1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea & Barnsley

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by Showoff, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Showoff

Showoff Active Member
    Forum Moderator

So, it's been a long season, maybe even better then last season. We have done better than most would have hoped for at the start and we're in the position of possibly going into the playoffs.

Can we win both games and Forest slip up?

What do we do with Morison now that we have others who are banging them in?

If we do make it, what do you think our chances are of going into the big league?

Whatever happens, I'm delighted...no PROUD of all that Millwall have done this season. Hats off to the players and staff.

<applause><applause><applause>

2. Ulster Lion

Ulster Lion Member

Been a great season and no-one could argue with that but does make it tough next season one way or another :)

Was thinking the same about Morison with the stand-in strikers doing well but don't see a future for Harris here after this season in the playing squad anyhow. Would probably still start with Morison as he will not want to be sidelined and have a point to prove and hopefully apologise to the fans for.

All we can do is focus on the teams in front of us. Swansea are either very good or just average and the pressure could affect them. Barnsley have nothing to play for. As long as we don't make silly mistakes and sit back then I believe we can win these matches.

Forest should do well but I suspect they will throw some points away and predict 1 win and 1 draw leaving us in 6th if we win both our games.

Great first season and like you say, an <applause> is well deserved! <ok>

3. MFC_Lion

MFC_Lion Well-Known Member

Swans are guaranteed a playoff spot and can't finish 2nd so you would expect the manager to rest a few players and for players to be looking to avoid injuries for the playoff games.

Plus we haven't lost at home to them for 81 years!

We know that 6 points is what will be required and Forest may lose points away to Palace which would mean us edging it on GD <ok>

4. rockymountainlion

This season has gone way beyond what i expected, and this is all down to a great, great manager, staff, the majority of the players and of course the chairman. In a funny way, i dont want us to make the playoffs, but still manage to get the maximum amount of points possible, start next on a high, and push on to automatic promotion, **** it, as champions, why the **** not. I just worry if we make the playoffs and lose, we could lose the momentum this great late season run has given the team, and possibly we could lose some our better players.
    That being said, if we make wembley a third year in a row, I will be booking my flight back home the second the game is finished.

5. Millwall_Adam

Millwall_Adam Member

You may have to tell Neil that mate.....
    http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/millwall/00,news,23221,5227,00.htm

6. rockymountainlion

7. Millwall_Adam

Millwall_Adam Member

Neil Chopper Harris is Neils nickname or other Millwall fans call him Neil Bomber Harris they're two different nicknames for him :)

8. ninianbluebird

Swansea are **** away from home so you guys should get something from the game! I'd rather see you guys in the play-offs than Forest!!

9. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

QPR fan in peace.

Ive been keeping an eye on the 'Wall all season and its great you're in the shake up. When we came up from Div1 we finished 11th which I thought was brilliant at the time. You guys could still go all the way! QPR and Millwall in the Prem? You'd never know boys. Ive always liked Millwall and Kenny is a great lad who served us well as 1st team coach. WHatever happens you've had a great season and things are looking up.

Good luck in your final two games.

10. Ulster Lion

Ulster Lion Member

Thanks chaps. Never know Swords, you never know! :)

QPR have been the most dominant team all season and the latest few results unexpected. Maybe they have taken the foot off the gas a little? Good luck in the Prem and well done!