1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 1 v 2 Watford

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

They need to be mindful that they owe a duty of care to their constituents in Swansea and, in a sense, a moral obligation to the Ospreys, which after all is predominantly owned by local Swansea people.

ValleyGraduate12 and Stumpy like this.
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

If the council sell the liberty then they will do a dis service to the people who live in the SA post code area. The stadium is not just for sport and belongs to everyone who pay their council tax......If the yanks do buy it we will be Fcuked because they will be able to sell off the stadium to the highest bidder like a shopping consortium or a car park or something.....I'm not saying they will but they can.

3. Taffvalerowdy

Dai - they are not buying the Stadium, they want to take a primary lease over it for the remaining term of the existing lease. The Ospreys would continue to play there but with the Swans as their "effective" Landlords.

4. swanseaandproud

Sorry but i dont trust them, In fact i dont want any foreigners buying the lease or the stadium....It's to much of a risk imo.

5. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Ever since the Ravens folded the Ospreys have been looking at Bridgend as a new home.

6. Taffvalerowdy

The Ospreys are not looking at Bridgend.

The Liberty is where they want to stay and have every right to stay.

I understand from my contact in the Ospreys that there are some alternatives that could be considered, but Bridgend is not one of those.

7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Our club has been taken over by venture capitalists, and you can thank the pair of dick heads Jenkins & Morgan for that, it will be a slow death, but death it will be, the dream is over, just watch the stadium emptying before final whistle as the season progresses and we continue to not even play Sousa style with any quality....................<ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  8. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I'd love to see them return to the Gnoll one day.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  9. Taffvalerowdy

Don't hold your breath - except possibly for B&i or Anglo-Welsh matches

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  10. swanseaandproud

After the crap that we have to endure i would like to see Curt taking charge with the help from Tosh Jr.....We have nothing to lose....

11. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

12. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

The ones that stand out and are a serious cause for concern:

• Coming in to this matchday, Swansea City have attempted fewer shots (30) than Spurs' striker Harry Kane (32) in the Premier League this season, scoring the same number of goals (2).

• Five players have attempted more shots on target in the opening five matchdays of the 2017-18 Premier League season than Swansea City (7) - Mohamed Salah (13), Harry Kane (11), Romelu Lukaku (11), Joselu (10) and Sergio Aguero (8).

• Swansea have allowed their opponents 74 more shots in total and 22 more shots on target than they have attempted themselves - this is the biggest negative differential by a team in the Premier League this season.

13. Bob the slob

Untitled.jpg

Yesterday's performance map from Sqawka.

14. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

As we are on Stats here is two:

• Watford won their first away league game versus Swansea since February 1983, ending a five-game winless run.
    • Luther Blissett and John Barnes were the scorers when Watford last won on Swansea soil.

A game to forget me thinks, on another note if Clement doesn't start playing some positive game plans at home, he will not last long, Sousa style at home against Watford is pathetic and cowardly. I think the understandable anger at this slow slide into mediocrity should be directed where the true blame lies- with Huw Jenkins and the Board though, ****ers the lot of them.

On a positive note! I do think that the pairing of Bony and Abraham will come good, because they both offer different options in and around the box, as exampled by Abraham's goal from Bony's shot, I did see some promising signs from Bony, especially his hold up play, which can only get better, I think in 3 or 4 games we will see things starting to click into place, but clement has to start to be brave with his formation and tactics, I expect to see this develop over the next 5 games, and by then hopefully Bony will be match sharp................<ok>

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    PGFWhite and 55282 like this.
  15. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Agree re Bony Phill, maybe 2/3 more games and he'll fit and ready imo.

Doesn't matter though, Bony may become our golden bullet but to do so he'll need the rest of the team to stop shooting blanks. We are so bad up front that opposition keepers might as well bring a deck-chair to watch the game from while they tweet their breakfast menu to their gang of followers.

Our attack is our main problem not our defence. It is non existent and will ultimately kill us if we don't get it sorted soon. Our lack of threat puts so much stress and pressure on our defence that a mistake is destined to happen. Each defender knows that we are one mistake and one goal away from another calamitous defeat and they play with that fear every game. They must lose so much sleep that each game they must be playing through a haze of dementia suffering with PTSD in training. One tiny mistake is all it will take then BOOM! they score, the crowd explodes and we've given away yet another goal which cost us the game.

I can only see chances, and not many, coming from Carrolls set piece and maybe a few via Ayew from general play but other than that, nothing. We've no threat from either flank and even less through the middle. Abraham will only pick up scraps from Bony or Ayew as he is a scavenger not a hunter who wont create many chances for himself or others.

We are so bad up top I'd be happy if Clement drove to Malaga himself and picked up Borja Baston so he could start him next game.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  16. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

It is not the attack so much as the lack of service from behind them. I think Abraham and Bony can both score goals but need midfielders who can supply them. Clucas as a defensive midfielder's first thought is to pass backward whereas Mesa's when he came on was to either pass the ball forward or wide to try and bring our wing backs in to play. Ayew was able to play behind Abraham and Bony and was quite effective in that role.and we were more positive in the second half. Carroll was poor again as he was against Newcastle. Until KI and Sanches are up to speed I would like to see Clucas, who has more physically about him than Carroll, given the chance to play further up the pitch.

17. Bob the slob

From what I've heard you might have to wait a long time for Sanches.

18. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Spill :)

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  19. swanseaandproud

I can't see Bony getting any better as he has reached his maximum capability. The game has got faster and he has got slower in the last 3 years. If he plays of course he may get the odd goal as any striker should but i cant see him getting enough goals to make a difference to our odds of staying up, We are only as good as our defence and our defence is so poor that it has to be supported by our midfield to keep us from getting hammered. Clem dont have a clue or is a good enough coach for the No1 job and is better following orders as a No2......A 100% improvement is needed or we must get rid,,,,,,I dont think he is capable myself and im not the only one......all talk no skill to implement what he preach...

20. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Yep.