1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City 0 v 1 Southampton

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, May 5, 2018.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image
    Swansea City v Southampton
    please log in to view this image

Barclays Premier League
    Date - 8 May 2018
    Kick off - 19.45
    Venue - The Liberty Stadium

Following yet another disappointing result, the Swans are very much entering the last chance saloon, with the Fat Lady getting ready .....

This is where Carlos and the players must show their mettle and fight for the cause and deliver the result that is required. However, the question has to be asked 'Is Carlos a busted flush?' and has his novelty value rubbed off?

Another question for the players is 'Do you have it in you to fight for the Club that pays you so much?'

We have failed to score in 5 of the last 7 matches - and won none of them! Little wonder that we have found ourselves very much back in deep, deep trouble.

Yes, defeat against Southampton may still leave us in with a chance against Stoke - but that only works if Huddersfield lose their final 3 games.

As for Southampton, they have shown that they are up for the fight - Mark Hughes has certainly had a positive influence - and they deserved more than 1 point against Everton. The question is, how will that late Everton equaliser affect them - will they be devastated, or will it make them even more determined?

Previous matches between the 2 teams have absolutely no bearing whatsoever given the circumstances - this must be the most important fixture ever between the teams.

I cannot imagine that Carlos will not be in charge - but is he the man to rally the troops and select a team that can not only compete, fight but most important of all, win?

I will be there on Tuesday - most probably watching the game through my fingers - the Jack Army will have a huge role to play: they could be the all important 12th man.

Win Tuesday and beat Stoke and we will be safe. Anything less may not be enough.

My heart says we will win 2-1, but my head says 1-2 to Southampton. I really hope my heart is right<cheers>

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Taff....stop writing excellent write ups.

Thankyou mate.

0-0

3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

If the overpaid pricks put half the effort you put into the match threads we'd already be safe Taff <ok>

1-0 win by the way.

Taffvalerowdy and 55282 like this.
  4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

If Carlos is still the coach then forget it ...It will be an easy saints win that will confirm it will be championship football next season and an exit door for anyone who is any good...

5. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Fab
    Naughton Fede VDH Olsson
    Roberts King Clucas
    Ayew Ayew
    Abraham

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Goalscorer(s)
    ?

swanseaandproud likes this.
  7. swanseaandproud

Same old same old that has not worked.....Take a risk on the old school who are better equipped and know what it's like to fight for a win....

8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Great read Taff, and I would just like to say that we must now be the under dogs for this fixture as the Saints are in some good form, and were robbed today of all three points by the ref, who should have blown his whistle 2 minutes before, i would be gutted if I was a Saints supporter seeing what the ref did, I noticed that Hughes rightly went and had a go at the ref at the end, as for this fixture I would say the best we could expect is a draw, I cannot see us getting a win, our players are gutless, why do we persist with Carol? and if we start this game with 5 at the back, then I cannot watch it, and will find something more positive to do, sick and tired of this gutless crew we have.

I am even considering the fact that if we do go down, it will only be what these players deserve, and I hope we have a clear out, including the Chairman, Jenkins has got to go....................<ok>

9. swanseaandproud

A definite clear out is a must but jenkins will only go when he is ready as he is a shareholder and dont have any say at player level anyway, them days are long gone...Pearlman runs that side of things now....

10. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Second half sub - Routs and Sanches <cheers>

aswan_dam and Taffvalerowdy like this.

11. swanseaandproud

The pressure is really on our shoulders in this game where a draw is no good, We must win...<ok> Can we do it ? .Yes with the right game plan but you can't ignore our last ten games where we have not won and hardly scored any goals......A massive turn of form is needed or we will go down as lame ducks....

12. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Now we have to win the last two after today.

13. Stegie

Stegie Well-Known Member

I think I speak for both sets of fans when i say: I am absolutely ****ting myself about Tuesday night. Best of luck lads, I hope your home advantage doesn't help too much! <cheers>

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

atm that is the only advantage we have .

15. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Not correct! If we draw then we go into the last game of the season with just needing a win against Stoke, as the Saints have Citeh, and while it is possible they could get a draw, it's very doubtful they would get a win. Winning our last two games is preferable though, I'll grant you that...................<laugh>

16. swanseaandproud

It hasn't in a lot of home games this season and that is why we are in this position ...Employing crap managers never helped either....

17. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

What a ****ing scam this PL is.....

In what world is it fair and acceptable that in one weekend we've seen results that everyone knows are bullshit :

Champions Man City 0 - 0 Huddersfield
    Bottom of PL WBA 1 - 0 Spurs
    Brighton 1 - 0 Man United

If teams are not going to give a **** then they should be penalised by the FA.

18. WestWalianGit

WestWalianGit Member

Yes cannot believe Citeh did not beat Huddersfield. Two wins it will have to be now. Saints looked quite good against Everton while we dropped to a disappointing defeat. Cannot believe the chance J Ayew had on sat and did not test the keeper. Hard to see a win on Tuesday, but 3 points would be massive.

19. swanseaandproud

That's the way the cookie crumbles when your playing your last game with nothing to gain......Nobody will want to risk getting injured that's for sure...

20. swanseaandproud

All we have for this game is HOPE.......What will be will be and we just have to get on with it...