1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 1 v. 4 Norwich City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Nov 19, 2018.

1. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

We are on such a fine line with our squad we can’t afford anyone to not perform. Where was the Fer that looked a different class, when coming off the bench after his return from injury. Then require him to put a shift in (to do his day job), he looks a shadow. We need his ‘real’ presence to perform as a team unit. Celina is another one for me, flatters to deceive. Not at all consistent enough & no way a consistent game changer. I can’t fvckin wait for January to come & go, so the squad can be what it is. I’m sick of the ‘missing’ players not being available for selection & the politics that must be going with it. How the fvck Asoro & McKay are ahead beats me, it all fvckin stinks. You look to our bench yesterday & you think oh fvck, no game changers there. Bony looks a total spent force, as expected, to. We need additions desperately, but no matter how much is recouped or shaved off the wage bill in January, can’t see the Yanks allowing Jenkins to offer it to Potter for recruitments. Sad as fvck, our club has become..

Our relatively good season, is ‘glossing’ over it all..

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Good post <cheers>

When Swans are flying likes this.
  3. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="When Swans are flying, post: 12315692, member: 1010204"

Our relatively good season, is ‘glossing’ over it all..[/QUOTE]

Relative to what ?

swanseaandproud likes this.
  4. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

I took it to mean considering the devastation wielded to the squad after relegation.

Stereo and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Doing great at the moment much better than the moaning mini's said they would do.....Have not had a transfer window yet either, So i'm very happy where we are.....

6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Th
    Thanks for that

7. When Swans are flying

Relative to what ?[/QUOTE]

I think at times, our team has been almost a revelation. With superb team passing football & some amazing team goals. The integration of the academy kids', Celina (at times) & original squad members have sometimes been a formidable unit. Potter & his background team have done an amazing job in making that come to fruition. After the shortcomings of yet another poor transfer window, that's certainly something we were not expecting of the team. Most of us would've had us languishing at the other end of the table, so we've probably achieved better than expected.
    On the other side, we can all see, that just a tad more ambition in the summer & we'd be up there with the top 3 or 4, possibly. We're struggling as a team to finish our chances, we've just not got that ability in the team to do this regularly enough, hence wins to draws, draws to defeats. We struggle to command the midfield, with or without Leroy, Saturday showed him up. These are the fine margins, we've done better than expected, but have witnessed we could have achieved far more. So a 'relatively' good season for me..

8. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

That's a pretty good summing up of the season really.
    I'm still not sure about how well we think we are doing though. When the season started and we saw what players we had left, I'm sure nobody had any optimism for a good season. However, after seeing how well we've played at times, I can't help feel disappointed with our results.
    In terms of 'relatively', I feel we've done well if you go back to pre-season, but now we've had time to see what sort of team we are now, then I don't see it that way, I feel we are underachieving.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  9. When Swans are flying

I completely agree, I'm so proud that our club produced those one or two amazing team goals this season. Especially after all the upheaval of relegation & the squad overhaul that went with it. But generally disappointed, overall, with our results, points tally & hence position in the table. Does my head in when you can regularly have 60-70% possession in matches, or even greater & not win...

That's our Swans..

55282 and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  10. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Does my head in when you can regularly have 60-70% possession in matches, or even greater & not win...

Is this the "New" Swansea Way?

Taffvalerowdy likes this.

11. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Two new strikers are coming in January according to some posters
    Although it does makes you think ,Ollie was banging them in last year is a struggling side and this year not so good so more so is it the way he's been asked to play or is he not being provide the service . 3 times on Saturday there were excellent balls played across their goal and all it wanted was a touch and Wilf had two good chances so its not all doom and gloom as long as we're creating then the goals will come

Stumpy likes this.
  12. Taffvalerowdy

Scargill and Red Robbo?

13. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

C'mon Taff, that's poor by your standards :p Dig a little deeper and stop shafting us with poor puns :grin:

55282 and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  14. Taffvalerowdy

<wah>

Ok - Vasquez and Shechter....

15. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

One bad game all season so I'm not panicking because until Saturday, the boys have played well. They've far exceeding my pre-season expectations, maybe overachieving a bit.

Regardless of what's gone before though, Saturday display was poor to say the least. Our performance was unrecognizable compared to those of the play-off chasing team we appeared to be before the international break.

On Saturday we played without any energy or dynamism at all. Our lack of urgency allowed Norwich, who were far from amazing, to close us down and stop us from playing from the back. Our static midfield offered no support to any one all game which meant that everyone in possession was a target, a sitting duck, easily closed down, dispossessed or forced into making a mistake. Worse though was the way we conceded the game to Norwich by gifting them 3 goals in 35 minutes. Even at our best, there's no coming back from that.

Even so, playing badly we still managed to create a few good chances so even in our darkest game to date, there was still a sliver of light.

I don't know why we under performed so badly but I hope Potter has given the team some shock therapy to make sure that no player wearing a Swans shirt ever takes 'the day off' again because a few did on Saturday. The league leaders destroyed us because of it and we've got WBA (4th) at home next followed by Derby (6th) after that and we'll need 11 players on song to get anything out of those games.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018