1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 2 v 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Trying to turn the low turnout In to some kind of protest is, to be totally honest, bull s***.
    Whenswansareflying is spot on.
    It indicates our city can not support and maybe doesn't deserve a prem club.

When Swans are flying likes this.
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I know a number of regular fans and some ST holders who could of attended but had to prioritize due to the cost of attending 3 more home matches soon to be played in quick succession....It is the sign of the times im afraid that most fans cant afford 2 games a week anymore, Also with that our survival has to be the priority over a cup match and that is how it turned out.....Going to matches is not a cheap hobby today.....

3. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Or consider this , maybe the club in its present state doesn't deserve it's support . Blind faith is exactly what's got us to the position we're in now, and as being a Premium club this had no relevance, it was cup game

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

and in case you're wondering yes I went last night

5. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Or maybe fans didn't want to give the greedy ****ers that own the club even more of their hard working cash so that they can pocket it themselves?

The only way to hit the Americans is by not attending the cup games as they lose revenue.

6. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

I fvcking hate the Yanks for what is happening to our Club. But for me. it's all about supporting the team. I'm not going to change a habit of life, because of some 'asset-stripping' low-life's!! If I'm a 'mug', well I'm a 'mug'. But at least, by paying my entrance, I can demonstrate my feelings...

Be interesting, hypothetically, how many of the Swans fans that attended in what was a paltry turn out, were season ticket holders. In this thread alone, it seems the people who appear to be season ticket holders, went. So basically people forking out, on top of their already 'shelled-out' £400+ season, to support the Swans. All the ones that were on the assumed waiting list, where were they. Would've been an opportunity to see the Swans. Even if people are holding out because of the way the club is being run, it's just a one-off entrance fee to support the team. To at least show Carlo & the boys we're behind them..

7. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I completely understand and appreciate your sentiments Swannie and you have my respect for supporting the club as you see fit.

My way is different but it doesn't mean I think any less of my club than any supporter, its just my way, my little protest to show my disdain for the current owners, for HJ and what he has allowed to happen to my club. My little protest is that I wont be going to any more games under the current regime.

Attending games just doesn't feel right anymore to me because by attending, and so giving the new owners my money, in my head, feels like I am endorsing the rape of my club and, even worse, that by spending money in the ground I am funding it.

When I spend money on anything 'Swans' its not out of love anymore, I feel that I am paying for and agreeing with the exploitation of my club. I feel like I'm being robbed too because, in my mind, all I am doing is giving money to be taken out of my club and away from my community across the pond to bolster the profit margins and dividends of a far away hedge fund. This hedge fund is Swansea City AFC and happens to be run by the very same un-named, un-known consortium of capitalists who used underhand, back-door, stealth tactics to pries my club away from its supporters in order to siphon all its value and profits out of my club and out of my community.

These are my views and I appreciate they won't sit well with all our supporters and fans of which I count myself as one so all have my respect because we all have feelings for our club. For me, the only protest I have against the current regime is to stop financing it so to achieve that I wont be attending games, spending my money on concessions inside the Liberty as the Liberty is run by a hedge fund, I wont be buying any beer in the Liberty anymore or merchandise from the American owned club shop, I wont be renewing my season ticket next year and I wont be spending any of my hard earned cash so it can be wired out of my community to pay for the upkeep of the green on the eighteenth hole of an exclusive, expensive, members only American Golf course.

Let the siege begin, starve these ****ers out, don't pay till they go away or to put it simply, do not feed the cannibals.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  8. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

100% how I feel but I don't have this way with words. I haven't renewed my ST this year, I wont attend the Liberty as I will not put my hard earned money in the thieving bastard americans bank account. Great post stump

9. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Thanks TLF, good to know its not just me <ok>

10. Bob the slob

... but turn up for the big teams!
    If we had been playing Liverpool, Man U or any of our fans' 'second teams' (their Premier league teams when we weren't in it) the stadium would have been full and the tickets would have cost far more.

We seem to be in a period and in an area where it is easy to blame others, where others are expected to carry the risk and be provided with top quality for rock bottom prices.

11. Bob the slob

I wasn't.
    Isn't supporting the team important to you?
    Do you really think the club exists of fresh air and good will, that there are no costs involved and we, if we want a city team, have no responsibility to support them in times of trouble.

Given the interest rates on the borrowing needed to buy into SwanseaI very much doubt the Americans will be earning a cent for may years to come.
    We have been spoiled in the recent past and it seems like reality is hard to accept.

12. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

The ultimate holding company is Swansea Football LLC - incorporated in Delaware.

Delaware is rated the most secretive financial location in the world, and the change means that it will be even harder for supporters and media to establish the implications of the club’s corporate structure.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  13. swanseaandproud

Bob it's nothing to do who we play....It is about whether you can afford to watch every game when they come thick and fast. It's not cheap you know...

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  14. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

The majority of those fans would have already paid for those tickets last year in the form of season tickets.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  15. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Its hard to accept because the club is under the control of people who are here to cream as much cash as they can and walk away.

16. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

So why exactly did the Americans buy the Swans?

17. swanseaandproud

Premium site Land....

18. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

But the yanks don't own the freehold.

19. swanseaandproud

They will....

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

That has to be the funniest post I 've read in relation to this thread , you seem to put the blame on our current position unequivocally on the heads of the supporters , you know the ones who pay for their season & match day tickets home and away , the overpriced club merchandise, the food and drink in the concessions the mascots package, VIP flag bearers at the start of each home game and the flyer ,you know the fans unfortunate enough who have had to put up with part of the "match day experience " being blinded by electronic advertising hoarding throughout the course of the game or straining to listen to a tannoy system so antiquated a bull horn would be more effective. The reason I placed the word pay in bold is that is exactly what supporters give to the Club, a financial and emotional commitment. can you say the same about those who are actually in a position do something about how the Club is run and now perceived by the wider footballing audience .
    Spoilt , how have I and thousands of other been spoilt ? every post recently of yours has been an attack on the supporters of this Club is it because we have the temerity to question and voice our displeasure on how our club has been allowed to get to the stage we find ourselves in .
    Your last line exposes you that you're either one of the sellouts or have very close connections to them .So we're supposed to be grateful and to doff our caps to the yanks because the poor dabs may not earn a cent in years to come , <laugh> , like I said ,****ing laughable

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018