1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swans v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by PGFWhite, Aug 13, 2017.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

We've got to spend it on quality first. And that's the worry.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  2. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Remember , 5 million for Llorente and 15 million for Baston , quality is where you can find it ....at any level of price or age .

3. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Whilst I agree we need to strengthen our team but I am not too disheartened by this defeat. I thought we competed well for 70 minutes with Lukaku being well handled by our defenders. It was the change of system, for the reason I understood , which opened the floodgates. The worry is that the players who came on, together with those in front of the defence, as a unit, did not have the guile to create chances. I am not too bothered by the defeat as we never expect to win all the games and realistically this was always one we were likely to lose.

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

When Bartley went off we reverted back to our 'Keystone cops' defence, the same on that nearly did for us under the Clown Bradley last year. Mawson and Fernandez were atrociousness in the last ten minutes, there's is no other way to describe their performance.

We were ok up until Bartley went off and Mawson and Fernandez were supposed to use their heads and change to a flat back 4 formation to fill the spaces his absence left. But no, they played 'thick as ****' football and more or less stayed in the exact same positions they'd been playing when Bartely was on the pitch.

The dumb ****s were to change formation and cover the space left by Bartleys absence and they didn't leaving half the pitch as empty as a North Dakota prairie. Man utd simply rode in, unopposed, unchallenged and untouched to score three very simple goals.

The 3 goals Utd had nothing to do with their cutting edge qualities but everything to do with our lack of footballing intelligence and quality at the back.

My worry is that it will be business as usual up to Christmas with teams licking their lips in anticipation as they use us as target practice.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Going to be a long season again, we are weaker than last season and have a goal deficit to find, hope the Bony rumours are true!...............<laugh>

seabreeze and Stumpy like this.