1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 1 v 2 Watford

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Sep 17, 2017.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

We did nothing to strengthen our defence in the transfer window, and it is clearly now our achilles heel!..........<ok>

Positive for me was, I got to see the match in HD on my Android box!..............<laugh>

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Anyway lads we got enough about us to stay in the PL, and that's all the Yanks want, Welcome to Yankee doodle dandy land...........<laugh>

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  3. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I wish we would have pawned Mawson off for 20 million when we had the chance . If Clement isn't going to play VDH , then search the world for a good unattached CB . 2 - 1 , still not allowing a lot of goals ...we just aint scorin any .. oh well . NEXT !!

4. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

chico
    Mawon is what he's always been despite the hype .. A Championship player.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  5. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Oh fuk.....
    Check out @SwansOfficial’s Tweet:

6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

He "thought".....

7. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Mawson thinks he's fvckin made it as a centre-back, he needs to get off the pedestal he thinks he's on. That shocker of an attempt to tackle should make the 2hat hang his fvckin head...

8. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

I tried to back him as a future ingerlan.n..d captain but couldnt get a price....thankyou god.

9. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

We haven't got pace in our squad. It's been stripped out and sold off.

10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Best side won, (like i said they would) Bony useless and the cause of the first goal...Clement clueless again and he talks rubbish blaming everyone but himself.
    This is what you get when you sell your best players and buy has beens that other teams wouldn't use ...Cardiff fair play heading towards replacing us in the premiership as we continue with this ridiculous idea that we have a good manager and good players...Fer yet again was our stand out player....Still no wins at home with no signs of achieving that.

mustyfrog likes this.

11. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Dear Paul,

It's not a case of "WE must do better", it should be "I must do better".

Clement 0 de Silva 4

Sort it out or your time is up.

PGF

NB: Thanks for last season, but this is a whole new world.

12. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Just got back in.

Without beating about the bush, that defeat was solely down to Clement - poor selection and poor tactics. Perhaps Dai is right - perhaps PC is a Number 2, and perhaps Valley is correct in that he flunked safety last year because he had to play Leon.....

Anyway, after 20 minutes, it was obvious to anyone with half a footballing brain that the formation wasn't working and that we were being overrun in midfield - where Watford had 4, sometimes 5 players to our 3.

If my mate and I could see that we needed Mesa on, as well as needing more movement (& width), then surely a so called experienced Coach must.... surely?

Roll back to last season when we were being shafted by Chelsea in the first half, what did Guidolin do? He had the nous and the balls to make a change in that first half - he hooked off Taylor, re-formatted the structure, and hey presto, we got on top, and eventually got a deserved point.

Today - Clement just watched the first half play out as if he was a mere observer.

We were lucky to go in at half time only 0-1 down.

Finally, at half time he makes the changes, and for the best part of the next 35 minutes we were in control and started to look like we were going to win it.

Then 3 things happened

1) Deeley came on and gave them go forward energy
    2) Mesa gave the ball away
    3) Mawson f*cked up. (Yes Mesa gave the ball away, but Mawson had the opportunity to clear the danger, but f*cked it up)

My takeaways from today

A) it's going to be another long season
    B) Clement is too negative
    C) Mesa or Leon needs to start every game
    D) we need more width
    E) we need more pace
    F) Abraham is sharper than Bony
    G) unless we play to Bony's strengths there's no point playing him
    H) the Yanks will need to get their cheque books out in January - a RB, a CB, 1 winger at least

At times today it was like watching the Ospreys last night - a frustrating team of individuals devoid of attacking ideas.........

13. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Well stop setting up so ****ing negative at home then <doh>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  14. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Do we thank him or the other midfielders getting injured forcing Clement to pick Leon? <whistle>

15. Taffvalerowdy

Leon was sitting not far from me - he should have been on the bloody pitch!

16. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

You can see why Clem has only been nothing more than a helper at other teams and when he had his first job as manager with Derby he did what he is doing with us.........Talked a good game but that's it.....Deservedly sacked....

17. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

This is the dross you get when you convert talent and drive into cash and profit.

We are starting to reap the benefits of our embarrassingly poor summer transfer activity where we traded £70m worth of talent and drive for cheap option, inferior, alternatives. We cant even call them our own as we have stooped to renting wannabe hopefuls from clubs to make up the numbers.

The worry is that every one of the players, except Fabianski and I like Ayew too, has a mistake in him. Even more worrying is that PC is showing that he is prone to ****ing up too. His initial selection was a farce and bringing Sanchez on when Watford were starting to press was, I'm being very polite here, a miscalculation. Sanchez didn't cost us the game but bringing him on meant that for the last ten minutes of the game we were effectively playing with ten men.

We missed out big time in the summer transfer window but I don't see the Yanks splashing out on any real talent to replace what they've taken out of the squad. Pound land closing down in town doesn't help matters because I dont see the yanks giving us a transfer budget that would stretch to the Argos January sales.

Anyone else worried that the council is considering gifting them control of a community asset WE bought and paid for so they can extract all the profits from the Liberty Stadium?

18. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

14% of fcuk all ! :headbang:

PGFWhite and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  19. Taffvalerowdy

Any deal agreed must be acceptable and fair to both the Council and the Ospreys - yet I'm hearing from people in the Stadium that the Yanks want everything their own way.

20. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Its a worry Taff, hope the Council see sense even if they haven't in the past.