? That bloody Neveroff isn't helping either :D:D

13. nicewelshlumberjack

nicewelshlumberjack Well-Known Member

You guys are crazy - as part of the loan deal with Charlton - we have agreed tha MARK GOWER will be appearing as FFS<smooch>

14. PGFWhite

15. neveroffsidereff

We should ask Huw if the lads can do a turn before a home game.Perhaps Dai can have a word, and while the were all dancing Dai can parade the cup in his Swans kit.

16. PGFWhite

17. mustyfrog

18. Ffsdon'tpassittohim

Ffsdon'tpassittohim Well-Known Member

Nailed it !
    please log in to view this image

19. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

The story continues to gain momentum & it would appear we're going to be famous

Can you help bring Swans' fairytale to the big screen?

Monday, June 24, 2013South Wales Evening PostFollow
    IT has been a roller coaster ride following the Swans over the years.
    From the brush with relegation from league football, to the heady heights of the premier competition, the club's story is one waiting to be told.
    &#8203;
    STARS Swans players celebrate the win over Reading that led to the Premier League and (above) favourites Leon Britton and Lee Trundle helped shape the club's success.
    &#8226; &#8226;
    And now that is exactly what is about to happen, as Swansea's highs and lows are coming to the big screen.
    Oscar and Bafta award winners are to tell the story of the Swans triumphant rise to the Premier League, in a film, called From a Jack to a King.

The star-studded team behind the project includes Oscar-winning James Marsh, who won an Academy Award for his documentary Man On Wire, executive producer, and two-time Bafta Cymru winner, Edward Thomas, as well as director Marc Evans, the man behind Swansea-based musical Hunky Dory, and multi Welsh Bafta winning feature film Patagonia.
    Also on board is editor Gregers Sall, who worked on double Bafta award winning film Senna, and Swansea's award-winning broadcaster and documentary maker, Mal Pope.
    James Marsh said: "The re-birth of a neglected, provincial football club into genuine Premier League contenders is both a romantic modern day fairytale and a gripping thriller of a story.
    "It's a remarkable and surprising tale which will make for an irresistible, highly emotional film that will appeal to anyone who's ever rooted for the underdog."
    A spokesman for Swansea City Football Club confirmed film makers are being given unprecedented access to the Premier League club, and added: "We're thrilled to be working with YJB Films on this exciting project. It's a real first for the football world. Swansea City's success has really caught the attention of a global audience."
    And movie-makers are also appealing to Evening Post readers for their help - and the chance to get their name on the film's credits.
    They are looking for photographs, video clips and digital film that readers have taken at Swansea football games, in any format, no matter how archaic, from the old days at the much-loved Vetch Field, to the recent glory years at the Liberty Stadium, up to and including the victorious day that Swansea made it into the Premier League.
    And it's not limited to the action on the pitch.
    They are asking fans to dig out the footage hiding in attics and cupboards which features fans and photographers, sounds and images of fans meeting players and travelling to Swans games, crowd chanting and banter, film of open-top bus celebrations, and recordings of old radio shows and phone-ins.
    Director Marc Evans added: "This is not just a film about the rise of Swansea City Football Club, but the story of a town and the people who made that club what it is today."
    Items can be dropped off at reception at the Liberty Stadium, the Evening Post office in Adelaide Street, or Swansea Sound. Or alternatively visit www.jacktoaking.com for information on how to send in pictures and footage.

Read more: http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/story-19375253-detail/story.html?#ixzz2X6ytuaXU
    Follow us: @thisisswales on Twitter | thisissouthwales on Facebook

20. PGFWhite

Theres a full script above <laugh>