1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swans v Sampdoria

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by PGFWhite, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I thought we looked more balanced throughout the side , Routledge playing through the middle seemed to like his new position.The hardest opposition so far this preseason but we made it look easy at times.Nice one touch interplay and movement off the ball then Maybe we won't miss Siggy as so many pundits have predicted we will

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Agree. I thought we were quicker moving the ball up the pitch because of Routs ability to change angle so quick. His first touch under pressure also looked better than Gylfis.

On that performance, Routs could have a very important season for us.

As for balance, I fully agree. Bring in one or two of top quality and we could have a very good season. We were also very, very organised off the ball too.

Bring on the season!

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Just finished watching the game on Y Tube.....An excellent performance up front that shows we should grab the £45m + add ons ASAP as that is more beneficial to the club all day long,,, Fer MOM for the second game running and carrol did brilliant with corners and free kicks. Ayew put a shift in and Leon did well as a defensive midfielder than his normal attacking midfielder.....Easily our best performance of pre season with a well orchestrated game plan by clem........If he can find a couple of decent defenders then i think we will have a decent season....

seabreeze likes this.
  4. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

whilst i wasn't getting worried over the **** performances in the early friendlies, I am not getting excited over this, a good performance against a tidy side, but it was still a friendly. Some good signs, none of us know where we are until we get to 5pm on Saturday and we see how we have performed against Saints. Pluses were definitely Abraham and I feel we have got a good one for the season there. It shows how far we need to move forward with our youngsters, when people were calling for Mcburnie to play last year and difference in quality between him and Abrahams is enormous and Chelsea have loads of these kids.

All in all a good performance and gives PC something to work with, imagine if we had actually strengthened the squad and allowed PC time to work with them. On a side note, thought Messa looked average lots of pointing and jogging around without doing much. I am sure as he gets used to the PL he will improve.

aswan_dam, Stumpy and seabreeze like this.
  5. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Agree TLF, Mesa looks unfit and off the pace, needs to lose a few lbs imo.

6. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Routledge my MOTM, Number 10 suits him........................<ok>

7. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I wouldn't doubt seeing Routs starting behind the striker right out of the gates this season . Seems to have a reborn attidude and he is our most creative player IMO . Clement is really looking at a lot of options everywhere and that's a good thing in my book .