1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 2 v 0 Cardiff City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Oct 20, 2022.

1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Oh yes.....

Treble what? Scotch?

If you knew what you were talking about you’d realise a treble in sporting achievements is winning 3 trophies in one season.

2. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Someone called ninian opinion :emoticon-0102-bigsm

3. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Obviously a biter …. <laugh>

DragonPhilljack and 55282 like this.
  4. Taffvalerowdy

5. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Hello ninian if you are reading.....you got stuffed you turkey.

6. Taffvalerowdy

7. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

In fairness they parked the bus from the first whistle. We will open other teams up, but agree at times it was a bit pedestrian. Let’s see what the next few games bring!

8. Taffvalerowdy

9. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

10. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

11. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

I've got to agree with Phil, to some extent.. and no, that doesn't make me a conspiracy theorist <laugh> ;)

The passing is very pedestrian at times and backwards, even in forward positions. Saying that, I don't think we have the calibre of players (with confidence?) to be more adventurous and be more attack minded going forward.

Nearly every time Sorinola got passed the ball it went straight back to the player who passed it to him. He doesn't have the pace to take anyone on... but contrast this to Latibeaudier (sp?) - didn't have to take defenders on as his game management was superb, running into space and intelligent with his movement.

We are doing great with what we have... it's hard to criticise when I believe RM is trying to make the best of what he has. We can't complain with being 4th (currently). We may be there or thereabouts come the end of the season but I hope to [insert deity of choice here] we don't get promoted, as we'd be cannon fodder and straight back down and the only people to benefit would be the consortium.

Anyway, what we can agree on is being the undisputed number one footballing team in Wales by a long, long long, long, long margin <cheers>

12. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

13. Taffvalerowdy

he didn’t / doesn’t think so <laugh>

14. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

I'll be honest I agree with most of what you are saying here in that the football isn't as good as it was under Martinez or Rodgers. However I don't think that's down to Martin, the quality of our team now for me is no where near what it was back then.
    Rangel ahead of Sorinola, Ben Davies or Neil Taylor ahead of Laudibetier (or however its spelt), Williams in front of anyone, Scotland ahead of Obafemi, Pratley ahead of Fulton, Bodde ahead of anyone, Gomez, young Allen, Dyer, Sinclair. For me all of these players replace our current first 11. But that tells me what we are getting out of what we have is a credit to the man in charge, not a criticism. We get rid of Martin... then what? We have the same players. Do you think someone else could get more out of them than what we are currently getting?

15. Taffvalerowdy

Grimes completed 126 passes
    Cardiff completed: 83

16. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I do think it's down to the manager the way we play, and it seems to me that RM is playing safe keep ball, and he doesn't have the confidence in the players to let them play more direct when needed, it's like we have a team of safe players who will never take risks going forward, yet we take the risks while passing out from the back and around our own box? I notice our no 6 every time he had the ball in front of the opposition box the pass was always left or right, never looking for the killer pass straight ahead. when we did pass through the forward channel instead of sideways we got the second goal? I think our players are better than the way we play currently, it reminds me of the time when Kenny Jackett was our manager and the football was so underwhelming, then Martinez came back and the football changed overnight, same players though?

I do appreciate what RM is trying to do, and I am not calling for him to go, but I think he could set the team up to play a more positive and dynamic game.

55282 and daimungeezer like this.
  17. Taffvalerowdy

If he goes to Norwich, changes could follow …

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  18. Taffvalerowdy

Surprised nothing much mentioned about the penalty Cardiff could/should have had in the first minute.

Benda took the goal kick, Darling had his back to him, picked the ball up and put it on the six yard box for Benda :shocked:

DragonPhilljack and daimungeezer like this.
  19. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  20. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

But then with mostly the same players (primarily midfield) was the football that much better under either Potter or Cooper? Id argue worse. They were just better at getting results. And look where they both are now. For me we are limited by the players available to us and each manager for me is getting the best out of what we have. I don't think expecting Martinez ball with what we have is a realistic expectation to hold.

daimungeezer and Taffvalerowdy like this.