1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 4 v 3 Rotherham United

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Rotherham had 29% possession and had 16 shots on goal - one more than us.

2. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

It is like this every season where nobody wants to get injured before hitting the beach because there is nothing to play for...Rotherham are fighting against relegation and will be fighting for all their worth.....We can see this right across the board in all divisions today.....

aswan_dam likes this.
  4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Just got back.

A 7 goal thriller it certainly wasn’t! Had very much an end of season feel to it.

Nordfeldt seemed at fault for certainly their first goal, and possibly the second, but he had absolutely no chance with their third.

I’d have taken him off at half time to see what Benda is like - but I’m glad Potter didn’t as Nordfeldt made 2 brilliant saves in the second half.

Despite the possession stats, in many ways I feel that Rotherham deserved a point. I’ve seen far worse teams at the Liberty this season.

DragonPhilljack and aswan_dam like this.
  5. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Went to this one today. I really enjoyed it. Nordfeldt certainly had a mixed bag of a game but as Taff says he made two brilliant point-blank saves second half.

Squeaky bum time for the 8 minutes added injury time but we clung on. Yes, you may not get outstanding performances when you're comfortably mid-table with 5 games left but we made a good go of it second half.

6. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well another 3 points helping us to get that midfield finish that I predicted would be our lot this season after the January transfer disgrace, Paul Warne's comments on James were very gracious in defeat, fair play to him.............<ok>

PS: We need a better keeper,

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  7. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

8. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Some poor defending and poor finishing.

9. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

A real dogs dinner of a game today. Any team who use the long throw in as their main weapon normally fail to inspire me. We didn't show much flair in the first half as the Rotherham defence nullified Dan James. As the game went on it became more open and there were some fine goals from both sides.

Nordveldt may have been at fault for the first goal, but not the second and ended up making four fine saves to silence the jeers and boos from some of our "fans". The same treatment wasn't given to Dan James who missed a hat trick of chances!

I thoroughly enjoyed the second half and the eight minutes of extra time merely added to my enjoyment. If Rotherham get relegated they have no one else to blame and personally I would welcome a team playing more attractive football from League 1.

aswan_dam likes this.