1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea City football acadamy.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by crcjack, Jun 3, 2011.

1. crcjack

crcjack Member

Hi fellow jacks.

Has anyone heard any news on our acadamy? Im sure there were plans last year for the ground by the bowling centre to be turned into the acadamy. All ive seen is new fencing around it last year so hopefully it will kick off soon. Surely this is the next step in making us a top team with top class training facilities.

With the millions we will gain, our acadamy and youngsters will be a major part of our progression as a club.

The futures bright, its BLACK and WHITE.

2. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

We can't survive without an Academy in the Premier League, I have been harping about this on 606 for years, we now have the money to make this a reality, and it will be down there by the bowling alley

3. crcjack

crcjack Member

Totally agree Jager. If one thing that we were truely jelous of at our little friends up the M4, was their acadamy. Will be great to see the future stars of the premiership and Wales being taught at Swansea. It may take a while, but it will pay dividends in the end. :smiley-finger007:

4. JamieT567

JamieT567 Member

Would love to see an Academy!

5. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

I think it is requirement of all clubs in the premier league to have an academy, we will probably have a timescale set for us now by the suits

6. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Think they should have an academy at every professional club, funded separately from clubs themselves, maybe part of the tv rights money going to fund this directly, this way grass roots football will have a huge boost in all areas of the UK, and clubs like chelsea, liverpool man utd et al will have to contribute for using basically all foreign players in their first team.

7. JRODJACK

JRODJACK Member

I think that sounds like the best way of funding the academies, I believe the Americans have a similar system that uses money raised from shirt sales and tv rights to fund grass roots sports.

8. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

How long until we have one then? Probably by the start of next season? Anyone else think we might see some of the more highly rated kids from North Shore Utd (the Yank team we´ve just set up a partnership with) come over to train with us?

9. Rhysj1

Rhysj1 Member

Scott, I highly doubt it mate! At the FL Awards evening I was at, 2 of Huws guests were these American fellas. They were from this acadamy North Shore utd. They have about 2000 kids going there.
    Huw Cooze was talking to me about it and he said that the link they are making won't really benefit Swansea, but will benefit them. The quality of the acadamy over there isn't very high.