1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea 0 v 1 Brighton

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Oct 29, 2017.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Championship <ok> That's as positive as i can be....sorry.

2. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

What a crappy day.
    Started by stopping a fight. Old Swansea fan pushing and shoving and verbally abusing a Korean outside the ground; old pillock then turned-on me for not wearing a poppy, someone in the row below was taken very ill and I lost my wallet.
    Then there was the football!

3. swanseaandproud

Sod the football....wallet i would be worried about Bob...

ValleyGraduate12 and 55282 like this.
  4. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Rough day man !
    What happened to the Old Swansea arsehole ? Did he get sorted out ?

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  5. Bob the slob

Sousa - did it before, great success everywhere else since English leagues, point to prove, very attacking when give a forward.
    Currently without a club (no fee to pay).

(Someone near me was banging on about bringing Monk back to sort out the mess, 'just like he did when we got rid of that fuc*** idiot Laudrup.' Just summed up my day.)

6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

No

7. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

The only success the owners want is staying in the PL. They'll happily see it go down to the final second of the season if it means we stay up and they can continue to pocket the monies etc.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  8. swanseaandproud

Sousa would be great, But he would never work for Jenkins again and who can blame him.....There are plenty of good managers available but they wont want what we would pay them....

9. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Agree. Had we been relegated under Rodgers, the systems etc were in place for us to stabalise and launch another bid back into the PL within 2 seasons.

Now, it's a doomsday scenario.

10. Bob the slob

Got grabbed by someone he was with and went off swearing. I stayed & chatted with the Korean bloke for a few minutes while he got himself together. He didn't want to report the halfwit but there again I'm sure the stewards outside the east must have seen what happened.
    Has this been increasing because the notice that kept flashing up on the screens was new. Not sure it will work though as I doubt the people it was aimed at can read.

Just had a message to say my wallet was found and I can collect it Monday. Hurray.

11. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Our only hope is that Belgium have a stinker at the world cup and we somehow tempt Martinez back to rebuild the club.

12. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

The bottom line is we are rubbish.Top to bottom.
    Money has ruled for some.
    Please money grabbers keep your heads down on the streets of Swansea though I hazard a guess you will be sunning yourselves in Puerto Banus.

13. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Sorry to say this, but I agree with you Dai, were clueless.

14. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I can answer no with feeling. When I saw them warming up only one full back in the squad, Ki at DM which he has been poor for us whenever he's been in that position, Carroll picked when he is far too lightweight although he does put the effort in. No one could take a deadball kick, Do they practice in training? I don't want to go on but this was the most depressed I've felt after a game since our reelection season in Div 4

15. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

One of the worst so far ! 12%

Its getting desperate now and its not even mid way ffs !
    Clemo doesnt seem to have the right stuff, and with the **** hand he was dealt by the club and bringing in nothing thats bettered last term he needs to go, but is clinging on because no managers that know what thier doing will come ?

That big nosed yanks rent boy cant be ****ed off away from our club soon enough ! And when he eventually is gotten rid of they may have a street party outside the liberty for the fans to have something to celebrate at long last !
    The yanks ! Pfft american fagin and arthur daly more like nuff said !

We are going to have to start the long term rebuild soon now our once rock solid foundations have been undermined and turned to jelly ! Slowly get rid of whats robbing a living on and off the field here and pray there are a couple of good managers out there that will take up the challenge of bringing proper skilled footy back to us ! Even though it will probably involve a relegation and a few years to rid us of the crap thats found its way into our team n club . Time will see the super swans rise again.

16. swanseaandproud

Swansea City's miserable run continued as they were beaten 1-0 by Brighton at the Liberty Stadium.

Chief football writer Chris Wathan rates the players from the match...

Swansea City 0 Brighton 1: Fans vent their anger at the board following miserable defeat to Chris Hughton's side
      STAR MAN - LUKASZ FABIANSKI 6
      Let down by defence for Murray’s opener but still kept side in it with huge save from Dunk.

KYLE NAUGHTON 6
      Looked determined to deliver better from the right and was more involved with the overlap but still slow to react well enough.

please log in to view this image

Brighton celebrate scoring against Swansea City
      FEDERICO FERNANDEZ (CAPT) 5
      Had already looked erratic before inexplicable duck for opener, affecting him further as passes were forced.

ALFIE MAWSON 5
      Brushed aside shockingly easily by Murray in moments that could have made things even worse. Not anywhere near standards he has set.

SAM CLUCAS 5
      Looked uncomfortable in a flat four. Didn’t stop cross for Murray’s goal and failed to show any quality on front foot. With Carroll, bore brunt of fan frustration.

TOM CARROLL 5
      Tried to get involved but looked shot of confidence. To his credit, tried more than most to make things happen but didn’t come off.

Tom Carroll of Swansea City and Gaetan Bong of Brighton and Hove Albion battle for the ball
      KI SUNG-YUENG 5
      Big step back from the more authoritative displays of late, sitting too deep to have any and still allowing Brighton to play through. Horrendous set-piece at times.

LEROY FER 5
      Managed a few drives forward and some threat but error-ridden and sluggish. Not good enough.

Swansea City v Brighton RECAP: Paul Clement's men sink into the relegation zone after desperate defeat as fans vent their anger at club hierarchy
      NATHAN DYER 6
      Brave enough to get on the ball and try and spark something and at least had heart to show fight, Not enough though.

TAMMY ABRAHAM 6
      Kept going with woeful service but couldn’t make more of the very few chances that came his way. Needed to hold up better but no support.

JORDAN AYEW 4
      A waste of a shirt and when he did get involved displayed a horrendous touch. Dreadful.

Jordan Ayew of Swansea City and Anthony Knockaert of Brighton in action
      SUBS:
      Luciano Narsingh (for Carroll 60): Hit bar and did at least give some attacking hope. 6

Oli McBurnie (for Ayew 79): No chance of impact. 5

Wayne Routledge (for Abraham 79): Never likely to change game. 5

Not Used: Nordfeldt(gk), van der Hoorn, Mesa, Fulton.

Brighton: Ryan; Bruno(Capt), Dunk, Duffy, Bong; Knockaert, Propper, Stephens, Izquierdo(March 65); Gross(Brown 85); Murray(Hemed 78).

Subs Not Used: Krul(gk), Goldson, Schelotto, Suttner.

SCORERS -

Brighton: Murray 29

YELLOW CARDS -

Swansea: Fernandez 29, Clucas 66

17. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

18. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

But that s the point we're not well run , hence we have what we deserve

19. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

They might try and offload in January and let new owners finance any transfers.....

20. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

As I've previously said, Clement got lucky last year that Cork and Ki were injured and he was FORCED to pick Leon. It was Leon that kept us up last year and not Clement.

By the way, where the **** is Leon? Clement doesn't seem to rate him at all? At this rate, I'd settle for sacking Clement and making Rangel manager with Leon as his number 2 <grr>