1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 0 v 3 Tottenham Hotspur

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 11, 2018.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

This game just shows how much we are short on quality in our squad.

55282 and Rhodthesod like this.
  2. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

Out classed, but poor tactics first half and lack of effort.

Hope Tammy is not seriously injured.. get McBurnie back, at least he tries

DragonPhilljack and 55282 like this.
  3. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think that your missing players were just a bit too much for you and our lot were well up for it.
    Eriksen playing a little deeper since Kane's injury has made it very hard to deal with him.

Good luck to you for the rest of the season and I'm sure you'll stay up now.
    Carvahal's made you a different team entirely, despite your results against us.

4. DragonPhilljack

Well done on the win, was just a training session for you if the truth be told, hope you go on and thump Manure.....................<cheers>

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  5. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

We'll get Chelsea. We always get ****ing Chelsea. <grr>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  6. DragonPhilljack

Missed Jordan Ayew immensely today, big loss for us, we move on now though to PL survival, lot of 6 pointer games around us today......................<ok>

7. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

Being outclassed is one thing but the flat energy, poor control and lack of effort was appalling. Or am I over exaggerating?

Bob the slob and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  8. DragonPhilljack

Ball control by both Dyer and Abraham was poor today, both spilling the ball, and both of them contributing to the Spurs counter attack, we really needed both of them to step up to the next level, and it didn't happen, we barely had a shot on goal first half, never mind the Spurs curse continues..................<rofl>

9. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Caught between a rock and a hard place after the early goal, if you don't mind me saying.
    You'd prevented us from creating anything up til that point and Abraham had rattled our centre-halves with his strength a couple of times.
    Once we were ahead we could just keep the ball and run you into the ground and if you pushed up then Moura, Lamela and Son would all get in behind with pace.
    The half-time change would've given you more momentum, but the second goal made it really tough.

If you'd have had the Ayew brothers available then we'd have been easier to catch with long balls into the channels on the break.
    The number of missing players would test most sides, I think.

10. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Can concentrate on staying up now. Far more important games to come.

11. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

To be honest, thought we were poor today, lacking energy and focus.

If Tammy’s pass to Dyer had been better then who knows.

That said, overall many players were poor today. Dyer was awful, Tammy Is Championship level, Naughton was dreadful.

Only good thing is that PL results largely went our way.

12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Looking at the last two games Stats then you cant fail to see that the honeymoon period is over as the bubble has burst good and proper......Hopefully we have done enough and results go our way until the end of the season....

13. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Spurs were so comfortable they didn't have to cheat.

Nordfelt a couple outstanding save but his distribution was uncommonly poor, didn't communicate with the defence and he had no common of his area.
    Olsson was decent but with little ahead of him cut a very frustrated figure on too many occasions
    MdH solid but had little ahead of him
    Bartley didn't feature much but was guilty of letting Spurs players walk through too often.
    Mawson had a very good game
    Naughton was one to forget but with little ahead of him.
    Carroll? Anyone but Carroll please.
    Ki wasn't going o break sweat
    Clucas was back to his early form with us.
    Dyer battled but did very little.
    Abraham disappeared for long stretches which isn't surprising if he was our 1 up front but got another lesson in the difference between Championship and Premiership today.
    Nursing injected some attack for a few minutes but was quickly snuffed out.
    Not sure why a couple of youngster didn't come on at the end but, that said, Rberts and Routs barely touched the ball.

We were taken apart by a team that had been to FA cup draws by Newport and Rochdale.

Our vocal support today was abysmal. I know there was little to sing about but there is quiet and there's deathly.

14. Taffvalerowdy

The next 2 PL games will give a better indication if the honeymoon period is over.

Last week was impacted by the early red card, and today's much changed team is one that is unlikely to be selected for a PL match

15. Taffvalerowdy

An occasion to forget!

I bloody froze!

DragonPhilljack and Bob the slob like this.
  16. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Absolute abject performance, we were awful. We were playing Spurs & 2 of our worst performers were their dross, Naughton & Carroll.

These 2 guys for a start, have got to go at the season end. I go as far as to say I don’t want to see Carroll in a Swans shirt again. He offers fvckin zilch, a waste of a player. He hides from responsibility too. Stealing it the fvcker!! How the fvck he stayed on the pitch for the whole game is incredible. Ki was basically on his own in midfield. Carlos should have hooked him for Leon & giving Ki the opportunity to get further forward.

But it was a flat performance too, an easy training session for Tottenham & their fans were superb too. We couldn’t even sell out the home end, fvckin disgraceful. We didn’t deserve to grace the Semi final, Spurs do & I hope they win the cup now, I’ll try & ignore that cvnt Alli though.

We never got up for this Cup & thoroughly deserve to be out. Let’s hope it doesn’t affect the rest of the season otherwise down we could be going. Then again, all the plastics can then fvck off & leave it to the real Swans fans again...

17. Taffvalerowdy

I think we missed Andy King in midfield - Carroll was abject.

Bartley showed what he is - Championship level. Not a patch on Fernandez who unfairly gets huge abuse at times. You don't get to be an Argentine International CB if you are crap.

18. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Sad sad show.
    No strength in depth.
    FFS this was a HOME QF

I did predict a 2-0 loss....3-0 loss but......

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  19. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We dont have replacements good enough and that is something Carlos is going to have to rectify for next season whatever league we are in....

20. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

I was quite toastie??? No gloves needed.
    Just as well because they must have dropped out of my pocket on the way to the ground.
    Then someone knocked my cup of coffee off the table Morrisons and refused to replace it.
    Once inside the ground (starving & thirsty) I ask for a Steak Pie and Cup of tea - I duly paid my £6.10 and got a cup of chocolate with a broken burned pie crust.
    Not content with selling me 'the last steak pie' (take it or leave it) they managed to keep the filling stone cold while burning the crust .. it was also a curry pie. I ***king hate curry pies.
    When I complained I was told I should have pointed out the error before left the counter!
    Would probably been asked to lave had I not scooted off having told some lumpy git what he could do with the pie and the chocolate.
    Crappy day really.